Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

TLK and FFH.

Jon Favreau vs Jon Favreau

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Looking at the early presales today, I'm feeling better about my March prediction that Spidey wins the summer...I think this movie is going to soar on the goodwill built from MCU and Homecoming...and the total likeability of Tom Holland, who I feel sells a movie just like RDJ of old...it will be quite a holiday week to watch at its open:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

The “SMH sucks” narrative is strong on BOT and rather perplexing considering the movie was quite well-received.

It’s not a bad movie, and it’s a solid and entertaining film, it’s just the second worst Spider-Man movie personally including Venom and SM3 being better. The movie doesn’t have as much personality or risks taken as Raimi’s films or Spider-Verse or TASM. I loved Homecoming when I first saw it but like CACW it fell apart badly over rewatches.

Also, the whole but “high RT score so your opinion is wrong” is kind of basic, we’ve all have had movies we liked and dislike that don’t correlate with RT or even the audience consensus. It’s all about opinions.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 5

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

It’s not a bad movie, and it’s a solid and entertaining film, it’s just the second worst Spider-Man movie personally including Venom and SM3 being better. The movie doesn’t have as much personality or risks taken as Raimi’s films or Spider-Verse or TASM. I loved Homecoming when I first saw it but like CACW it fell apart badly over rewatches.

Also, the whole but “high RT score so your opinion is wrong” is kind of basic, we’ve all have had movies we liked and dislike that don’t correlate with RT or even the audience consensus. It’s all about opinions.

:gold:

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Interesting. SM3 to me wasn't good, Venom was worse. Hardy and Venom were good, rest of the entire movie sucked. Plot, cast, villains, etc.

The Raimi movies >>>> whatever your favorite (live action) superhero movie is.  including Spider-Man 3.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The Raimi movies >>>> whatever your favorite (live action) superhero movie is.  including Spider-Man 3.

Raimi Spider-Man movies did not age well and SM 3 is terrible

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, B-Rabbit said:

Maybe the effects haven’t aged well, but that’s part of the charm and why I love them so much.  Poor effects usually don’t ruin a movie for me anyway if the movie surrounding it is great.  Everything else about the films still works as far as I’m concerned

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, B-Rabbit said:

SM2 is the best live-action Marvel film ever though

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

No

• Like 2
  • Not Cool 1

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Poor effects usually don’t ruin a movie for me anyway if the movie surrounding it is great. 

Except that SM3 forgot the "great" part.

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

I am always a bit curious for that SM2 > SM1 argument, first one feel superior pretty much in every way to me.

Just now, Sue Denim said:

Except that SM3 forgot the "great" part.

Have nothing to say other than I disagree with you.  I love Spider-Man 3 even with all of its flaws 🤷‍♂️

Could Stranger Things 3 coming out on July 4 impact the opening week? 

SM3 is bad. 

Just now, Barnack said:

I am always a bit curious for that SM2 > SM1 argument, first one feel superior pretty much in every way to me.

I love SM, but SM2 just felt so much more confident and went a lot deeper into Peter's character since it didn't have to set up anything like the first film. Spidey also felt a lot more emotionally complex/humane than he did in the first one, and the action & cinematography from Bill Pope is definitely a level up from the first.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Spider-Verse is the best Spider-Man movie and best Marvel movie since SM2.

Spider-Man 2 is the best live action Spider-Man and probably the best live action Marvel film.

Case Closed.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Not Cool 1

Just now, Spike071 said:

Could Stranger Things 3 coming out on July 4 impact the opening week? 

GoT didn't affect Endgame. This is like baby GoT vs baby Endgame

95% of people who criticize Spider Man 3 only talk about "emo Peter Parker"

Fair enough, there is a small group do definitely do have gripes about the movie as a whole, but the majority of internet hate for the movie is about 3 goddamn minutes from the entire runtime. Problem with the internet is if the movie isn't "100% perfect" it is therefore "100% terrible" 

again, I don't mean to generalize everyone, especially people on this site since there are quite a few level-headed people on here.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Have nothing to say other than I disagree with you.  I love Spider-Man 3 even with all of its flaws 🤷‍♂️

No worries.  Different strokes and all that.

Imo, SM3 tried to cram 3 average movies into one.

Just now, DAJK said:

95% of people who criticize Spider Man 3 only talk about "emo Peter Parker"

Fair enough, there is a small group do definitely do have gripes about the movie as a whole, but the majority of internet hate for the movie is about 3 goddamn minutes from the entire runtime. Problem with the internet is if the movie isn't "100% perfect" it is therefore "100% terrible" 

again, I don't mean to generalize everyone, especially people on this site since there are quite a few level-headed people on here.

That's not true. Emo parker is made fun of. The criticism revolves around too many villians and retconning murderer of uncle Ben