CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

Lmao we are getting Spider-Man vs Venom and a Spider-Verse movie featuring Holland, Tobey and Garfield. And after Sony kills the brand in around 10 years they will be bought by Disney.

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, raulbalarezo said:

Maybe a soft reboot (It would suck, but yikes) I say soft reboot cause there is no way they make a sequel to FFH that is not part of the MCU, even without MCU characters since everything goes around “Tony Stark” and all the previous events in other movies 

See the Spidey sequels will still take place in the MCU but the rest of the MCU will now ignore the Spidey. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Lol. Disney was asking for way too much. Good on Sony to balk.

They made SpiderMan movies for free and gave Sony exclusivity to what’s gonna end up being their biggest game of the generation. 

I mean... Disney had a reason to claim a stake here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Probably just won't include any MCU characters. Don't need 'em to tell a Spider-man story lol.

But do characters like Mysterio and Vulture count as MCU characters or do they still fall under Spider-Man rights? I never understood this deal lol.

1 minute ago, infamous5445 said:

That was never confirmed, it was just a rumor.

Obviously (I was joking, if we cannot take rumors from something called the ankler has factual.....)

• Haha 1

Yikes. Did not expect this kind of news. Wow. 

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

See the Spidey sequels will still take place in the MCU but the rest of the MCU will now ignore the Spidey. 

You are right, Holland’s Spidey is a part of the MCU whether they like it or not, it will just be MCU adjacent, the way the Netflix shows were. Casual references at most, no more meaningful interaction in the Spidey films

Whether or not that means he’s done with ensemble films is unclear, though I myself won’t count on it

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

They made SpiderMan movies for free and gave Sony exclusivity to what’s gonna end up being their biggest game of the generation. 

Actually, from what I understand, Sony were the ones who financed the MCU Spider-Man movies, including paying Marvel Studios a fee upfront. Disney wanting a large share of the profits for these films definitely sounds like plain old greed, especially given that they already owned the full merchandising rights to the character. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Best news I have heard in a long time.  It’s time to get SPIDER-MAN back in the focus of Spider-Man films.  Marvel was doing this character a disservice.  I’m  pumped!!!

Edited by Knights of Ren
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Not Cool 4

1 minute ago, AJG said:

For free is a way to put it, for the character rights in Civil War, Avengers and did we ever got to know detail about that deal ?

There may be some opportunities for Marvel to benefit financially from the Sony films, with payments tied to certain box office milestones. The financial relationship is likened by sources to the kind of compensation structure a producer would receive.

In the previous deal Marvel was paying a small amount Sony to make the Amazing Spider Man 1-2, around 23m depending on box office benchmark, considering those movie were huge publicity for the brand, I imagine that was removed in the new deal.

Disney had a reason to claim stake and it was obvious why both party didn't reach a deal, loosing half of Spiderman is nuts, loosing time working on those movie without a large stake in them is also nuts for the other side.

• Like 1

I don't like this iteration of Spidey at all, so bye.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

People act like Spider-Man movies will bomb now. Venom made 850 million with trash reviews lol

Venom vs Spider-Man is gonna make bank 

• Like 5

This is fucking hysterical, I love this, I laugh hard at this, and I can't wait to see where this goes. Disney's greedy, Sony's stupid, it's perfect.

• Haha 2

Just now, WittyUsername said:

Actually, from what I understand, Sony were the ones who financed the MCU Spider-Man movies, including paying Marvel Studios a fee upfront. Disney wanting a large share of the profits for these films definitely sounds like plain old greed, especially given that they already owned the full merchandising rights to the character. 

It was free, and Sony got also got out of paying Marvel the fees they would pay whenever they made a SpiderMan movie or spin off got made (eg Marvel still got paid from Deadpool 2, but they didn’t get paid for Venom).

Yeah both sides were absolutely stupid. Disney for being way too greedy and Sony for just running instead of trying to work it out.

So basically my favorite MCU character is done. Ugh. Hope this turns out like the James gunn situation.

• Like 6