CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

They were working out the deal. They couldn't do it by D23 and now have to say something. It's gonna be OK, you'll see. I'm not worried. Setting PP up as next Tony shows that they want SM badly and will have him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Wouldn't they are the very least imply a deal is still going on? Feige's comment does not suggest any of that.

If they did that, they'd get people's hopes up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Wouldn't they are the very least imply a deal is still going on? Feige's comment does not suggest any of that.

Why would he suggest the deal is still going on at all? It would be worse for him to imply a deal could be reached if that doesn’t happen. Idk why anyone would expect Feige, who is a Disney employee and doesn’t make the final decisions regarding a potential deal, to speak for Disney about it. He’s able to speak on Marvel decisions, but it’s clear this Sony/Disney tiff has gone past that and is in the hands of the higher ups. As far as he’s concerned, the deal is done. It’s up to the Disney execs to renegotiate it. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

“I’m feeling about Spider-Man gratitude and joy,” Feige told EW. “We got to make five films within the MCU with Spider-Man: two standalone films and three with the Avengers. It was a dream that I never thought would happen. It was never meant to last forever. We knew there was a finite amount of time that we’d be able to do this, and we told the story we wanted to tell, and I’ll always be thankful for that.”

the end black and white gif GIF

I have serious trouble believing that FFH was supposed to be the end of Peter Parker’s story. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

The "Death" of Spidey in IW was one of the most talked about, re-tweeted, meme-d and emotional moment of the entire MCU.

Mission Accomplished, Spidey was used beautifully with the Stark/Peter, Sensei/Apprentice, Fatther/Son relationship dynamics.

Spidey will now have the opportunity to ponder about turds with Venom.

Greatness Awaits.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

They were working out the deal. They couldn't do it by D23 and now have to say something. It's gonna be OK, you'll see. I'm not worried. Setting PP up as next Tony shows that they want SM badly and will have him.

Not according to what Tom Holland just said

• Sad 1

If it's really over then again expect Sony to green-light this film eventually.  

[​IMG]

24 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

[​IMG]

I've actually been in favor of this for awhile but I wouldn't trust Sony to produce a good movie out of it. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I have serious trouble believing that FFH was supposed to be the end of Peter Parker’s story. 

Marvel/Feige had a story they wanted to tell with Peter Parker/Spider-Man in relation to the *MCU*.  They've done that.  FFH ends in such a way (still no spoilers?) that I would have no problem seeing the next movie objectively as Peter out on his own back in NYC, trying to be his own man, developing his own suit, dealing with more "Home-y" dramas, etc.  All they need is a few choice script lines to convey it. 

1 hour ago, filmscholar said:

[�IMG]

This was always going to happen, but Venom's huge box office and now apparently what's happening with the original Sony/Marvel deal ending, and not being renewed, will only accelerate Sony's plans to pursue a movie centering on these two (Deadline and other trades have already hinted as such).  It's happening, probably directly after Venom 2 and Spider-Man 3 (if not possibly serving *as* SM3). 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Why do people write SM's story is over with an open/unfinished end after SM 2, if it is known there will be more, even of the next ones are produced by  Sony?

Not saying it will be in such a way, as a sure thing, I simply feel the 'can't be as the story is...' reactions seem not cool headed.

Jacob Batalon (Ned) tweeted about the situation, just a cpuple of overall comments:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Marvel/Feige had a story they wanted to tell with Peter Parker/Spider-Man in relation to the *MCU*.  They've done that.  FFH ends in such a way (still no spoilers?) that I would have no problem seeing the next movie objectively as Peter out on his own back in NYC, trying to be his own man, developing his own suit, dealing with more "Home-y" dramas, etc.  All they need is a few choice script lines to convey it. 

The problem is that the previous Spider-Man films were heavily tied in with the rest of the MCU. If the next one won’t be produced by Marvel Studios, then exactly how much of the previous films will they be allowed to acknowledge?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

So the Stark/Avengers Tower will magically disapear from the NYC skyline.

Poof !

Thank You Steven Strange.

Or was it Wanda ?

Edited by The Futurist

Whether you think a deal will or won't happen, I don't think Feige/Holland comments should be taken as evidence of anything. It's just standard stuff.

