Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

Lol I been describing Rogue one premise to non sw fans and they seem to think it's a side Story even compared to the hobbit it has far less of a connection to Lots.

This film is a harder sell then people think so I think getting such large number is good in retrospect.

5 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Hobbit 1&2 had a multi of over 3.5. RO can do that.

Opening to half of what that would be for R1, and not having bad WOM despite what some here might want you to believe. Not saying I know this will have bad WOM, I'm saying even with good WOM 3.4x would be a very hard multi to hit off of an OW like that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Hobbit 1&2 had a multi of over 3.5. RO can do that.

They also open to about half of what Rogue one is going to open to. It definitely will not have a 3.5 multiplier in my opinion

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Opening to half of what that would be for R1, and not having bad WOM despite what some here might want you to believe. Not saying I know this will have bad WOM, I'm saying even with good WOM 3.4x would be a very hard multi to hit off of an OW like that. 

Let's not get carried away man. Rogue one definitely does not have bad word of mouth. There are lots of people who love it there are some people who dislike it and there's a bunch of people who think it's pretty decent. Saying it has bad word of mouth is completely a fabrication, no offense.

• Like 3

Just now, Christmas Baumer said:

Let's not get carried away man. Rogue one definitely does not have bad word of mouth. There are lots of people who love it there are some people who dislike it and there's a bunch of people who think it's pretty decent. Saying it has bad word of mouth is completely a fabrication, no offense.

I said I'm not saying I know it will have bad WOM. All I ever said about the WOM is I may vomit if it has good WOM, and I still might. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Wow Bernard Fox was definitely a very recognizable face and a terrific actor. His line in The Lord of the Rings films, "how did it come to this" is very iconic and of course his turn as the captain in Titanic was also very memorable. RIP to a great actor.

You made the same mistake as Tele: the actor who died is not the one named Hill, who was in LotR, it is the one named Fox, who played in both Titanic films (but seems to be famous for Bewitched)

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Wow Bernard Fox was definitely a very recognizable face and a terrific actor. His line in The Lord of the Rings films, "how did it come to this" is very iconic and of course his turn as the captain in Titanic was also very memorable. RIP to a great actor.

He was had a pretty memorable short part in The Mummy (the 1999) as a drunken clumsy pilot who went down in glory, helping Fraser and his crew near the climax.

7 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Yeah this is Star Wars, Star Wars at Christmas. I think the legs will be good for this.

Movies generally have good legs during the holidays for obvious reasons. It's part of the reason why TFA's multiplier was so dang good (though the film's legs would have likely have been good anyway, the holiday release helped it a lot). I don't think RO will have a 3.4 multiplier, but I do think it's multiplier will be over 3.0 nonetheless.

Edited by Fancyarcher

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I said I'm not saying I know it will have bad WOM. All I ever said about the WOM is I may vomit if it has good WOM, and I still might. 

I apologize. I misread your post.

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

You made the same mistake as Tele: the actor who died is not the one named Hill, who was in LotR, it is the one named Fox, who played in both Titanic films (but seems to be famouus for Brwitched)

Lol. Wow. Im full of mistakes tonight.

• Like 2

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

Already R1's previews are way more frontloaded relative to Bvs or CW if you look at Rallax's numbers. If the friday minus previews fall below 35m then Baumer's club is strongly in play.

I don't necessarily think this is true. Couldn't you just say that it had a ton of pre-sales but the pre-sales were spread out over a period of a week or so? All the pre-sales don't have to be for opening night.

3 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

GOTG Vol. 2 got the best trailer reaction last night by a long shot.

Same here! But only at that last joke lol

3 hours ago, DAR said:

Sometimes people just want to enjoy a movie just as a movie.  Nothing wrong with that.

You're correct, there's nothing wrong with that at all. What I'm saying is though don't yell at people who see political messages in the movie even if you don't personally see them. Heck, it doesn't even matter if the creator of the art put it there, artistic intent has nothing to do with the point of art itself. All that matters is the viewer and what they get out of it.

That's probably my film theorist coming out, but fuck it.

3 hours ago, SWXII said:

I was objecting to it being compared to today's headlines which is irresponsible.

How is it irresponsible? Art inherently comes from our current culture and can help us view the world in different ways. If anything, it'd be irresponsible to silence those analyzing Rogue One in such a way (be it by comparing it to the 2016 election or, as I saw Tele post earlier, pointing out the reclamation of Asian cultural aspects of Star Wars through Yen and Wen's roles.)

3 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

Last night was the first time I was truly impressed with the new IMAX sound system. Between the Dunkirk prologue and Rogue One it was excellent.

Question for you (or anyone else who saw the Dunkirk prologue): do you think Nolan's going for an R? I'm honestly extremely worried he's gonna water it down to a (gulp) PG-13 war movie.

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

TFA would have been very lucky to hit 3x had the WOM been average. The multi we saw was 1000% due to astronomically good WOM unseen since probably Avatar. 

Not saying you're wrong, and I know how unreliable Flixster is, but:

TFA:

AUDIENCE SCORE 

R1 has identical score and ratings right now.  Of course it is far far far too early to say anything about it all (given that R1 is just shy of 43,000 ratings and TFA has nearly a quarter million).

Still as I just said in the Mothership Thread, I found the similiarity in score striking.

• Like 1