CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

The “SMH sucks” narrative is strong and rather perplexing considering the movie was quite well-received.

Fun times when it dropped 62% on the 2nd Weekend. Was so satisfying to see it recover so well afterwards.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

The “SMH sucks” narrative is strong on BOT and rather perplexing considering the movie was quite well-received.

it does suck even though i recall enjoying it at the time.

• Like 1

The table's been set. Sucks we gotta wait 5 years for F4 and X-Men tho

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

The “SMH sucks” narrative is strong on BOT and rather perplexing considering the movie was quite well-received.

People are simply trying too hard to find something, anything, to whine about when it comes to the  MCU. All films basically fresh in  RT, three over 1 billion WW films just in 2019, it is getting tough for some folks.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Most of the issues people had with the movie was the rather small stakes compared to other MCU films...but people enjoyed Spidey and the setting. 

Shiz looks super dope, if I'm being honest. But if this is playing in theaters, is that Tom Holland warning gonna pop up before the trailer starts? Because I don't know if people have enough time to leave the auditorium before the trailer starts.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Avatree said:

it does suck even though i recall enjoying it at the time.

I enjoyed it the first time i watched it at the cinema because it brough a fresh air to the character, but now when i look back at it i find it boring, that’s just my opinion tho

Edited by raulbalarezo

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Shiz looks super dope, if I'm being honest. But if this is playing in theaters, is that Tom Holland warning gonna pop up before the trailer starts? Because I don't know if people have enough time to leave the auditorium before the trailer starts.

It will play at the end of Endgame :) 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

The multiverse is real, but Mysterio is lying. He's not from another universe. He just wants to use Endgame's events and the "lack of heroes" to steal the spotlight. He creates the monsters and he himself fights them ( very convenient, isn't it ? ). 

The whole multiverse thing looks way too much complex to be introduced and developed right away in a Spidey flick. They'll probably leave that to the Dr Strange sequel.

Given Mysterio’s skill set, creating the monsters wouldn’t be a shock. 

Posted (edited)

Gif time (warning: heavy gif)

Edited by Heroicpiglet
I gave up

11 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

People are simply trying too hard to find something, anything, to whine about when it comes to the  MCU. All films basically fresh in  RT, three over 1 billion WW films just in 2019, it is getting tough for some folks.

so because a film got positive reviews and was a box office success, you aren't allowed to opine that you disliked it?

2 minutes ago, Heroicpiglet said:

Gif time (warning: heavy gif)

Hide contents

tumblr_pr37vs4bVE1y0qezwo1_1280.gifv

tumblr_pr3819ocyr1y0qezwo1_1280.gifv

tumblr_pr37zh16v41y0qezwo1_1280.gifv

tumblr_pr37u4B45Z1y0qezwo1_1280.gifv

tumblr_pr37xduDbi1y0qezwo1_1280.gifv

tumblr_pr383aPAlD1y0qezwo1_1280.gifv

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

In all seriousness HC was just o.k and this seems much more like an extravaganza. Add to that the EG effect, the spider man character having fully recovered from the awful TAS films and I legitimately believe that this will approach 1.5 billion WW.

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Has anyone brought up how Captain Marvel's moniker wasn't established in her movie or in Endgame?

If not, then here is a reminder. Moniker still has no contextual meaning.

19 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Fun times when it dropped 62% on the 2nd Weekend. Was so satisfying to see it recover so well afterwards.

That drop and 'recovery' are basically par for the course for summer movies.  Summer weekdays deflate non-opening weekends.

What is crazy run for this film. Something like 250m over 6 days and 500m domestic. If it has SM3 level of impact in OS markets it could hit 1B OS. But I feel as a character people are still jaded with SM. So actual gross would end up closer to CM.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Ohhh yesss. That drop and the OW were all about "bad word of mouth" then it pulled off great late legs and that talk was shut down :hahaha:

I remember I insisted comparing it to YA movies runs like THG and indeed it played like those movies...

Edited by XO21

16 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Given Mysterio’s skill set, creating the monsters wouldn’t be a shock. 

Mysterio has actual powers or is he someone who just create illusions? 

59 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

The multiverse is real, but Mysterio is lying. He's not from another universe. He just wants to use Endgame's events and the "lack of heroes" to steal the spotlight. He creates the monsters and he himself fights them ( very convenient, isn't it ? ). 

The whole multiverse thing looks way too much complex to be introduced and developed right away in a Spidey flick. They'll probably leave that to the Dr Strange sequel.

I'm with this theory. Multiverse & Quantum field probably would be the main story for the next few years in MCU, and I doubt Marvel Studios would let Sony's superheroes start the topic. Spidy probably will finally keep being New York people's good neighbor and then save the world in Avengers films.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1