Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Exactly.  "Since last night" is the whole point.  

So where exactly was it again that you conceded your defeat over it not being some 600+ juggernaut? It still has far more of a chance at coming in below my 450 mark than hitting yours. People in glass houses....

Just now, MrPink said:

That movie is a cash grab though. I need to be in the safe confines of a love seat though

No it's okay the Warner execs aren't interested in money the way the evil Disney execs are

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

So where exactly was it again that you conceded your defeat over it not being some 600+ juggernaut? It still has far more of a chance at coming in below my 450 mark than hitting yours. People in glass houses....

I didn't predict Rogue One was going to make $600m.  I said $570m total for my prediction.  

Again, when you have no comeback I guess you simply make something up.  

Edited by EmpireCity

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

No it's okay the Warner execs aren't interested in money the way the evil Disney execs are

They would have bought the Star Wars brand and placed it in a vault in a heartbeat. Good Guy WB

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Also George Lucas liked Rogue One, but didn't like The Force Awakens. Not that it matters imo but if you're going to bring up George's opinions and intentions.

You know, I was going to tell you "this isn't true"... but the more I read about it, the more I realize that indeed, George Lucas didn't like The Force Awakens -_- 

• Like 2

Just now, MrPink said:

They would have bought the Star Wars brand and placed it in a vault in a heartbeat. Good Guy WB

Gotta protect my favorite #brand it's more pure and innocent than all those filthy #brands other people like

• Like 3

If people are curious, I'll tell you the moment I'll start to worry about annual SW being a cash grab:

When I start to hear rumors about Disney pressuring Lucasfilm to put out a film that they aren't ready to put out/don't have any good talent ready for it.  And/or pressuring them to make something they're not interested in making.

The only other time I'll worry about Disney treating SW like a cash grab property is when it becomes clear that they are vetoing LFL editorial decisions in an attempt to appeal to a wider audience.

Problem is, Disney has done the exact opposite.  They let TFA be delayed seven months when J.J. and co said it couldn't possibly be ready for May 2015  And it looks to me that the rumors about the reshoots installing a lighter tone in R1 ALSO look to be 100% bullshit.  Now it wouldn't surprise me if Disney has its fingers on the scales occassionally, despite what Pablo Hidalgo says. It's only natural as part of the creative process.

But right now the evidence is pretty clear that Disney is taking a hands-off approach to SW and letting them do their thing.  Time will tell whether they continue to do so or not if/when the SW brand really starts to do much less in the box office.  

Edited by Porthos
Whoops! Wrong year. Sorry. Fixed
  • Like 14