CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

You cannot believe they do not want too loose half of their SpiderMan movie business ?

I can understand it, Disney was aiming high at negotiations. 50% may be too much, but the fact that they can’t compromise somewhat for this deal shows they are going back to the dumb Sony we all know and hate. This is going to be catastrophic for the brand.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I pretty much hate this iteration of Spidey, so this is good news for me.

It can still be the same Spidey, Tom Holland - just no longer part of the MCU.

That's what the Deadline article implies. Holland is employed by Sony, not Disney.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Wait? All I keep hearing is everybody loves Tom Holland, this version of Spider-Man, but if it him and his movie doesn't have a Marvel studios logo on it now people are going to hate the character not want to see it? 

Interesting.  So maybe it wasn't about the character then 😛

If he's not in the MCU, it's not the same character. It's a different character with the same actor. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

Does this make 

the rise of skywalker vs jumaji even more juicy 

straight up clash Sony vs Disney 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

tumblr_inline_prlfn3BlGz1tyqfvl_1280.gif

MY GOD IT IS PERFECT

• Like 1

Wonderful news (I know a lot of MCU fans are pissed off, but I don't care), finally they'll make another Spider-Man and not Son of Tony/MCU 2 hour ad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Not Cool 8

8 minutes ago, Eric! said:

Yeah, can we not wish for another major studio to be bought out or shut down because of some dumb children's movies? We can make fun of this situation without wanting bad things to happen.

Yep.

source.gif

Sony saying f**k you to Disney is such a mood. Well done! Maybe now Tom Holland's Spider-man can actually be Spider-man.

• Like 2
  • Not Cool 1

Just now, Doctor Stark said:

They can’t even compromise when they have the deal of a lifetime with the biggest movie franchise ever, which just delivered them their biggest movie ever.

Spider Man 3 made 1.12 billion in revenue, in 2007-2008 dollars, Spider Man 2 made 1088 millions in revenues for Sony in 2004-2005 dollars (about 1477 in 2019 dollars), not sure FFH was bigger than those for them.

And yes they can compromise (by giving gross point or a 25% stake, 50% is asking for a lot)

• Like 1

Just now, Firepower said:

Wonderful news (I know a lot of MCU fans are pissed off, but I don't care), finally they'll make another Spider-Man and not Son of Tony/MCU 2 hour ad.

Peter was already becoming independent, Spider-Man 3 was surely going to explore a Spider-Man who has finally come into his own without the shadow of Iron Man. But keep spreading that same lame circle jerk that he is just Iron Man Jr.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, DAR said:

So you’ll see it on video?  😎

Doubt it. It’s a virtual Dark Phoenix now.

6 minutes ago, TMP said:

Batman OW > Spider-Man 3 OW confirmed?

Yep.

5 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

yoooo my dude @Thanos Legion

seems like Feige's job as a hired contractor has come to an end

can we call FFH not a half Disney movie now? :stirthepot:

FFH was still made by Disney, lol. Looks like the future Spider-man movies won’t be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Avatree said:

It can still be the same Spidey, Tom Holland - just no longer part of the MCU.

That's what the Deadline article implies. Holland is employed by Sony, not Disney.

Probably mean that SpiderMan will stop to pollute is MCU movie experience.

I thought Sony has the option of taking Spider-Man back was a known thing.

Posted (edited)

The sooner Sony pictures goes under/gets acquired the better it will be, even if Marvel didn’t get the rights back new management might realize what a stupid decision this is and reverse course.   

Edit: I don’t want to try to erase the past, so I’m leaving the initial comment up unaltered, but I do want to note that the above was an emotional knee jerk reaction and I no longer endorse it after further details have come to light.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Not Cool 5

2 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

Sony has shown time and again that they are inept and can’t make a string of good decisions to save their life. Spider-Man was going down the toilet before the MCU because they are so incapable. They can’t even compromise when they have the deal of a lifetime with the biggest movie franchise ever, which just delivered them their biggest movie ever. Nice job trying to take the moral high ground by calling them “dumb children’s movies.”

All studios have inept executives and decisions. I like to poke fun at studios from time to time, but that doesn't mean I want a studio to go away, resulting in thousands of jobs lost and less films in a year to be released, especially when Feige is the only creative who won't be in the next movie. We're still gonna get Holland and Zendaya and whatever, we're still gonna see the story continue. If just having one guy not be in charge of the next one is that much of a dealbreaker, that says a lot about you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Gamora said:

I don't like this iteration of Spidey at all, so bye.

It'll still be the same Spidey in the next movie, with Tom Holland.

All the other Spidey characters could be back too, like Michael Keaton as Vulture or Michael Mando as Scorpion, etc.

You just won't see Nick Fury or Happy Hogan show up next time.

Nor will Peter be feeling any guilt or anxiety or anything else regarding Tony Stark.

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Free for Sony? That’s not what I’ve heard, and if that were the case, I don’t see why Disney and Marvel would’ve ever agreed to the deal in the first place.

Sony paid the movie budget and did all the promo.

Disney got to sell merchandise without splitting profits with Sony (they also have to pay Sony a fee every time Marvel chooses to merchandise one of their films).

Disney lost time and resources that could be used to make movies they actually make money from, and potentially good release windows allowing SpiderMan MCU movies to make bank. 

• Like 1

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

The sooner Sony pictures goes under/gets acquired the better it will be, even if Marvel didn’t get the rights back new management might realize what a stupid decision this is and reverse course.

Not cool, bro. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Spider Man 3 made 1.12 billion in revenue, in 2007-2008 dollars, Spider Man 2 made 1088 millions in revenues for Sony in 2004-2005 dollars (about 1477 in 2019 dollars), not sure FFH was bigger than those for them.

And yes they can compromise (by giving gross point or a 25% stake, 50% is asking for a lot)

the fact is they didnt