CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

Grace Randolph once complained that Disney was caving into SJWs for race-bending the role of Lady in Lady in the Tramp by casting Tessa Thompson as her voice. 

She also once made up a rumor about Kathleen Kennedy getting fired, but then being un-fired because nobody in Hollywood wanted to take her job, so they had to let her keep doing it. She later explained the rumor by describing a closed-door meeting where Bob Iger was ranting to people at Pixar and Marvel about how bad Kathleen Kennedy was... I guess her "source" was listening with a cup at the door... 

You should stop following her on YouTube immediately. She's a terrible personality, she has horrible analysis, and there is nothing you can get from her that you can't get anywhere else, better.... 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Titan Man said:

Apart from the whole "BvS was good, critics were bought by Disney" fiasco, what else has she done to receive such hatred over here? 😂

I follow her on YouTube and although she sometimes has huge brain farts and an abysmal taste in movie, she seems fine most of the time, not much different compared to the guys from SJU. 

She doesn’t know a shit about box office 

Yep, her Movie Math sucks balls, I randomly check weekend threads here if there is a huge release, and even I know better than that... 😂

I usually read through her bollocks, lol, but I guess she is a guilty pleasure of mine, I like watching her videos even when I know what she's saying is bullshit. :Gaga:

On those talks that Deadline revealed Tuesday: I continue to hear from reliable sources that the notion Feige was too busy to do more Spider-Man films just doesn’t hold water; he loves the character and the way those movies served the fans and the Marvel Universe. I continue to hear that Disney asked for a 25% stake where it would finance that much of the movie and receive that much of the equity upside. This arrangement would only have been for any pictures that involved Marvel & Feige. It wasn’t a forever deal, like the time one Sony made years ago to continue as distributor of James Bond. Back then, Sony cut MGM into a co-financing relationship on the pictures The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and 21 Jump Street, that gave MGM rights to co-finance future installments. The Spider-Man deal was only for pictures where Marvel lent Feige and the weight of its brand and cross pollination in Marvel movies. Still, it was a big ask of Sony, which had been getting a relative bargain at 5% of first dollar gross. That 25% offer sat for months, and finally Disney raised the ask to the 50% co-fi stake, likely knowing a divorce was coming.

lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

lol

Sony willing to do 25%, now Disney willing to do 25%. Who knows what to believe anymore

• Like 1

Next thing you know they’ll have walked because Sony insisted on 50 and Disney didn’t want more than 10 :hahaha:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Menor said:

Sony willing to do 25%, now Disney willing to do 25%. Who knows what to believe anymore

Apparently Disney was willing to do 25%, but raised it to 50% when Sony didn’t agree. Now Sony is making claims that they offered 25% but Disney wanted more. It’s really a confusing mess. So Disney didn’t start with 50%? Does that still mean it’s their fault and they're the unreasonable party as people on this thread have been saying? Seems Sony didn’t think Disney would actually walk away from keeping Spider-Man in the MCU and released the 50% detail to make it Disney’s fault. The recent articles don’t indicate the public release was from Disney’s side at all like everyone’s been saying before. 

12 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Apparently Disney was willing to do 25%, but raised it to 50% when Sony didn’t agree. Now Sony is making claims that they offered 25% but Disney wanted more. It’s really a confusing mess. So Disney didn’t start with 50%? Does that still mean it’s their fault and they're the unreasonable party as people on this thread have been saying? Seems Sony didn’t think Disney would actually walk away from keeping Spider-Man in the MCU and released the 50% detail to make it Disney’s fault. The recent articles don’t indicate the public release was from Disney’s side at all like everyone’s been saying before. 

Disney gave Sony 6 months to think about it the 25% offer and sounded like Sony didn’t care to respond back.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Menor said:

If you connect both this new Deadline story with the Variety story, it sounds like Sony is regretting not taking that original 25% deal from Disney, and they at least want that deal back on the table.

• Like 2

So to piece together this mess... it sounds like Disney offered 25% a while ago, Sony left then on 'read', Disney got fed up and threw a wild number (50%) to get their attention again and now they're renegotiating via the trades lol. 

20 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

So to piece together this mess... it sounds like Disney offered 25% a while ago, Sony left then on 'read', Disney got fed up and threw a wild number (50%) to get their attention again and now they're renegotiating via the trades lol. 

If that’s what’s going on, then I guess we’ll definitely see more of Spider-Man in the MCU. 

I can see why Disney wants 30% but if they really get 25% they need to suck it up. Lose lose for both is a win for the fans.

I'm all about compromises where everyone is unhappy. That's the sign of a great deal.

Tax cuts for middle class with a positive net tax rate but below the top 10%. Wouldn't do shit for me, wouldn't help the rich nor the poor but it be effective as hell.

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

I can see why Disney wants 30% but if they really get 25% they need to suck it up. Lose lose for both is a win for the fans.

I'm all about compromises where everyone is unhappy. That's the sign of a great deal.

Tax cuts for middle class with a positive net tax rate but below the top 10%. Wouldn't do shit for me, wouldn't help the rich nor the poor but it be effective as hell.

Except according to the latest report, it was in fact Disney who said 25%. Yeah could be negotiation through the press but who the fuck knows what's going on at this point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

Except according to the latest report, it was in fact Disney who said 25%. Yeah could be negotiation through the press but who the fuck knows what's going on at this point. 

Oh no doubt. I trust none of it. So much news is slanted. I never watch CNN or Fox News. OANN is literally like state media from China. 

6 hours ago, terrestrial said:

edit: just realised the not cool, not sure why that is so

beside, even a opinion in an outlet like that should give a complete picture an an intro

Ignore the not cool. He does it to me too. Most times when someone dosagrees with him, he gives them a not cool. It’s childish, but I imagine he is quite young. Don’t let it bother you.

I happen to agree with everything you said. The article was written by someone who doesn’t get it. The autbor presupposes that if you make a bad deal or one you dislike, you must renew that deal forever or you’re the bad guy. And fans are wrong for expressing their opinion. It’s ridiculous because no one can force you to pay to see a movie or stop you from loudly saying beforehand that you wont pay to see a movie because of *insert your reason*. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

So from connecting all the dots from these various trades:

- Disney originally offered 25% (Deadline)

- Sony sat on that offer for 6 months (Deadline)

- Injecting speculation but during those 6 months, Endgame comes out and does $2.8 billion. Then FFH comes out and does $1.1 billion. Disney, who still hadn’t heard back from Sony, upped their offer to 50% (Deadline) to wake Sony up and get them on the negotiating table

- While negotiating, Disney made a final offer of 30% (THR) which is slightly higher than their original offer 6 months ago, but Sony seems to want that original 25% offer back on the table (Variety)

The End...?

• Like 1