CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

If Disney cared about the MCU enough they wouldn't have made that ridiculous offer to Sony. I'm not too surprised this happened. 

But Disney throwing this to the press suggests to me they want to mark Sony as the bad guy. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

Lol. Disney was asking for way too much. Good on Sony to balk.

Good on Sony in principal maybe, but they're going to go right back to falling flat on their faces doing Spider-Man alone. Good job. Nobody is going to see your movies.

Fuck this.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

If Disney cared about the MCU enough they wouldn't have made that ridiculous offer to Sony. I'm not too surprised this happened. 

But Disney throwing this to the press suggests to me they want to mark Sony as the bad guy. 

*Billie Eilish intensifies* 

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Lot of drama queens 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Good on Sony in principal maybe, but they're going to go right back to falling flat on their faces doing Spider-Man alone. Good job. Nobody is going to see your movies.

Fuck this.

Thing is Sony wanted to continue the original deal while Disney was asking for more, all while Sony was already paying for the movie and Disney profiting off merch and Spiderman being in their MCU movies for more attention. I can't say I blame Sony too much here. 

Just now, BoxOfficeZ said:

Thing is Sony wanted to continue the original deal while Disney was asking for more, all while Sony was already paying for the movie and Disney profiting off merch and Spiderman being in their MCU movies for more attention. I can't say I blame Sony too much here. 

the office thank you GIF

28 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

fuck sony. not watching any sony movie legally or buying any sony product ever 

I know, Sony should just bend over and take it like Disney wants, huh. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

Will say though I'm gonna laugh if the somewhat cliffhanger ending of this movie is how this version of Spidey ends. And unlike things like The Golden Compass or Divergent, this was actually a monster hit too!

15 minutes ago, DAR said:

Isn’t Sony’s, not the MCU, most recent treatment of the character Into the Spiderverse?

Sure but that doesn't wipe away the years where they botched live action Peter Parker and that is what most people remember. 

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Now wondering if it was coincidence that Far From Home contains such big loopholes or "outs" in terms of who exactly it features from the MCU...and how.  (Can't get into spoilers yet, I assume?)

The next movie can flippantly dismiss everything MCU-related from the past two in creative ways, if they want. 

Bingo...

And I see everyone saying that Sony is the loser here...but I'm not so sure...

Coming out of Endgame, Spidey was one of the flagship characters left for the Avengers - he was the new blood...Disney could be in for a few down years if they don't have Spidey...Spidey and Black Panther are the 2 most popular characters going for the current MCU worldwide (and Captain Marvel would complete the trio).  Losing the youth, innocence, and lightness is gonna really harm the next team up down the road.  They now have to come up with some alternate character in that "slot" role...and they don't have one...yet...

And you have put fans in the role of saying...well, all the characters I liked in the MCU are gone...what's DC doing nowadays?  Maybe I should check in and see if they ever got their act together...

4 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

LOL

CVfMdqq.gif

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Bingo...

And I see everyone saying that Sony is the loser here...but I'm not so sure...

Coming out of Endgame, Spidey was one of the flagship characters left for the Avengers - he was the new blood...Disney could be in for a few down years if they don't have Spidey...Spidey and Black Panther are the 2 most popular characters going for the current MCU worldwide (and Captain Marvel would complete the trio).  Losing the youth, innocence, and lightness is gonna really harm the next team up down the road.  They now have to come up with some alternate character in that "slot" role...and they don't have one...yet...

And you have put fans in the role of saying...well, all the characters I liked in the MCU are gone...what's DC doing nowadays?  Maybe I should check in and see if they ever got their act together...

Both are losers if he actually does leave. Sony's Spidey would be far less successful than he otherwise would've been. I mean it would have toxic buzz from the get go.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Fair enough. I mean, I'm not taking a side here. I'm just stating how I think this will play out and my feelings as a fan of the MCU. It's not my job to look out for Sony's wellbeing on the business end of it. That's their problem. All I know is Sony is not going to win the battle for the fans, even if Disney/Marvel Studios are the ones being the dicks here. The fans will, for the most part, spend their precious dollars on what they know and trust: the MCU, including me.

That being said, if Sony is legitimately happy to continue the partnership with Marvel Studios if they can continue with the original arrangement then there should be some pressure from the fans on Disney/Marvel. Fuck them if they're going to tarnish what they've built somewhat by being greedy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrPink said:

CVfMdqq.gif

I was at a restaurant with a friend the other day and on the TV next to us there was a Jeep commercial featuring Jeremy Renner singing. He asked me why he's a singer now and all I could say was I have no damn idea.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MrPink said:

CVfMdqq.gif

Hawkguy taking Spidey's spot in the MCU.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

LMAO Jeremy Renner is awesome. As the ultimate thank you gift to Kevin Feige, can Disney please just go to Sony with like $7 billion and just buy back Spider-Man? I know they just bought Fox and that is a crap ton for just one property, but it would save us a lot of trouble....