CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

1 minute ago, HeadShot said:

eh. Idk. I didn't bother digging that much. But if you say they can't be trusted I'll take your word for it.

I’m mostly just familiar with all those clickbaity articles they write regarding DC movies. Besides, if this $10 billion thing is accurate, I’m pretty sure it’d be reported by publications like Deadline and THR. I guess there’s always the chance they could be right, but this sounds like the kind of thing that even Tom Rothman wouldn’t be deluded enough to ask for. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, HeadShot said:

ROTman is disgusting. Can that old turd retire already. 

As new reports of this whole deal keeps coming in, it’s becoming more and more apparent that Sony or more specifically Tom Rothman who dropped the ball.

Variety’s latest article basically all but spelled out that these leaks are tactics by Tom Rothman as “master negotiator” to negotiate in public.

Sony was first to leak to Deadline that negotiations for Spider-man fell apart because “Disney wanted a 50% split”. But when that tactic didn’t work (#BoycottSony was trending worldwide within 4 hours), a Sony insider told io9 that negotiations were still ongoing and this was all “just a producer’s credit” issue with Kevin Feige.

When that still didn’t work, Sony Pictures release a statement on their Twitter account blaming Disney for not wanting Feige to work on Sony projects because he would be “too busy with their new Marvel IPs”. Then they come out saying that “Sony Pictures chief Tom Rothman (himself) was willing to give up 25%”.

It wasn’t until Deadline, the original source of the whole story to begin with, started looking into the story more and more and revealed it was actually Disney all along who offered Sony the 25% deal while Sony just sat on it for half a year, a deal Sony now wants back on the table.

Rothman seems to be doing to Sony what he did before being fired at Fox.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

So, Disney apparently has three Marvel movies scheduled in 2022. That seems like it might potentially be confirmation that Kevin Feige will be too busy to work on another Spider-Man film, unless we end up getting four MCU films in a single year, which seems a bit excessive. 

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

So, Disney apparently has three Marvel movies scheduled in 2022. That seems like it might potentially be confirmation that Kevin Feige will be too busy to work on another Spider-Man film, unless we end up getting four MCU films in a single year, which seems a bit excessive. 

Feige was always too busy...and he'll be busier, still, with Marvel Studios' Disney+ content...but I'm sure he's willing to take on Spider-Man whenever it's available...for a price, now.  He consulted for little/nothing for years, now Disney is demanding some kind of significant compensation for his time and efforts.  It's completely understandable. 

The terms of the deal itself, well...that's for the lawyers to work out.  I think eventually you'll see Spidey back with the MCU, even if for another limited time frame (the money for both sides is too great to ignore), but Marvel appear to have neatly organized their schedule so that they don't need him on the big screen anytime soon...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Those 3 dates for 2022 are listed since a long time. They had 3 per year since some years filled in, but shuffled later some, shortened at least twice for the 2 SM movies to 2.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

https://ew.com/movies/2019/08/24/tom-holland-spider-man-future-disney-sony/?utm_term=8822BEF8-C6AF-11E9-A6F3-8D964744363C&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_ew&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_content=link

“Basically, we’ve made five great movies,” Holland told EW. “It’s been five amazing years. I’ve had the time of my life. Who knows what the future holds? But all I know is that I’m going to continue playing Spider-Man and having the time of my life. It’s going to be so fun, however we choose to do it. The future for Spider-Man will be different, but it will be equally as awesome and amazing, and we’ll find new ways to make it even cooler.”

So essentially nothing solid yet.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 4

He is so full of shit! 

If this was true why the hell did you set him up as such a pivotal player and the next Tony. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yeah "we told the story we wanted to tell", there is no way Far From Home could serve as a conclusion to the story or the final one before you go "aaaah, we've told the story now".

• Like 2

Tom Holland was Tom Hardy's son in Locke. Just pull that shit here. Say Eddie Brock had a kid when he was young that was adopted by Marisa Tomei or whatever.

Just now, TMP said:

Tom Holland was Tom Hardy's son in Locke. Just pull that shit here. Say Eddie Brock had a kid when he was young that was adopted by Marisa Tomei or whatever.

Venom and Spidey being a father/son duo does sound intriguing.

• Like 1

we never saw how tom holland got his powers so let's say he was bitten by tom hardy.

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

we never saw how tom holland got his powers so let's say he was bitten by tom hardy.

I guess Tom Hardy wasn't his father, but he was his daddy

• Like 1

“I’m feeling about Spider-Man gratitude and joy,” Feige told EW. “We got to make five films within the MCU with Spider-Man: two standalone films and three with the Avengers. It was a dream that I never thought would happen. It was never meant to last forever. We knew there was a finite amount of time that we’d be able to do this, and we told the story we wanted to tell, and I’ll always be thankful for that.”

the end black and white gif GIF

3 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

This is basically Disney doing damage control while they try to work out a deal. 

can i ask what do you mean by damage control ?

What did people expect them to say, "Fuck Sony, we gonna get our boi back"? This is standard PR stuff. 

• Like 9

Just now, john2000 said:

can i ask what do you mean by damage control ?

What Feigee said despite how stupid it makes him sound is damage control and PR. This is all here while Disney works on the deal.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Menor said:

What did people expect them to say, "Fuck Sony, we gonna get our boi back"? This is standard PR stuff. 

Wouldn't they are the very least imply a deal is still going on? Feige's comment does not suggest any of that.

3 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

What Feigee said despite how stupid it makes him sound is damage control and PR. This is all here while Disney works on the deal.

no i meant what you mean by damage control 

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Wouldn't they are the very least imply a deal is still going on? Feige's comment does not suggest any of that.

i cant take seriously kevin comment, we knew this wouldnt last forever yet you ended ffh like that  besides he doenst know either