CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

1 minute ago, FilmBuff said:

Tell me how memorable Warcraft was tree? I thought you were banned anyways.

Warcraft was amazing and is still amazing. I have the blu-ray steelbook and I take it to bed with me every night.

I was banned, but got out on good behaviour.

I'm just speaking in jest, BTW. There are a couple of MCU films which I find memorable: Avengers, Avengers Endgame, and both Guardians of the Galaxy films. But yes the others are all quite forgettable, even if enjoyable at the time (and some not enjoyable at all like Black panther)

11 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Do any of them count as "memorable"?

Infinity War and Endgame are both pretty memorable. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I think a film being memorable is pretty subjective but to say are they even memorable, is a wrong fact. General audience have been watching these movies since 1st Iron Man till FFH. Since Tony is dead people still remember Tony's journey in all those movies as well as other characters and the fact that MCU has grown so much and has got new fans is the testament to it. So yes MCU movies are great and pretty memorable cause majority of the people remember them . Only on this forum do people act like they are some mediocre movies and the like . People love these movies. You can see the impact Endgame has become highest grosser movie of all time.

Edited by Nero
  • Like 8
  • Disbelief 1

I may sound like an MCU apologist here but I feel like the MCU has become more about the overarching story than each individual film. I'm not saying for a second that each film doesn't stand on its own. There are obviously some that are worse than others - including some that are just plain bad - but they're easily forgiven because audiences are treating each film as steps in the journey. We enjoy each one for its strengths AND faults. Marvel Studios has earned that, which may be their biggest achievement of all!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Infinity War is memorable for its ending and Endgame is the ending to an 11 year story.

They will be memorable to anyone who really has any interest in comic book movies. 

Posted (edited)

This will come as a surprise to all of you here - but the Shay REALLY hates all ensemble / team-up / hodge-podge movies.

Really, they are the worst. I can tolerate a single original superhero tale, so there are Marvel movies that are objectively good: Iron Man 1, Doctor Strange 1, maybe Thor 3. But the minute Feige & co take the heroes OUT of their stories and start clashing them against each other, like some pharma-fueled babies would do...

153e9e0235eac4c40baac9d4f823defc.jpg

...this very moment the minuscule amount of credibility these "special" heroes (superheroes) had - disappears, and all you are left with is a nerd-garden.

Moreover, it is mathematically impossible (and I am a professor of writing) to create a good story (for a short novel or a movie) with more than 5 to 10 main characters. They will inevitably suffer, and so will the story.

So - you can see why I am so glad the Avengers abominations are finally over - and never to be seen again! :) I could hardly tell them apart: Avengers 1, Avengers 2, Avengers 2.5, Avengers 3, Avengers 3.5 (what a joke) - but they were all equally bad. Like, Jurassic World level bad - so no wonder the crowd ate them up.

Too bad there will be no more of them for that crowd, boo hoo. :)

Edited by shayhiri

1 minute ago, shayhiri said:

This will come as a surprise to all of you here - but the Shay REALLY hates all ensemble / team-up / hodge-podge movies.

Really, they are the worst. I can tolerate a single original superhero tale, so there are Marvel movies that are objectively good: Iron Man 1, Doctor Strange 1, maybe Thor 3. But the minute they take the heroes OUT of their stories and start clashing them against each other, like some pharma-fueled babies...

153e9e0235eac4c40baac9d4f823defc.jpg

...this very moment the minuscule amount of credibility these "special" heroes (superheroes) had - disappears, and all you are left with is a nerd-garden.

Moreover, it is mathematically impossible (and I am a professor of writing) to create a good story (for a short novel or a movie) with more than 5 to 10 main characters. They will inevitably suffer, and so will the story.

So - you can see why I am so glad the Avengers abominations are finally over - and never to be seen again! :) I could hardly tell them apart: Avengers 1, Avengers 2, Avengers 2.5, Avengers 3, Avengers 3.5 (what a joke) - but they were all equally bad. Like, Jurassic World level bad - so no wonder the crowd ate them up. Too bad there will be no more of them for their "fans", boo hoo. :)

Trust me, there will be many more ensemble/team-up movies to come. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

So - you can see why I am so glad the Avengers abominations are finally over - and never to be seen again! :) 

We'll see about that

Okay legit is Blankments just...a bot on the site that just goes around liking things?

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Okay legit is Blankments just...a bot on the site that just goes around liking things?

Blanks is not a bot but he is a liking machine and we thank him for it. 

I get a kick of @Blankments going through old topics to serve out likes especially when I click on the notification and wind up taking a trip through memory lane.

Thanks Blanks!

• Like 13

38 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Just a person who goes through a higher than average amount of old threads. It’s like a nostalgic present whenever I get the notification. Sometimes I’m also tempted to just find a thread from several years ago and go on a react rampage.

• Like 5

Looks like the "#1 movie had no cultural impact or is memorable" disease is starting to kick in earlier than I calculated. Interestingly it's very infectious since it can spread through an entire franchise. :stirthepot:

• Astonished 1

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Shay strike again, last time was "statistically smart" and now "script cannot be mathematically good with more characters" lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/27/2019 at 4:32 PM, FilmBuff said:

This is a foolish comment even for you. :ban:

Civil War is a flaming hot mess. It's the TDKR of the MCU. 

(I have no idea who you are so sadly can't make a similar 'even for you' rebuttal.)

Edited by Hatebox
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Civil War is a flaming hot mess. It's the TDKR of the MCU. 

(I have no idea who you are so sadly can't make a similar 'even for you' rebuttal.)

‘Sadly for you’ I’m not going to waste my time with such false information. TDKR and Civil War are both awesome

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

Well freaking duh. The characters are from two separate universes. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

I guess that goes to show just how much Marvel wanted to distance themselves from the Sony Marvel Universe. That would’ve been confusing as hell for the general public anyway, considering that Tom Holland’s Spider-Man was dead by the time Venom was released.

Edit: Wait, that article is from We Got This Covered? Then I guess it should be taken with a giant grain of salt...

Edited by WittyUsername

2 hours ago, FilmBuff said:

‘Sadly for you’ I’m not going to waste my time with such false information. TDKR and Civil War are both awesome

This!!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Edit: Wait, that article is from We Got This Covered? Then I guess it should be taken with a giant grain of salt...

And their "source" is Jay Washington.  The same guy that claimed to be in the know on Silver Surfer showing up in Infinity War.

Edited by Horner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3