CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

Just now, expensiveho said:

If Sony is putting 25% out and Disney is putting 30% out, this just means they're publicly negotiating and it will surely get resolved. 

If Sony numbers doesn't include a raise for Feige and Disney does, then it might be a little harder.

That is if the 5% difference is the only difference - which would be hard to believe it got to this point publicly.  Then again the Variety report says the contract was up for renegotiation 6 months ago and according to another insider -  Sony didn't move to act on a new pact  and another  saying Disney made it clear it was no longer interested in partnering. The finger-pointing has been dizzying.

Reading Deadline, THR and Variety they all have different price points of the current and proposed deals and then there are the differing quotes and insider rumors about Feige  from Sony  saying they now have the Feige template so they're good to he's busy now to Disney not wanting to want to waste their biggest asset on a property they don't 100% own, to issues about X-Men , Venom etc. 

Interestingly right now as Phase 4 was presented by Disney I don't see where the MCU would even use Spidey over the next 2-3 years unless he popped up in a Strange cameo.   So the timeliness of the current deal mostly affects Sony SM and Spinoff films.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Can you imagine the meltdown if this isn’t about what everyone will assume it’s about :hahaha:

• Haha 3

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

Can you imagine the meltdown if this isn’t about what everyone will assume it’s about :hahaha:

He's obviously talking about how Endgame beat Avatar. Duh

• Haha 1

Just now, infamous5445 said:

He's obviously talking about how Endgame beat Avatar. Duh

He’s talking about the Chaos Walking reshoots, couldn’t be more clear ;) 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

He’s talking about the Chaos Walking reshoots, couldn’t be more clear ;) 

Naaah, it's about how they finally made a non-shitty Dolittle movie.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

Posted (edited)

RDJ probably just invited him over tonight:

"Come over, kid. We'll take some selfies and show the world how awesome we are together." 

Even if it's a celebration of a 'Goodbye,' it's great. 

Hilarious. 

Edited by Macleod

48 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

RDJ bought Sony?

• Haha 7
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

official announcement that the deal is back on on D23?

They played us like a fiddle, this was just free publicity for the Labor Day extended cut all along :ohmyzod:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

The sad thing is, there always will be readers who take that seriously

People can't wait anymore it seems. Now I feel old (not). 😉

• Haha 1

Wow, they worked it out in the end. Blow me down with a feather.

51 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Wow, they worked it out in the end. Blow me down with a feather.

Is this official?

4 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

They played us like a fiddle, this was just free publicity for the Labor Day extended cut all along :ohmyzod:

django-unchained-movie-quotes-12.giftenor.gif?itemid=3294240

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Geo1500 said:

Is this official?

No

The last article by an ~ official media outlet (excluding fan-sites, or the usual repeat the real media outlets websites,...) is 9 hours old, it's by Variety and that too does not mention anything looking like they will come to a solution beside a little detail see at the bottom of this post

That is the same article that got quoted here at BOT already (spread out about this thread and the D23 thread and ...=

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/spider-man-sony-marvel-divorce-1203311351/

Scimming through the text, I do not see edits in the article, at least all the main points are still there

That part I quoted already, still not a proof of my theory it got started on the Sony side (better said Rothman side, he is the sole new one for the negotiations, never saw something like that in connection with the other participants of the negations), but not a 'no' to Rothman as the one starting it neither

Rothman is known as a hard-driving negotiator, and some individuals who have worked with him in the past privately suggested the public breakup may be a tactic to try to get Disney to make concessions.

Bte, that's also the only ~ indirect hint I've seen that there are even still discussing it in a way, as said, in my understanding of them, the other media outlets based articles do not imply that (the main reason I repost this quote)

Edited by terrestrial