CJohn

Spider-Man: Far From Home | 2 JUL 2019 | ***ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED***

Moderation

Special ENDGAME SPOILER Announcement.

Once the thread has been unlocked discussion of Endgame will be allowed as it relates to Homecoming.

This is NOT the thread to have a general discussion about Endgame.  If you post random, unrelated Endgame spoilers just to troll you will be threadbanned.

As was the case with Captain Marvel spoilers in the Endgame Thread this is a special case due to the connected nature of the films.

Regards

BOT Staff

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The thread will be unlocked in about 15 minutes.

• Like 2

Are we ready?

• Astonished 1

ENDGAME 

SPOILERS

ALLOWED

(In moderation.  terms & conditions apply.  See your doctor if problems persist.)

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

It looks like this will have old school midnight showings at many places, including AMC's biggest venues. 

What do we think that number could be? Midnight on a Monday seems like a tough one. I wouldn't expect anything more than 5 million. 

1 minute ago, VanillaSkies said:

It looks like this will have old school midnight showings at many places, including AMC's biggest venues. 

What do we think that number could be? Midnight on a Monday seems like a tough one. I wouldn't expect anything more than 5 million. 

I also don't know how prevalent midnights will be as so far locally it's just a few Cinemarks.  I expect Regal and Cinema West (a local-ish CA/ID chain) to join in eventually.

No clue how many showings there'll be though when all is said and done.

Will Secretary of State Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross appear? 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

First time someone calls Carol Danvers "Captain Marvel"

I wonder if they're just gonna roll with it lmao

Edited by expensiveho
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, MrGamer said:

LOL what happened to the Sokovia Accords

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

I also don't know how prevalent midnights will be as so far locally it's just a few Cinemarks.  I expect Regal and Cinema West (a local-ish CA/ID chain) to join in eventually.

No clue how many showings there'll be though when all is said and done.

Just for comparison sake (and I know it's apples to oranges), AMC Empire 25 in NYC, which had something like 50 preview showings for Endgame on Thursday, currently has 8 showings for FFH. I don't think they are expecting much from the midnights either...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

TASM did 7.5M true midnights on a Tues before July 4 release in 2012. If FFH had as wide a midnight showing I’d expect at least 12M from it — BUT, at the moment it seem that the true midnights may be happening in a fairly limited subset of theaters. No idea how many that currently have none will add some in the next two months.

6 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

Already asking the most important and most relevant question.

My man.

• Like 4

Just now, Sam said:

Already asking the most important and most relevant question.

My man.

Like Marvel, I know my audience. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

LOL what happened to the Sokovia Accords

For all we know Hurt got snapped and the OG avengers said “&#@% your Sokovia accords, your attempted regulation is part of why we lost to Thanos” and they haven’t been in place for 5 years.

• Like 1

11 hours post release.  950k likes and 17.1M views on the main channel + another 2.8M views and 222k likes from the Marvel Entertainment channel.

The first IW trailer was at 25M views in 11 hours. The first Endgame trailer was at 30M views, 1.4M likes. Captain Marvel had 12.5M views, 565k likes.

So yeah, this is pretty freaking amazing.

• Like 5

So, will this trailer really play in front of movies starting this week? I mean, the trailer has a huge ass spoiler. I would argue the biggest EG spoiler there is.

5 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

So, will this trailer really play in front of movies starting this week? I mean, the trailer has a huge ass spoiler. I would argue the biggest EG spoiler there is.

If you haven’t seen Endgame by now then tough luck 

Multiverse is obviously a way to bring back Tobey Maguire