• Like 2

We knew we had a 'finite' amount of time and this wasn't going to last forever, but we still used that time to setup Spider-Man as an integral part of the MCU and potray him to take the mantle from Iron Man!

Cmon Kevin, I like you but even I don't buy your bullshit. This screams to me of this:

dTcAHZc.jpg

2 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I've actually been in favor of this for awhile but I wouldn't trust Sony to produce a good movie out of it. 

Yeah, if Venom had been a good movie, I would probably be really excited about this. But yeah..... lol. Also please for the love of god, do not let Jared Leto send Tom Holland a box of dead spiders or something. 

As for Spidey in the MCU, the truth is there is no Avengers movie upcoming and I don't think he'd show up in any of these currently announced movies or shows. He was really only integral to Tony Stark's story and that's concluded, and tbh including him in the MCU for Civil War -> Endgame arc was hugely beneficial. He was really part of the most iconic moments of each of those films. The post-FFH Spidey will be more out on his own anyways but the only issue is the films won't be able to directly reference what's happened before and that might be awkward. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

The problem is that the previous Spider-Man films were heavily tied in with the rest of the MCU. If the next one won’t be produced by Marvel Studios, then exactly how much of the previous films will they be allowed to acknowledge?

The question should be: How do you tell a great Spider-Man story without any MCU surroundings? 

It's very easy, and it's been done loads of times before, in comics and film.  The script will treat past events as loosely as they can; Peter's "mentor" will shift back to regretting Uncle Ben's death ...or be vague about Stark.  

A line like "I lost someone; he meant a lot to me."   The audience can infer what it wants.  And if the story "time jumps" a year or two later, there probably won't be Stark billboards everywhere anymore, either.  Solved. 

Peter has adopted a new "home-made" suit to start anew, or to lay-low as a different "masked" identity, and without Stark's emotional baggage (more toy possibilities, too).  If his identity is compromised...he might develop a different suit entirely...say...a black one?**  "Ned, what do you think?  I thought this might look cool while I'm supposed to be incognito."  Ned: "Didn't you wear something like this in Europe?  It's just like Night Monkey!"

(No mention of SHIELD, Fury, Stark, etc. needed.  Plus...think about how FFH ends...it throws up all kinds of questions and possibilities.)

Why does the Stark tower need to be in any of the film?  What is going on there, anyway?  It was sold in Homecoming, right?  But we were never told who to!  Osborn industries buys or builds a new skyscraper.  The audience can assume or not that it was formerly Stark towers. 

See how easy it is? 

**(See where I'm going with this? Imagine if Far From Home's antagonist's conceits turn out to be ...real.  It's discovered within the next movie that the possibility exists.  And guess who pops through in the post-credits scene?)

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

The question should be: How do you tell a great Spider-Man story without any MCU surroundings? 

It's very easy, and it's been done loads of times before, in comics and film.  The script will treat past events as loosely as they can; Peter's "mentor" will shift back to regretting Uncle Ben's death ...or be vague about Stark.  

A line like "I lost someone; he meant a lot to me."   The audience can infer what it wants.  And if the story "time jumps" a year or two later, there probably won't be Stark billboards everywhere anymore, either.  Solved. 

Peter has adopted a new "home-made" suit to start anew, or to lay-low as a different "masked" identity, and without Stark's emotional baggage (more toy possibilities, too).  If his identity is compromised...he might develop a different suit entirely...say...a black one?  "Ned, what do you think?  I thought this might look cool while I'm supposed to be incognito."  Ned: "Didn't you wear something like this in Europe?  It's just like Night Monkey!"

(No mention of SHIELD, Fury, Stark, etc. needed.)

Why does the Stark tower need to be in any of the film?  What is going on there, anyway?  It was sold in Homecoming, right?  But we were never told who to!  Osborn industries buys or builds a new skyscraper.  The audience can assume or not that it was formerly Stark towers. 

See how easy it is? 

Right and they literally just did this 'vague dead loved one' thing with Uncle Ben. They've never mentioned him by name in the MCU movies yet through his conversation with Tony Stark in Civil War and the fact that everyone on earth has seen Uncle Ben die many times = enough. 

This will probably be how they deal with Tony Stark. Just vaguely reference him. We all know what happened. Most of the world saw the movie where Peter tearfully watches Tony die lol.

• Like 1