CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

If you think the reactions here are overboard you should see Reddit. People unironically suggesting Disney schedule all their tentpoles on the same days as Sony's movies to bankrupt them. :winomg:

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 2

Just now, CJohn said:

I don't even know what I want Sony to give me first: Spider-Man vs Venom or Spider-Verse (Holland, Maguire, Garfield). Can't we just get both like... in 2021? One on the Summer and the other on Thanksgiving.

get Raimi to direct

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Menor said:

How? Are you saying the MCU didn't make up a big part of this Spider-Man's arc? Please do enlighten me on how exactly he can be the same character without being in the MCU.

because literally nothing had changed.  His arc is still there, it hasn't changed. This doesn't remove any movies beforehand or his appearances in any movie beforehand so he is literally the same exact character he was.  No story has been removed so his history is even still the same

You are apparently under some illusion that this cancels out his story somehow, which in no way it does.

So it just comes off as you like Marvel, hate Sony so are making up some reason to hate this situation.  WHICH IS FINE.  I didn't even say I like the move, or  it's good that he will no longer be with Disney, just this all of a sudden we hate the character that is the same because we overreacting to something that isn't even true.

You can say, hey Sony will ruin what they already built with some dumbass movie, Ok, I'm right there with you, but literally this character is the same as he was before this announcement.

Edited by 75Live
typo

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

Peter was already becoming independent, Spider-Man 3 was surely going to explore a Spider-Man who has finally come into his own without the shadow of Iron Man. But keep spreading that same lame circle jerk that he is just Iron Man Jr.

He's not just Iron Man Jr., both "movies" were basically 2 hour MCU ads directed by Artificial Intelligence with Stark Tower, Tony Stark, Avengers references and merchandise "in your face" every 2 minutes, even villains have Tony Stark related origin/motivation. The only reason Holland was Iron Man Jr. was business reason and not creative one for sure, to sell more tickets after TASM2 fallout. Now there's a chance they'll make a real Spider Man movie again, without tons of forced MCU references every 5 minutes and hopefully with a real director again instead of a tool like Watts. I know I'm in minority here, I don't care, I'm just happy I won't see Spidey and his characters in MCU ever again.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 2

2 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

What is up with people wanting a movie studio to fall under and wanting 1000s of people laid off because Spider-Man isn’t in mcu anymore. 

Mcu could use deadpool, x men, fantastic four 

endless possibilities. Just seem people getting entitled to hard  

I agree. It’s a rather petty and shortsighted thing to wish for. The film industry is in enough trouble as it is. The last thing it needs is for another major studio to get absorbed by Disney. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

I love all of these people who never come into these threads coming in now to act holier than thou. Yeah, we are mad. We finally get a great version of Spider-Man who can grow up in the proper Marvel universe, and Sony (as usual), has gotten arrogant and is going to screw it up like they do with most of their major franchises.

👏 Bring 👏 in 👏 Sam 👏 Raimi 👏

• Like 5
  • Astonished 2

Just now, Barnack said:

Merchandise right was already bought by Marvel in the past (for 175 millions + stopping receiving point on the box office + paying Sony to make movies), that was not gained by that deal.

It wasn’t, but having a greater hand in things like design (5 costumes in 3 years. The old movies had 1-2), and 3 crossover movies expanding the opportunities to exploit the character came from that deal.

2 minutes ago, Nerfy said:

If you think the reactions here are overboard you should see Reddit. People unironically suggesting Disney schedule all their tentpoles on the same days as Sony's movies to bankrupt them. :winomg:

Jumanji is gonna do just fine this holidays against Star Wars lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Disney really bought into this whole Mickey's Law shit, huh. Thought they could go in there and demande 50% revenue from other studios' films. Thanks @Eric! !

On the one hand, no more MCU Spider-Man sucks.

On the other hand, if Disney got greedy and Sony was being its stupid self, then let them both take the fall for it.

On the other other hand, Venom is legitimately terrible and I don't have much trust in Sony to handle Spidey on their own when it's not animated.

Posted (edited)

All of this going down on Andrew Garfield's birthday no less.

tumblr_mbs9jzmi0h1rwrendo1_250.gif

I'm pretty sure he's having a good day all around.

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Firepower said:

He's not just Iron Man Jr., both "movies" were basically 2 hour MCU ads directed by Artificial Intelligence with Stark Tower, Tony Stark, Avengers references and merchandise "in your face" every 2 minutes, even villains have Tony Stark related origin/motivation. The only reason Holland was Iron Man Jr. was business reason and not creative one for sure, to sell more tickets after TASM2 fallout. Now there's a chance they'll make a real Spider Man movie again, without tons of forced MCU references every 5 minutes and hopefully with a real director again instead of a tool like Watts.

Yeah, it’s called he’s a kid being taken under the wing of a veteran hero. Tony is his mentor and of course they will make references to the greater MCU. That is the whole point of a cinematic universe. We were on the cusp of getting a truly independent Spider-Man that is on his own while still being connected to the MCU and appearing in Avengers, but people like you need instant gratification and can’t look at the greater arc.

2 minutes ago, 75Live said:

because literally nothing had changed.  His arc is still there, it hasn't changed. This doesn't remove any movies beforehand or his appearances in any movie beforehand so he is literally the same exact character he was.  No story has been removed so his history is even still the same

You are apparently under some illusion that this cancels out his story somehow, which in no way it does.

So it just comes off as you like Marvel, hate Sony so are making up some reason to hate this situation.  WHICH IS FINE.  I didn't even say I like the move, or he it's good that he will no longer be with Disney, just this all of a sudden we hate the character that is the same because we overreacting to something that isn't even true.

You can say, hey Sony will ruin what they already built with some dumbass movie, Ok, I'm right there with you, but literally this character is the same as he was before this announcement.

But his previous movies were very connected to the MCU. They basically have to wipe a lot of that, like I don't see Tony being referenced again or Happy being there at all. Not to mention that he won't be in any more Avengers when I was hyped to see him finally be a major player in those.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Disney really bought into this whole Mickey's Law shit, huh. Thought they could go in there and demande 50% revenue from other studios' films. Thanks @Eric! !

25% I could understand.

50% is just bizzare.

• Like 1

Just now, Minnale101 said:

LOLLLLLLLL

Don't use logic against Jeremy Conrad

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

All of our complaining won't matter anyway. Once Spider-Man: Home is Where the Heart Is drops in 2021, nobody's gonna care about this "controversy", everyone's still gonna see the movie, Sony will make a killing, we'll all debate over whether it would have made more w/ Papa Feige for like a month, life moves on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am glad this happened. Not a huge fan of MCU Spidey movies. Spidey-Verse live action directed by Raimi will be HUGE.