CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

“There is a lot of webbing here, but it all comes down to money, and it’s easy to understand why both sides refused to give ground. Disney asked that future Spider-Man films be a 50/50 co-financing arrangement between the studios, and there were discussions that this might extend to other films in the Spider-Man universe. Sony turned that offer down flat”

YIKES

How fast are Marvel gonna yank those SpiderMan sequels from Playstation?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Not surprised at all with this news.  But they can still work things out if both sides really wanted to do so

• Like 2

Wait, so let me see if I got this right, Sony is still making a FFH sequel with Tom Holland as Spider-Man and Jon Watts as the director, but Kevin Feige won’t be involved? How is that supposed to work? Jesus Christ...

18 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Shocked that Sony hasn't announced the sequel yet, assuming it's the mystery 11th Phase 4 project Feige mentioned.

You now have your answer as to why.  Sony got cocky with their own successes of Spider-Verse and Venom. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Greed on both sides 

Lol. Disney was asking for way too much. Good on Sony to balk.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

How are the last two movies gonna work without any MCU characters? Unless they just get axed and Spider-Man gets rebooted again. Also, seriously Disney, way to be greedy.

Edited by infamous5445
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, infamous5445 said:

How are the last two movies gonna work without any MCU characters? Unless they just get axed and Spider-Man gets rebooted again. 

Probably just won't include any MCU characters. Don't need 'em to tell a Spider-man story lol.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Lol. Disney was asking for way too much. Good on Sony to balk.

I don’t agree that it was good on Sony to just walk out of the deal, but I would agree that Disney’s terms sound like they were a bit much. I blame both companies for this, although I would place more of the blame on Disney.

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 7

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Was there not some if the movie do 1 billion Sony cannot remove Disney from the next one process ?

https://theankler.com/bullets-over-the-box-office-spidey-spidey-spidey-ho/

The Marvel universe dodged a bullet here. The original Sony/Marvel/Spidey deal to co-produce these movies stipulated that if this Spidey cleared a billion, Marvel would get to oversee a third. If it hadn’t, full control would have reverted back to Sony, which raised the specter that America’s Most Beloved Entertainment Executive would look to cash in/out every way possible, as well as grab complete unexpurgated credit for the victory and thrown superhero canon to the wind. (Not something he was ever a fan of in the first place). It was feared he would have tossed Spidey and Venom together for a quickie mash-up that very potentially could’ve sunk both.

Edited by Barnack

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Probably just won't include any MCU characters. Don't need 'em to tell a Spider-man story lol.

Maybe a soft reboot (It would suck, but yikes) I say soft reboot cause there is no way they make a sequel to FFH that is not part of the MCU, even without MCU characters, considering everything goes around “Tony Stark” and all the previous events in other movies 

Edited by raulbalarezo

MCU Spidey was easily my favorite iteration. Given that and venom being just ok, I have little interest in whatever they do with it going forward.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Was there not some if the movie do 1 billion Sony cannot remove Disney from the next one process ?

https://theankler.com/bullets-over-the-box-office-spidey-spidey-spidey-ho/

The Marvel universe dodged a bullet here. The original Sony/Marvel/Spidey deal to co-produce these movies stipulated that if this Spidey cleared a billion, Marvel would get to oversee a third. If it hadn’t, full control would have reverted back to Sony, which raised the specter that America’s Most Beloved Entertainment Executive would look to cash in/out every way possible, as well as grab complete unexpurgated credit for the victory and thrown superhero canon to the wind. (Not something he was ever a fan of in the first place). It was feared he would have tossed Spidey and Venom together for a quickie mash-up that very potentially could’ve sunk both.

That was never confirmed, it was just a rumor.