CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

So the Stark/Avengers Tower will magically disapear from the NYC skyline.

Poof !

Thank You Steven Strange.

Or was it Wanda ?

Weren't they vacating Stark Tower in Homecoming anyway?

• Like 4

I just love how Feige was like Bye and then dropped Kamala the next day. 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, filmscholar said:

If it's really over then again expect Sony to green-light this film eventually.  

[​IMG]

But haven’t we seen this from Sony already?

ElderlyClosedDanishswedishfarmdog-size_r

12 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

But haven’t we seen this from Sony already?

ElderlyClosedDanishswedishfarmdog-size_r

Spidey 3 really wasn't a "Spidey V Venom" film, he was shoehorned in at the 3rd act.  Sandman and Goblin were the main villains of that film.  I"m talking an entire film of them going back and forth like the comics series.   Also Tom is a much better Venom than Topher though I don't blame him when they again just threw him in there. 

• Like 1

I for one hope Spidey stays far, far away from the MCU.  In the comics he's always worked best when he hasn't interacted with other heroes, and the same holds true for the movies.

11 minutes ago, Fielding said:

I for one hope Spidey stays far, far away from the MCU.  In the comics he's always worked best when he hasn't interacted with other heroes, and the same holds true for the movies.

what about the villains?

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

He is so full of shit! 

If this was true why the hell did you set him up as such a pivotal player and the next Tony. 

He's basically politely said fuck you to Sony as he should 

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Valonqar said:

They were working out the deal. They couldn't do it by D23 and now have to say something. It's gonna be OK, you'll see. I'm not worried. Setting PP up as next Tony shows that they want SM badly and will have him.

Frankly he is good enough to reprise a different role and young enough to do it later. Sony will get 1 more movie and it will be horrible as their last spiderman film always is.

Posted (edited)

I believe Kevin wants to keep MCU Spider-Man, but as a Disney employee, Kevin Feige should not explicitly state that he very much wants Spider-Man to remain in MCU, putting pressure on Disney at a time when Disney and Sony are obviously engaged in crucial negotiation. His and Tom Holland's latest statements were both appropriate and prudent.

Edited by justvision
  • Like 4

IN a parallel universe somewhere, it's 2012 and fans are boycotting The Avengers as it's not distributed by Paramount.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

4 hours ago, Fielding said:

That's not true. Spidey/Johnny Storm has always been one of the best bromances in the comics. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

I just love how Feige was like Bye and then dropped Kamala the next day. 😂😂😂

lol as if she's going to be able to replace spider-man

• Haha 1
  • Not Cool 1

Posted (edited)

Thinking about the way Far From Home sets up its next movie... or rather, the situation it puts Peter in as it ends... I can almost see a way for the next movie to cut him completely out of the MCU pretty safely...

Think about it... Peter is a 15-16 year old kid. Who has just been accused of perpetrating a massive crime by a guy on social media.... Of course he didn't do it, but that's not the point, the point is he's going to have to retreat immediately and stay out of sight, and the people who were friends with him are going to have to publicly distance themselves from him or risk "cancellation..." So that's how the Avengers and the whole MCU gets zipped out of the picture, they're too busy trying not to have child endangerment and child abuse charges tossed at them....

Peter, however, now needs to...on the "down low".... fight back against these false accusations, but he doesn't have access to any of his resources.... that arguably he shouldn't have ever had access to in the first place since being poor and still coming up with everything that makes him Spider-Man is part of why his character works, but anyway.... so how does he go about clearing his name? By getting in contact with an underground journalist who swears he can get at the truth.... a weird, twitchy guy named Eddie Brock... 

And then you can have all sorts of weird yet funny complications.... the Symbiote wants Spidey, Eddie gets jealous... Spidey is super-freaked out by the fact the Symbiote looks like Todd McFarlane drew an "edgy" version of himself... They have to team up but they suck at teaming up because.... VENOM... Eddie Brock going on Jameson's podcast or whatever....

And you could end the movie with Peter usurping Eddie's position, getting a job at the Bugle, Spider-Man being sort of cleared but still a sketchy, small-time superhero in the eyes of the people...

Edited by LawrenceBrolivier
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

um he didnt say anything about if the film will be in the mcu or not

ps clickbait

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, john2000 said:

um he didnt say anything about if the film will be in the mcu or not

ps clickbait

He seems to have said that in Keystone comiccon (in Philadelphia), not D23.

edit: Full Quote -

Still pretty vague actually. He thanks Marvel for having his dreams come true and Sony for allowing his dreams to continue. Don't know what that means.

Edited by lorddemaxus

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

i know , what i meant was that nowhere in that comment he speaked about the deal and if it will happen so the part of the title that said spidey 3 outside of the mcu is false as we still dont know

ps the pitch for spidey 3 happened long time ago 

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

edit: Full Quote -

Still pretty vague actually. He thanks Marvel for having his dreams come true and Sony for allowing his dreams to continue. Don't know what that means.

It means exactly what it means.  He had a great opportunity that no other Spider-Man actor had to interact with this "MCU" thing on screen.  But he's ultimately employed by Sony, and they will continue making Spider-Man movies, likely with him in them, as long as they're grossing what they are.  Sometimes things aren't mysterious doublespeak.  😉

• Like 3