CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

If so, then poor Kevin Feige... the guy worked his butt off to get everything to work out, all he wanted was a “raise” for the work he’s done and the new work he would have to embark on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RealLyre said:

press F to doubt

they used the MCU to popularize and kick start their own franchise lmfao. 

Tom Rothman... his power...

BN-HC391_0224so_P_20150224133627.jpg

49 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

For the 3rd movie with no plot work off of? Yeah I doubt it. Probably will be a fucking disaster.

Think Matrix 3 but much worse.

Just imagine Spidey v Venom, $170M budget, $300M+ in China alone, $200M Domestic, whatever it makes OS - CHN = 

FlatIdealisticBoaconstrictor-size_restri

59 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Good, more variety for movie studios than just a monopoly by Disney 

Exactly, this is great news :)

sv-spider-dance.gif

Edited by VENOM

1 hour ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Good, more variety for movie studios than just a monopoly by Disney 

Or the next Spidey will disappoint at the box office (which it will) and you'll go back to shaking your fist at Disney.

So, honestly, what happens now? Are we all just supposed to pretend Spider-Man never existed in the MCU. Offscreen death? Hell, can Marvel Studios even mention the character for the purpose of an offscreen death or are they not allowed to refer to the character whatsoever?

We know how this is going to work for Sony going forward: they'll just continue making Spider-Man movies. But how is this going to work for the MCU?

What a joke.

10 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Or the next Spidey will disappoint at the box office (which it will) and you'll go back to shaking your fist at Disney.

The next Spidey film will be Spider-Man vs Venom, that’s for sure if there’s no (pre)MCU Spider-Man 3 script being written at moment.

The public won’t notice that the film(s) is now disconnected from the MCU until well down the road, by then they will care enough about this iteration that they won’t suddenly stop going to see these films.  

Sucks for both parties but this was definitely on Disney for being money greedy.

21 minutes ago, JB33 said:

So, honestly, what happens now? Are we all just supposed to pretend Spider-Man never existed in the MCU. Offscreen death? Hell, can Marvel Studios even mention the character for the purpose of an offscreen death or are they not allowed to refer to the character whatsoever?

We know how this is going to work for Sony going forward: they'll just continue making Spider-Man movies. But how is this going to work for the MCU?

It's rather easy.  He simply isn't mentioned.  If they really wanted to, I'm sure Marvel could get away with Falcon or Dr. Strange mentioning how much of a nuisance "that spider-guy" is up in Queens.  But it's not like Spidey is Tony Stark in this universe...and now that Stark is gone, Spidey's central emotional connection to the MCU essentially is gone, too. Plus, how Far From Home ends not only puts the guy back in his own familiar territory, but also writes in a very plausible "deniability clause" for any recent connections Peter may have had...  I explained all this at length a few pages back.  I think both parties planned it this way on purpose, just in case things didn't work out. 

The MCU will get on doing what it's doing -- I don't really see where any of the characters in their upcoming slate of films/TV would have reason to mention Spidey, either...

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 3

Poo on all this.  My three favorite characters in the MCU are now gone (Cap, Iron Man, Spidey).

My excitement for comic book movies just took a major gut punch.  I think both Sony and Disney may have lost a customer here. 

1 hour ago, stephanos13 said:

MCU fanboys like Conrad back at it again at Twitter bashing Sony. LOL They will never get over it hahahaha 😁

They still don’t get it, if Disney wants Spider-Man so bad they should have accepted the same deal they had before. Sony gains nothing by giving into their greed.

• Like 2

Couldn't care less who makes Spider-Man films, but I'm totally aboard the 'what's bad for Disney is probably good for the industry' train. 

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, JB33 said:

What a joke.

He existed in the MCU. However, he just won’t be seen anymore. The same as any other character that exists, but isn’t used in upcoming movies.

8 hours ago, JB33 said:

What a joke.

Its not a big deal though. What future MCU projects in the next 4-5 years require Spider-Man's involvement or even a cameo? They can move on easily.

• Like 4

I'm still waiting for a good live action Spiderman movie since SM2.  Not saying Sony can or can't pull that off but as of now, the ball is in their court to do so.  If they can't, then sell to someone who can, even if  it isn't Disney 

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 2