CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

Hopefully that piece of shit studio crashes and burns so Marvel can buy back the rights. So sick of their stupid decisions, I can’t believe they would do this after Far From Home’s resounding success.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 2
  • Not Cool 7

1 minute ago, Minnale101 said:

People act like Spider-Man movies will bomb now. Venom made 850 million with trash reviews lol

Venom vs Spider-Man is gonna make bank 

I don’t think many think Spider-Man movies will suddenly start bombing. Being attached to the MCU has revived the franchise’s box office past that. This news is a bummer for those who are fans of the MCU Spider-Man though. It’s the first version of Spider-Man I personally liked. What a mess. 

• Like 4

Just now, AJG said:

It was free, and Sony got also got out of paying Marvel the fees they would pay whenever they made a SpiderMan movie or spin off got made (eg Marvel still got paid from Deadpool 2, but they didn’t get paid for Venom).

Free for Sony? That’s not what I’ve heard, and if that were the case, I don’t see why Disney and Marvel would’ve ever agreed to the deal in the first place.

Wow, that is some nuclear grade fiasco. Creative issues everywhere. I’m not even going to see a FFH sequel in theaters if it isn’t in the MCU.    

If Sony doesn’t change course they’re in for a RUDE awakening.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

Hopefully that piece of shit studio crashes and burns so Marvel can buy back the rights. So sick of their stupid decisions, I can’t believe they would do this after Far From Home’s resounding success.

Yeah, can we not wish for another major studio to be bought out or shut down because of some dumb children's movies? We can make fun of this situation without wanting bad things to happen.

Edited by Eric!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have only one reaction:

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

• Haha 2
  • Not Cool 1

Posted (edited)

Wait? All I keep hearing is everybody loves Tom Holland, this version of Spider-Man, but if it him and his movie doesn't have a Marvel studios logo on it now people are going to hate the character and not want to see it? 

Interesting.  So maybe it wasn't about the character then 😛

Edited by 75Live
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

So I guess Aunt May and Happy definitely aren't dating now!

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

You cannot believe they do not want too loose half of their SpiderMan movie business ?

• Like 2

I pretty much hate this iteration of Spidey, so this is good news for me.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Wow, that is some nuclear grade fiasco. Creative issues everywhere. I’m not even going to see a FFH sequel in theaters if it isn’t in the MCU.    

So you’ll see it on video?  😎

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

I don’t think many think Spider-Man movies will suddenly start bombing. Being attached to the MCU has revived the franchise’s box office past that. This news is a bummer for those who are fans of the MCU Spider-Man though. It’s the first version of Spider-Man I personally liked. What a mess. 

Yeah I mean movie ended in a set up to mcu

spiderman probably was gonna be pillar in next avengers type movie 

but spider verse showed sony can still make a good Spider-Man movie  

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

I'm curious how this affects the success of the FFH sequel. Holland's Spider-Man has already been established as part of the MCU, so it's difficult to separate the two. Even without any other MCU characters appearing in the next film, I would imagine his character is popular enough to carry the franchise forward. The only concern is that the quality of the film may take a hit without the involvement of Feige. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eric! said:

Yeah, can we not wish for another major studio to be bought out or shut down because of some dumb children's movies? We can make fun of this situation without wanting bad things to happen.

Sony has shown time and again that they are inept and can’t make a string of good decisions to save their life. Spider-Man was going down the toilet before the MCU because they are so incapable. They can’t even compromise when they have the deal of a lifetime with the biggest movie franchise ever, which just delivered them their biggest movie ever. Nice job trying to take the moral high ground by calling them “dumb children’s movies.”

• Like 4
  • Not Cool 1

22 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

See the Spidey sequels will still take place in the MCU but the rest of the MCU will now ignore the Spidey. 

What @Water Bottle means is that the Spidey sequels will for the MCU in the future what Agents of SHIELD is for the MCU right now.

6 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I’m not even going to see a FFH sequel in theaters if it isn’t in the MCU.    

Batman OW > Spider-Man 3 OW confirmed?

• Astonished 1

tumblr_pd6cl8M6Lx1sof983_540.png

I just knew something like this was gonna happen soon or later... well at least all the fanboy drama will be entertaining

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, AJG said:

It was free, and Sony got also got out of paying Marvel the fees they would pay whenever they made a SpiderMan movie or spin off got made (eg Marvel still got paid from Deadpool 2, but they didn’t get paid for Venom).

Another little tidbit

“Marvel had helped promote The Amazing Spider-Man 2, as was its responsibility and in its interest, if the company wanted to sell more toys. Perlmutter, in fact, had been laying off Sony for years, since a deal in 2011, by which Sony gave up its participations in Spider-Man merchandise and Marvel, in return, gave up its 5 percent share of the movie revenue. It also paid cash-strapped Sony $175 million, plus $35 million for each future film released.”

Excerpt From
The Big Picture
Ben Fritz

“Marvel and Sony agreed they would each fully finance and keep the profits from their respective releases. Marvel, however, would pay less than the standard $35 million to Sony for Homecoming if the movie grossed more than $750 million.”

Excerpt From
The Big Picture
Ben Fritz

Marvel were paying Sony upfront to merchandise these movies.

Also buy this book. It’s fantastic, a lot of stuff about Sony before the hack.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

yoooo my dude @Thanos Legion

seems like Feige's job as a hired contractor has come to an end

can we call FFH not a half Disney movie now? :stirthepot: