CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

50 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I'm assuming this will include that stuff from the trailer where he breaks up a mob meeting or something and then the police show up.

Has there ever been an MCU film with a director’s cut before (and no, the stuff with EG doesn’t count)?

7 minutes ago, Orestes said:

I'm assuming this will include that stuff from the trailer where he breaks up a mob meeting or something and then the police show up.

There’s a good chance that it includes this sequence:  

“That was in the movie for a while,” Watts told io9 over the phone. “It’s part of a montage where Peter is running a bunch of errands that he has to do before he flies to Europe. And the joke was his errands were he had to buy a dual headphone adapter...he had to get one of those European travel plugs, he sold some of his action figures so that he would have enough money to [Minor Spoiler Removed], pick up his passport, and he had to take down this extremely dangerous crime family. That’s Spider-Man’s to-do list.”

It just ended up not being necessary to the flow of the movie,” Watts continued. “But it is a fun little sequence and that whole sequence will be one of the extra features when the movie comes out on Blu-ray.”

Also features the scenes with Mr Delmar.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Has there ever been an MCU film with a director’s cut before (and no, the stuff with EG doesn’t count)?

No

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Will it be enough to push it to 400M+ DOM?

Doubt it, but 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Sony really desperate to get this over Captain Marvel huh 

???   

Is this just a joke that I’m missing? FFH will be below CM DOM and above it WW with this, just like it would have been without this...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, RealLyre said:

Sony really desperate to get this over Captain Marvel huh 

Spidey would have gotten over CM regardless of this rerelease.

• Like 3

I wonder if there reexpansions will become more common.  The trend of movies staying out of the way of the biggest tent poles has this weird after effect of those tent poles having their legs cut off by dramatic screen losses caused by too many new movies releasing at one time.  When many of those movies inevitably flop, theaters are maybe better off bringing back the tent poles with some new footage. 

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Any hope it hits 400M dom with expansion?

My purely emotional hope is still there. 

It seemed to me that$390 was the lid without a push. I don’t know if a push can get it $10m more. 

• Like 1

• Like 2

On 8/17/2019 at 1:41 PM, Valonqar said:

Any hope it hits 400M dom with expansion?

I hope so. As much as I love the Raimi movies, I'd like to see FFH take the top spot domestically in the Spider-Man franchise.

It is kind of wild that Sony’s highest grossing movie unadjusted is from 17 years ago — and it didn’t even do that crazy originally (I know it hit #5 DOM, which was great, but not like a TFA or Endgame type performance being a studios top grosser 17 years later).

10 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

It is kind of wild that Sony’s highest grossing movie unadjusted is from 17 years ago — and it didn’t even do that crazy originally (I know it hit #5 DOM, which was great, but not like a TFA or Endgame type performance being a studios top grosser 17 years later).

Actually, their highest grossing movie unadjusted for inflation is now the Jumanji sequel, though it just barely edged out the first Sam Raimi Spider-Man film. 

16 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Actually, their highest grossing movie unadjusted for inflation is now the Jumanji sequel, though it just barely edged out the first Sam Raimi Spider-Man film. 

Ahhhh that’s right. They’re super close and I forgot which was in what position. I don’t think FFH can touch either, but fingers crossed.

Shocked that Sony hasn't announced the sequel yet, assuming it's the mystery 11th Phase 4 project Feige mentioned.

• Like 1

Fucking YIKES!!!