Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

The first thing my dad said to me when I was picked up about movies was telling me for the first time that he's really excited for La La Land; I had to crush his dreams and say the wide release was moved to January 6. And then when my mom turned on the TV and there was a TV spot for it that said "EVERYWHERE CHRISTMAS DAY,"  he said "They're really being stupid not actually having that out on Christmas." Sometimes I'm really proud of my parents

In other news my bro might see Rogue 1 tomorrow

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Could have a bigger Sunday drop due to less spillover.

True but so far it's been less frontloaded, Saturday bump minus previews should be healthy. More I look at it, if 73M is true then mid 160s OW is likely.

• Like 2

So taking into account theatre rental prices that we had, certain tickets that were switched from today to yesterday etc and differing prices between child/general/senior admission, we had (and I'm just waiting for final numbers) an $80-81M OD including previews for RO.

• Like 2

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Could have a bigger Sunday drop due to less spillover.

Yeah still the Saturday increase is more important. I see it playing out like this with a 72m Friday

29m

43m

50.7m (+18%)

42.6m (-16%)

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Now Baumer's club is on life support. Not big enough OD to totally kill it though. 

Basically the only way it survives is if it has Saturday/Sunday holds bad enough to put it under $150m, then legs bad enough post-ow (sub-3x) to get it under $450m. Some still have hope, I guess. 

36 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Enjoyed it even more my 2nd time. Everything flowed better and the film just flew by for me. Gonna take at least a day or 2 off and then maybe go again.

I know I seen it my 2nd time tonight and the pacing of the movie is so great that it didn't even feel like it was over 2 hours. Also it was nice to hear a bunch of people in the theater yell Solo when one of the Before The Movie trivia question was who played the president in Air Force One.

28 minutes ago, Eevin said:

I mean, good, I guess? Certainly means it's playing very well to a lot of people. Still, hard to know if the A applies to the hardcore fanbase or to general audiences.

Cinemascores only really mean something if they're A+.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

If it follows TFA from true Friday it ends up with 161m. However I expect a bigger Saturday increase since its evident this is less frontloaded

I... don't know how evident that is. Could be but let's not count our chickens

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eevin said:

Basically the only way it survives is if it has Saturday/Sunday holds bad enough to put it under $150m, then legs bad enough post-ow (sub-3x) to get it under $450m. Some still have hope, I guess. 

There's that...or there's the fact that a whole crapload of 150m+ openers have had sub 2.9x multis. I'm not saying it's likely in December (hence why club is on life support), it is however possible. I still think everyone here is underestimating how little interest kids will have in this and the resulting effect on the multi. Kids have made every SW film in history leggy, not adults.