CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

On 4/22/2019 at 12:35 PM, ChipMunky said:

Which makes his comment even weirder!

I'll just pretend it's the start of Phase Four. Just like how, in reality, Civil War is the end of Phase 2. 

• ...wtf 1

MCU Peter should just get rid of his mask...Don't see the point anymore...no point hiding identity if pretty much everyone knows.

1 minute ago, Hades said:

MCU Peter should just get rid of his mask...Don't see the point anymore...no point hiding identity if pretty much everyone knows.

Sure, this makes sense, except for the part where ALMOST NO ONE KNOWS.

• Like 2

Also he has interface in that mask like iron man, so wtf?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Sure, this makes sense, except for the part where ALMOST NO ONE KNOWS.

Yeah just mostly his dumb school mates who should have easily figured it out by now..:sadno:

BREAKING NEWS:

Reports confirm - this is about to EXPLODE - $500m domestic incoming

• Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

Sounds like a note-for-note rerecording of the logo cue for Homecoming.

Posted (edited)

Any updated 3-day OW predicts now that End Game is as huge as it is? (I suppose also consider it's opening on a random Tuesday now) I can't decide which will have a bigger 3 day, this Toy Story or Pikachu.

Edited by Shrugged

16 minutes ago, Shrugged said:

Any updated 3-day OW predicts now that End Game is as huge as it is? (I suppose also consider it's opening on a random Tuesday now) I can't decide which will have a bigger 3 day, this Toy Story or Pikachu.

With the release date being pushed up to Tuesday, I have a feeling the opening weekend will come in under $100M. Actually, I'm pretty sure of that. This is coming from a guy who can't wait to see Mysterio on screen but I really don't see any big hook for Far From Home, especially coming after something like Endgame. Like Ant-Man and the Wasp, it's going to seem so underwhelming in comparison, which isn't fair but that's how it goes.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, JB33 said:

With the release date being pushed up to Tuesday, I have a feeling the opening weekend will come in under $100M. Actually, I'm pretty sure of that. This is coming from a guy who can't wait to see Mysterio on screen but I really don't see any big hook for Far From Home, especially coming after something like Endgame. Like Ant-Man and the Wasp, it's going to seem so underwhelming in comparison, which isn't fair but that's how it goes.

Which is why Feige said it's the actual conclusion to Phase 3 - to try and create that otherwise non-existent hook.

Edited by Fielding

16 hours ago, JB33 said:

FFH < Homecoming?!

Start a club if you think so, could be interesting. Feeling a Deadpool 2 drop for this, but we can't discount the Endgame-effect...

Posted (edited)

IMO I see Far From Home locked for $1 Billion after Endgame even with TLK looming. Also think there's a very clear hook for this film that Sony will probably try to exploit as much as they can in the marketing.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

29 minutes ago, Fielding said:

Which is why Feige said it's the actual conclusion to Phase 3 - to try and create that otherwise non-existent hook.

That is true however it's in the same universe and takes place shortly after the events of End Game. Without going into spoilers people may see it to better understand exactly what happened. 

IMO personally I think this does a billion. Captain Marvel's origin story meant basically nothing to End Game other than an introduction to the character and it's doing 1.15 billion.