CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

Disney really bought into this whole Mickey's Law shit, huh. Thought they could go in there and demande 50% revenue from other studios' films. Thanks @Eric! !

I didn't create Mickey's Law, I just discovered it.

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Does Sony retain the cast, namely Holland, and the director?

The article said both are signed on for 2 more movies 

Just now, Minnale101 said:

LOLLLLLLLL

Also this wouldn’t have any impact on stock at all.

Like.... none.

2 minutes ago, Eric! said:

All of our complaining won't matter anyway. Once Spider-Man: Home is Where the Heart Is drops in 2021, nobody's gonna care about this "controversy", everyone's still gonna see the movie, Sony will make a killing, we'll all debate over whether it would have made more w/ Papa Feige for like a month, life moves on.

I won't. Not in a boycott sense but I just have little interest.

• Like 1

I'll just put my tweet here, what else can I say? It's the dumbest move I've seen in this industry so far.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

LOLLLLLLLL

Not sure what either of them are getting at. The stock was nearly even at closing time and the news broke minutes before the NYSE closed. There'd be no time for any impact positive or negative.

Edited by cookie
  • Haha 1

Guys we’ll be ok

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Menor said:

But his previous movies were very connected to the MCU. They basically have to wipe a lot of that, like I don't see Tony being referenced again or Happy being there at all. Not to mention that he won't be in any more Avengers when I was hyped to see him finally be a major player in those.

nothing is being wiped out.  So he is only Spider-man if he says the name Tony or Happy now?  Yes they are a part of his history and that's still part of his history.  No one is taking that way.  

so like I said, you are worried about the future, so the character is still the exactly the same.  You  want him in Avengers movies, which I don't blame you, but that doesn't change the character one iota up to this point in time.

I get your upset but still nothing about his character has changed....yet

Edited by 75Live

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

I'll just put my tweet here, what else can I say? It's the dumbest move I've seen in this industry so far.

Oh I’m sure there’s been plenty more

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

Yeah, it’s called he’s a kid being taken under the wing of a veteran hero. Tony is his mentor and of course they will make references to the greater MCU. That is the whole point of a cinematic universe. We were on the cusp of getting a truly independent Spider-Man that is on his own while still being connected to the MCU and appearing in Avengers, but people like you need instant gratification and can’t look at the greater arc.

There’s nothing wrong with that and it’s a new route but it suffers at the same time while I think Holland is the strongest when he’s out of his solo movies as the chemistry of other characters allows for fun scenes but for me, it’s the weakest in the solo films because it feels more handholding and the growth does strike strong. As a kid growing up a lot of the allure from Spider-Man growing up was him being self sufficient and the presence of Uncle Ben where even though it defined Peter he still felt more confident on being his own person. Not to mention, personally Into The Spider Verse has done the arc stronger in one film. 

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

I foresee by next week Sony will agree to the terms. There's just too much money to lose and they should realize by now fans are not interested in another Spider-Man series of films made by them and will understandably boycott.

This is a terrible choice by Sony and doesn't even shine an underdog light on them, it's just really bad business.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 75Live said:

nothing is being wiped out.  So he is only Spider-man if he says the name Tony or Happy now?  Yes they are a part of his history but that's still part of his history.  No one is taking that way.  

so like I said, you are worried about the future, so the character is still the exactly the same.  You  want him in Avengers movies, which I don't blame you, but that doesn't change the character one iota up to this point in time.

I get your upset but still nothing about his character has changed....yet

I don't really agree but I see what you're getting that. For me, though, it just won't feel the same.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

Guys we’ll be ok

until the next movie is awful and this happens all over again :( 

1 minute ago, Menor said:

I don't really agree but I see what you're getting that. For me, though, it just won't feel the same.

yeah didn't mean to rant or argue if I did, was just trying to make you feel a bit better.

I do get what you mean about it not feeling the same and I can 100% agree with that part :) 

• Thanks 1

I don’t think a boycott will hurt as a lot of the GA will likely be fooled into thinking it’s MCU anyways as there’s doing a third film but no Marvel Studios.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

The idea for the movie Monster Trucks was conceived by a Paramount executive's 4 year old son.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, DAR said:

Oh I’m sure there’s been plenty more

Mmmh, I'm curious now ^^