CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

1 minute ago, Knights of Ren said:

The Raimi trilogy blows MCU Spider-Man out of the water.  

3rd one is a festering turd piece of crap. ASM2 is barely better than Justice League. 

• Like 1
  • Not Cool 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

That’s your opinion. Both MCU Spider-Man films are very well received critically and financially. But all of your comments in here are just hater comments. I don’t know why you people show up and stick around just to circle jerk negativity.

Edited by Doctor Stark
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Hope Sony stands their ground and won’t get bullied into giving in by Disney and social media 

See you have not bothered to read the last few pages here which shoe how complex the situation is, and are going straight to the "Disney Sucks" card.

4 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Just as good of a chance it does 650m. Chinese miracle again is unlikely. Hopefully they put a lot more effort into that film. It was a 450m type film that did 800+

And I doubt the other Spideyverse spinoffs are questionable at best. Venom has a huge following and had sort of evolved from a villain into a sort of anti hero;can't say the same about Mobius and company.

But SONY always has the dynamite Young Aunt May film......

2 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

I don't think Sony would've dumped Spider-Man 4 like a hot potato if they were really happy with how that all went down. Spider-Man 3 while a turd still made money but they read the cards and knew that a follow up would suffer. 

You only have to look at Dark Phoenix to see what happens when you play fast and loose one too many times with a beloved franchise. 

Just now, Doctor Stark said:

That’s your opinion. Both MCU Spider-Man films are very well received critically and financially. But all of your comments in here are just hater comments, I don’t know why you people show up and stick around just to circle jerk negativity.

Knight of Ren is pretty much the same as the embittered X Men Fanboys who can't do anything but scream "The Marvel Universe SUcks".

I loved the first two Raimi films, thought the third one was weak because of Venom being shoehorned into the film against Raimi's wishes.

Venom is a good character, but should not have been forced down Raimi's throat.

4 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I don't think Sony would've dumped Spider-Man 4 like a hot potato if they were really happy with how that all went down. Spider-Man 3 while a turd still made money but they read the cards and knew that a follow up would suffer. 

You only have to look at Dark Phoenix to see what happens when you play fast and loose one too many times with a beloved franchise. 

If I remember, Raimi pretty much opted out of Spidey 4 because of the way SONY treated him on 3.

If Venom 2 is a good movie, it will do 450-500m WW tops.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Knight of Ren is pretty much the same as the embittered X Men Fanboys who can't do anything but scream "The Marvel Universe SUcks".

I loved the first two Raimi films, thought the third one was weak because of Venom being shoehorned into the film against Raimi's wishes.

Venom is a good character, but should not have been forced down Raimi's throat.

I have no problems with Marvel.  I enjoy the MCU quiet a bit.  I have a problem with their choices with the Spider-Man character.  I would rather Sony get him back than he continue to be diminished in the MCU. 

People do realize that the next live action Spider-Man film will still probably have Tom Holland right? So not sure why people who are celebrating the collapse of the deal are happy when they're literally still gonna make a sequel to FFH. Unless you're clamoring for yet another reboot which again would be another TASM situation. 

Just now, Knights of Ren said:

I have no problems with Marvel.  I enjoy the MCU quiet a bit.  I have a problem with their choices with the Spider-Man character.  I would rather Sony get him back than he continue to be diminished in the MCU. 

ANd I love the MCU Spidey because he is the closest we have had to the original Lee/Ditko run on Spiderman .

And clear that for at least one more film SONY is going just clone the MCU Spidey.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Sony got a sweetheart deal that rejuvenated their biggest franchise and made them hundreds of millions while they paid the biggest producer in the world ZERO $s and then  asked him to also work in another of their properties into the MCU .  I can understand why Sony wanted to keep the status quo - they were making out like bandits.  But it's a bad bad deal for Feige and Disney - especially going on.

Feige can easily produce another film in it's place - get a producing fee ($10s of millions) and make Disney hundreds of millions instead. 

Sony's problem is they only have Holland for one more movie and Watts contract was up with FFH.  So while Sony says they'll be fine without Feige b/c they have that winning template he leaves behind - that's not quite true.  Besides they managed to screw up the Raimi template and he was still directing.

