CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

39 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Wait? All I keep hearing is everybody loves Tom Holland, this version of Spider-Man, but if it him and his movie doesn't have a Marvel studios logo on it now people are going to hate the character and not want to see it? 

Interesting.  So maybe it wasn't about the character then 😛

People liked that actor playing that character in that universe. Take any of those away and there’s no reason to assume interest would be retained.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Obviously this was in the works with Venom movies being made and upcoming the upcoming Black Cat movie. Spider-Man needs to be there. 

A lot of media outlets  are now changing their headlines to may instead of is. There's still no confirmation from anyone and D23 is this weekend.

Maybe they tried this headline out as an experiment to see what the reaction is, I think they'll reach a reasonable deal. 

Look on the bright side. Now Spidey can join the successful Venomverse

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

Aunt May movie is back on the table, boys!

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 2

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

There’s nothing wrong with that and it’s a new route but it suffers at the same time while I think Holland is the strongest when he’s out of his solo movies as the chemistry of other characters allows for fun scenes but for me, it’s the weakest in the solo films because it feels more handholding and the growth does strike strong. As a kid growing up a lot of the allure from Spider-Man growing up was him being self sufficient and the presence of Uncle Ben where even though it defined Peter he still felt more confident on being his own person. Not to mention, personally Into The Spider Verse has done the arc stronger in one film. 

That is fair, but I really think we were going to start to see that stuff. People would have been confused if in this huge Marvel universe somebody like Tony didn’t take Peter under his wing. They had the perfect opportunity for a unique take on Spider-Man and took it. Feige has said that Spider-Man 3 would focus on a much more independent Spidey. His greatest lesson in Far From Home was that the world does not need the next Iron Man, it needs the first Spider-Man. Sony just won’t allow us to see a complete and great arc for Peter Parker. Spider-Man 3 sucked, TASM (especially 2) were trash. Spider-Man could finally have gotten that, Sinister Six, Norman Osborn as Peter’s personal Thanosesque arch rival, progression from high school to adult life, integration into the proper Marvel universe, etc. But as usual, Sony screwed it up.

• Sad 1

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

:whosad::whosad::whosad:   

Excellent gif use though

up9bwhtm7oh31.jpg

Spoiler

hang in there :therethere:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe Disney has every right to be asking for 50%. Marvel and Kevin are spending precious time making these highly profitable movies for Sony, that time could be used making 100% owned Marvel movies.

Looking at phase 4.....they don't need Spidey anymore. We'll see if Spidey needs Marvel in the future.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eric! said:

The idea for the movie Monster Trucks was conceived by a Paramount executive's 4 year old son.

8 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Mmmh, I'm curious now ^^

What Eric said

16 minutes ago, AJG said:

Also this wouldn’t have any impact on stock at all.

Like.... none.

The entire market was down today lol.

Posted (edited)

Holland was great but the movies weren't anything special. Not too bothered by the news. The meltdowns are hilarious though.

Edited by EarlyDeadlinePredictions
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Eric! said:

All studios have inept executives and decisions. I like to poke fun at studios from time to time, but that doesn't mean I want a studio to go away, resulting in thousands of jobs lost and less films in a year to be released, especially when Feige is the only creative who won't be in the next movie. We're still gonna get Holland and Zendaya and whatever, we're still gonna see the story continue. If just having one guy not be in charge of the next one is that much of a dealbreaker, that says a lot about you.

It’s literally not in the same universe anymore. That’s a bigger change than recasting Tom.

20 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Reveal hidden contents

Pink right now:

HarmoniousUnknownFly-size_restricted.gifblockquote widget

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, AJG said:

It wasn’t, but having a greater hand in things like design (5 costumes in 3 years. The old movies had 1-2), and 3 crossover movies expanding the opportunities to exploit the character came from that deal.

And the movie being more popular also grew it.