Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

He's OK most of the time, but yesterday he posted a Tweet that made it sound like a 20% drop to $46m in previews was somehow a worst case scenario. "Even if it drops 20% from TFA..."

Didn't see that, yeah that's pretty bad but I'd doubt that's what he would predict.

4 hours ago, DAR said:

But have you done the Ewok movies?  And the Holiday Special?

Were the Ewok movies theatrical? Not theatrical, not worth my time.

4 hours ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

No. He still tends to be a bit overwhelmed by the theatrical experience. Any theatrical experience. And I think in particular a movie like this would be tough for him -- not necessarily from the violence, though I think of all things [REDACTED] would make him cry --

but because the flow of all the characters and locations requires you to keep a lot of info active in your head, and he's not quite up for that yet.

Episode 8 is touch and go, I'll have to play that one by ear. Tele Jr hasn't seen FORCE AWAKENS yet either, though he knows who Kylo Ren is. (He hasn't seen SITH yet either.)

Well, if Episode 8 is no-go, Lord/Miller can give him his first live-action appearance of Han Solo in live-action after they gave it to him four years prior animated :D

8 minutes ago, James said:

I thought top end means higher end. So he thought 65 max 3 hrs ago. it remains to be seen whether that changes.

Regardless of what he says the high-end is right now it is way too early to give a definitive number. He gave us our range but it could definitely go up and I could definitely go down.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2016 at 5:56 PM, terrestrial said:

He had a great career.  Dr. Bombay ties with Uncle Arthur as my favorite Bewitched character. Who can forget that laugh:  "BAH HA! BAH HA HA!"

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

That's very premature. A 70m OD would indicated around a 150m OW. No way we can then assume a 3.4x multi as being a lock off of an OW that high, even if it does in fact have good WOM. 

Hobbit 1&2 had a multi of over 3.5. RO can do that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

So if it goes to our God's high end of 65, then it will open to 145. Book it now LOL

I been calling 140 145 million for a while but still beating your club.

Reality is Rogue one Ultron Domestically.

• Like 1

Wow Bernard Fox was definitely a very recognizable face and a terrific actor. His line in The Lord of the Rings films, "how did it come to this" is very iconic and of course his turn as the captain in Titanic was also very memorable. RIP to a great actor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

i'll finally see moana on tuesday! been getting kinda hyped for this one though from what i'm hearing.

Moana has some of the best animation I've seen. The island/ocean setting just made it "lush" and imo refreshing. 

The nighttime scenes were just aweing. Also if you had no problem with Olaf then you wont have a problem with the chicken.

14 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

:ohmyzod: 

My summoning worked!

(psst, I told him about the prayer in UK)

12 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

He's OK most of the time, but yesterday he posted a Tweet that made it sound like a 20% drop to $46m in previews was somehow a worst case scenario. "Even if it drops 20% from TFA..."

I think that was a typo, as he wrote at the time (some minutes) also tweet like:

if you are born... 21y back films - a few titles - got released, congrats (or so)

10 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Didn't see that, yeah that's pretty bad but I'd doubt that's what he would predict.

see the text above your quote

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Nothing wrong with your tastes. I haven't seen RO yet but i have said for months that i wouldn't be surprised if RO is a better film than TFA.

Well I despise Pulp Fiction and really enjoy TF2. I also LOVE Avatar (saw it 10 times in theaters) and really don't like TDK. I know I have weird tastes compared to the vast majority :lol:

• Like 1