For some Disney is evil incarnate and they can do no right but if this fee thing is true then Sony made out crazy with this deal. Disney has the right to ask for better deal for Feige and themselves.

It's stunning Feige worked without the producer fee essentially working for free.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 3

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

People do realize that the next live action Spider-Man film will still probably have Tom Holland right? So not sure why people who are celebrating the collapse of the deal are happy when they're literally still gonna make a sequel to FFH. Unless you're clamoring for yet another reboot which again would be another TASM situation. 

And which might well happen after the third film anyway.

And I think that Feige's touch will be sorely missed on the third Holland Spidey film. 

I just have little faith in SONY ablity to do a good live action Spidey movie on their own.

Posted (edited)

Tom Holland leaving Sony and Disney hiring him as young Iron Man for 2Om would be oh so beautiful to see.

While making perfect sense naratively for the MCU.

DO it Kevin.

Edited by The Futurist

Just now, druv10 said:

For some Disney is evil incarnate and they can do no right but if this fee thing is true then Sony made out crazy with this deal. Disney has the right to ask for better deal for Feige and themselves.

It's stunning Feige without the producer fee essentially working for free.

That shocked me also. I guess Feige despertly wanted Spidey in the MCU.

You have to wonder if Marvel Studios would have made that deal if they could see in the future and knew that the Fox Deal would happen....."We got the X Men...we don't need Spidey bad enough to accept a lousy deal for him".

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And which might well happen after the third film anyway.

And I think that Feige's touch will be sorely missed on the third Holland Spidey film. 

I just have little faith in SONY ablity to do a good live action Spidey movie on their own.

Exactly with the way the MCU helps sequels continue to increase we may have had many more Spidey films but good luck to Sony after the third one to either get the creative team back or to sustain the franchise without declining returns.

His entire character is wrapped up in MCU. basically the 3rd movie would make no sense and suck.

Like Spiderman 3 and ASM2. Must be destiny

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Exactly with the way the MCU helps sequels continue to increase we may have had many more Spidey films but good luck to Sony after the third one to either get the creative team back or to sustain the franchise without declining returns.

And just read the Jon Watts, the director of Homecoming and Far From Home, is not under contract for the third. If Sony wants him to direct the third, they will pay have to pay  him some major bucks.After how well Far From Home did, Watts will have plenty of offers from other studios.

Edited by dudalb

19 minutes ago, dudalb said:

ANd I love the MCU Spidey because he is the closest we have had to the original Lee/Ditko run on Spiderman .

And clear that for at least one more film SONY is going just clone the MCU Spidey.

Total BS...Stan Lee did not create the character to be a sidekick..to Iron Man or anyone..Sexy Aunt May ...Ignoring Uncle Ben and so on...Yeah, so I call BS

What’s with all the chatter about Feige doing it for “Free”. It was in Disney interest to get Spidey in MCU. I don’t think Sony gets paid for having Spidey in Avengers movies. Deal was Spidey in MCU movies and in exchange MCU actors in Spidey movies. Feige obviously wanted full creative control and it was mutually beneficial.

Post far from home, disney obviously wants more than usual share Marvel studios gets from Spider-man movies but Sony showed them the middle finger. This nonsense will tide over for sure.

Question is with Feige not being in the 3rd movie of this iteration, is it still set in MCU. Sony should rather do a Multi-verse movie with different Spideys rather than directly make the 3rd movie.

Another question is would Holland still act in further avenger movies(not that Disney has even announced any for next few years).

I doubt disney would purchase Sony for Spider-man. They did not purchase Fox for XMen or other Marvel characters. It was mainly the investment in Hulu, Sky and Star and other TV networks to build IPs for streaming. Big consistent money is in streaming and Disney now owns Hulu and ESPN and now starting their own streaming as well.

Long term Disney should not care much about Spider-man as they have other characters and still have not shared plans to add Fox’s Marvel characters yet.  And How do you plan for a Avengers movie without Iron Man and Captain America as well.