Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

40 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

How are the notifications showing up for you?

edit: you have "email notifications" turned off for "New Content for things I follow", Someone comments on something I follow", and "someone reviews something I follow". You also have "Automatically follow new content I post" and "Automatically follow content I reply to" turned on.

I switched your email notifications to just notifications but both both "automatically follow" boxes checked on. If you like, you can turn them off.

(This is all stuff you should be able to control and adjust, but if you're having trouble, I can turn it all off for you.)

Can you please? I've been trying to do so for a while now. I just got this thread re followed again after unfollowing. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

5 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

Not at all, money is money. I just think that IF that's true we will see a big drop in box office as the general audience stays away or at least stays away from the OW. I think WOM though will bring the GA back and allow RO to have a really strong multiplier. I could be completely wrong, but we shall see how it's run goes. This also leads me to believe that if the next film is marketed well it will increase upon the second one. One thing is for sure though. For me I wish TFA and RO box office grosses were swapped regardless of what RO gets.

I guess you liked RO more than TFA?.

People always say SW is nerdy or people dismiss it saying it's for geeks.

Reality is any blockbuster whether it be TA or Fast 7 or some romantic comedy is actually less mainstream in NA compared to the 90 plus million admission TFA got ...

Sw7 appeals to a massive wide demo far bigger then a genre of movie (horro) or generic summer blockbusters like JW.

10 minutes ago, Blankments said:

This train I'm on is so fucking weird; double decker shit with good leg room

Sounds like a lot of our middle range trains :)

shortlist Visuall Effects is out (Oscar)

Arrival
The BFG
Captain America: Civil War
Deepwater Horizon
Doctor Strange
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
The Jungle Book
Kubo and the Two Strings
Passengers
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

http://deadline.com/2016/12/oscars-visual-effects-shortlist-rogue-one-fantastic-beasts-captain-america-1201872654/

• Like 4

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

Sounds like a lot of our middle range trains :)

shortlist Visuall Effects is out (Oscar)

http://deadline.com/2016/12/oscars-visual-effects-shortlist-rogue-one-fantastic-beasts-captain-america-1201872654/

Huh, so the two movies I was considering to predict for my #5 spot aren't on the shortlist (Sully and Star Trek). Wouldn't be surprised if Kubo was nominated.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Anecdotal Star Wars story about R1: My friend, who took until February to rewatch TFA in theaters, is seeing Rogue One for a second time tonight

I also took until the end of its run to watch TFA. I plan to go again next week, which would be the first time since Jurassic World and Fast 7 I'll see a movie more than once and I liked Rogue One better than both. Take that for what you will.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I guess you liked RO more than TFA?.

I'm a casual movie fan that sometimes has odd tastes compared to most. That being said, it wasn't even a contest.. For me I felt TFA was a movie that just decided to slap the Star Wars name on it afterwards. I gave it a B. Rogue One is an A and on repeat viewings could go higher. Haven't been this pumped on a film since Catching Fire.

3 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

I'm a casual movie fan that sometimes has odd tastes compared to most. That being said, it wasn't even a contest.. For me I felt TFA was a movie that just decided to slap the Star Wars name on it afterwards. I gave it a B. Rogue One is an A and on repeat viewings could go higher. Haven't been this pumped on a film since Catching Fire.

Nothing wrong with your tastes. I haven't seen RO yet but i have said for months that i wouldn't be surprised if RO is a better film than TFA.

13 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Arrival
The BFG
Deepwater Horizon
Doctor Strange
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
The Jungle Book
Kubo and the Two Strings
Passengers

My predictions for final 5:

Doctor Strange

The Jungle Book

Arrival

Just got out of Rogue One, and to give a brief trailer report (credit to @jandrew for making me do this), the one that seemed to get the best response was Guardians 2. I was in an afternoon matinee with around 2/5s of the theater filled, but the laughs were still pretty strong, so I'm more or less predicting above $400M at this point. Anecdotal to be sure, but I've got a good hunch regardless. Outside of that, there were a couple of whispers at Cars 3 and Transformers, and the rest (Dunkirk, Mummy, Spider-Man, Space Between Us) were kinda silent, but keep in mind that the theater wasn't super packed, and I was at one of those theaters that serve gourmet food to the audience, so there were likely many stragglers focusing on ordering food than paying attention to the trailers.

• Like 3