Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

20 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Wrong. The movie could have been made at so many points in history before it was. It was literally decades in the making until it was felt it could be done right. 

Disney seemed it felt the time It could be done right was about 15 seconds after they secured the rights to Star Wars. ?

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i love when you guys argue the unquantifiable shit like some kind of  scale of how cashgrabby a movie is. that and what is or isn't an event movie. it's a real easy way to go in circles talking about absolutely nothing.

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

4th movie in a franchise is exactly 53% more cash-grabby than 3rd movie everyone knows that

This is the 6th time we've attempted a cashgrab and we've grown exceedingly grabby at it.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

*shudders*

The Land Before Time is still special to me, but the amount of sequels is just ridiculous.

I had to look up how many they were up to now and the most recent one is the 14th. If that's not the definition of a cash grab then I don't know what is. 

• Like 2

I also like how the argument in the last 18 hours has moved from "this movie isn't going to make nearly the money some know it all people say" to "this is a cash grab!!" after it looks like it will make the money that someone said it wasn't going to make.  

:D

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

This isn't particularly fair on many levels. And I'm hardly a fan of the Disney empire's choices when it comes to IP control. 

Suing a preschool is still one of the worst things a company can do. They only care about the money don't give them to much credit 

Fun Fact:

George Lucas intentionaly sold LFL to Disney because he felt that was the company best suited to protect AND GROW the SW brand and heritage.  And grow being the key word there.

He could have sold it to someone else for much much more.  But Lucas trusted Disney to safeguard the SW brand.

And a single understandable conflicting emotional comment that gets trotted out of context aside, I tend to think he's happy with how things have all turned out judging by all of the other comments he's made over the years.  

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I also like how the argument in the last 18 hours has moved from "this movie isn't going to make nearly the money some know it all people say" to "this is a cash grab!!" after it looks like it will make the money that someone said it wasn't going to make.  

:D

You mean this guy who's been saying since last night it will likely make between both sides of the argument on this board (i.e. 450-500)? Lol, try again loser.