CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

45 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

So when can we expect to get the "Sam Raimi is back" announcement? 😁😁😁

As soon as Cameron releases Avatar 2. So never.

• Haha 1

So FFH just over took CM ww total. By the time it closes it will represent a 28% increase over SM:HC while reducing production budget. And I believe some people thought this would decrease or stay stagnant but the post Endgame boost helped this more than it helped Ant-Man.

I wonder how spider-man removal from the MCU will hurt his next movie as I don't think there were Avengers movie he could be in prior to th next solo release but not being able to reference Marvel things could be limiting but depending how they approach it I think it can work.

One of the deleted scenes has May telling Peter when he asks her how he looks in the glasses that he's gonna grow into them. Yet Feige has the audacity to say that this was the end of Spider Man lmao.

2 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

One of the deleted scenes has May telling Peter when he asks her how he looks in the glasses that he's gonna grow into them. Yet Feige has the audacity to say that this was the end of Spider Man lmao.

I think there's a better than 50-50 chance Sony and Disney going to work out a deal.  There's no way they're not having backroom discussions.  I saw the link below earlier this week, and just noticed it doesn't seem to have been posted here.  Admittedly, it's a rumor, but one with some teeth given their source has at least a little credibility to their track record.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/sony-offered-disney-deal-30-spiderman/ 

For my part, I had a blast with Venom.  It was dumb, but it knew it, and I'd be delighted to see that character appear in the MCU.

On 9/15/2019 at 9:22 PM, kings24450 said:

So FFH just over took CM ww total. By the time it closes it will represent a 28% increase over SM:HC while reducing production budget. And I believe some people thought this would decrease or stay stagnant but the post Endgame boost helped this more than it helped Ant-Man.

I wonder how spider-man removal from the MCU will hurt his next movie as I don't think there were Avengers movie he could be in prior to th next solo release but not being able to reference Marvel things could be limiting but depending how they approach it I think it can work.

Ant-Man and the Wasp came out before Endgame, and they weren’t in Infinity War, so that’s not shocking. I definitely think the character was enough of a highlight in Endgame that a new movie shortly after could have contended with $300M DOM, but there seem to be no plans unfortunately.

That deleted Peter/MJ scene is more proof that these two are the best, most adorable version of the couple we have seen so far. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

One of the greatest mysteries of life will be whatever the hell Marvel was thinking when they decided to end this movie the way they did when they weren’t even sure that they’d be making another Spider-Man film. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

One of the greatest mysteries of life will be whatever the hell Marvel was thinking when they decided to end this movie the way they did when they weren’t even sure that they’d be making another Spider-Man film. 

probably to get leverage over Sony. 

6 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

That deleted Peter/MJ scene is more proof that these two are the best, most adorable version of the couple we have seen so far. 

Lol....no...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I watched TASM and TASM2 for the first time in years yesterday, and I have to admit they were better than I had remembered.  Far from perfect, but can’t say I wasn’t entertained the entire time.  Forgot how well Garfield and Stone worked together.  I still have no problem with never getting TASM3, but those movies don’t deserve all the hate they get.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

They were probably thinking why the hell they allowed themselves to get bought out by Disney :ph34r: 

7 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

1. Garfield/Stone

2. Maguire/Dunst

3.Holland/Zendaya

First of all, I was referring to versions of Peter and MJ so not sure why you are listing Garfield and Stone. In any case, it's Maguire and Dunst who are a distant third, as their onscreen romance was truly one of the worst in any superhero movie.

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Ororo Munroe said:

First of all, I was referring to versions of Peter and MJ so not sure why you are listing Garfield and Stone. In any case, it's Maguire and Dunst who are a distant third, as their onscreen romance was truly one of the worst in any superhero movie.

Where does black widow and hulk come in your ratings?

18 minutes ago, VENOM said:

Where does black widow and hulk come in your ratings?

Not really relevant, lol but they can go on the worst list too. 

6 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Not really relevant, lol but they can go on the worst list too. 

How is it not really relevant? I thought you wanted to rate super hero couples? 

1 minute ago, VENOM said:

How is it not really relevant? I thought you wanted to rate super hero couples? 

Lol This thread is about Spider-Man, I was referring to Peter and MJ. I'd say you choosing a random couple for me to rate isn't relevant. 

1 minute ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Lol This thread is about Spider-Man, I was referring to Peter and MJ. I'd say you choosing a random couple for me to rate isn't relevant. 

I didn’t choose anything, your own words “as their onscreen romance was truly one of the worst in any superhero movie.”