Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

TFA would have been very lucky to hit 3x had the WOM been average. The multi we saw was 1000% due to astronomically good WOM unseen since probably Avatar. 

And insane repeat business.

The  Nostalgia rush is like cocaine, addictive stuff.

4 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

He was had a pretty memorable short part in The Mummy (the 1999) as a drunken clumsy pilot who went down in glory, helping Fraser and his crew near the climax.

I loved that guy in The Mummy. His happy death face after one last adventure. It always made me sad but happy at the same time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Already R1's previews are way more frontloaded relative to Bvs or CW if you look at Rallax's numbers. If the friday minus previews fall below 35m then Baumer's club is strongly in play.

What?  Rallax said that he thinks that his numbers are showing that R1 is backloaded compared to BvS and CW. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

Yeah, LieMAX size. Great projector though, very comparable (maybe better?) to the IMAX Laser Projector. So much better than average PLF quality. Plus, the theater is optimized for Atmos sound.

I hate how slow AMC is at rolling these theaters out. None are near me. 

3 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

They also open to about half of what Rogue one is going to open to. It definitely will not have a 3.5 multiplier in my opinion

At worst it'll be pretty close to a 3.5 multi. TFA opened even much higher and almost got a 3.8 multi. I know you'll say "but TFA was a phenomenon". What was phenomenal about it was really the opening, what followed was a pretty standard performance for a mid December release.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Not saying you're wrong, and I know how unreliable Flixster is, but:

TFA:

R1 has identical score and ratings right now.  Of course it is far far far too early to say anything about it all (given that R1 is just shy of 43,000 ratings and TFA has nearly a quarter million).

Still as I just said in the Mothership Thread, I found the similiarity in score striking.

It means nothing this early. TFA has been through the ringer in terms of scrutiny from casual audiences, including people who waited to rent the movie. The same cannot be said of the new film, which has only been viewed by fans for the most part so far.

• Like 2

Just now, Elessar said:

At worst it'll be pretty close to a 3.5 multi. TFA opened even much higher and almost got a 3.8 multi. I know you'll say "but TFA was a phenomenon". What was phenomenal about it was really the opening, what followed was a pretty standard performance for a mid December release.

What followed was phenomenal because of the opening. Unless you can find me another 150m+ opener that has ever hit 3.4x. Only one other 115m+ opener has ever hit that mark, and it was animated. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

TFA would have been very lucky to hit 3x had the WOM been average. The multi we saw was 1000% due to astronomically good WOM unseen since probably Avatar. 

I disagree. Maybe the Matrix sequels would have had a multi bellow 3. 3 is at the very low end for movie releases at that time. 

Edited by Elessar

43 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Alternatively, if kids don't like it families could flock to Moana and Sing instead. :ph34r:

If adults don't like it, they could always check out La La Land in its wide re-OH YEAH FUCK YOU LIONSGATE AJGDSKJLGDSKLJG

• Like 3

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

What followed was phenomenal because of the opening. Unless you can find me another 150m+ opener that has ever hit 3.4x. Only one other 115m+ opener has ever hit that mark, and it was animated. 

ROTK would have easily done that today. There just haven't been HUGE releases in mid December except this and ROTK.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

My futile attempt to keep up with this thread.

24yOmKb.gif

I didn't post several times new tweets, as I tried to keep up to see if they were already posted.

In between a bit insane speed :circles:

• Like 1

Just now, Elessar said:

ROTK would have easily done that today. There just haven't been HUGE releases in mid December except this and ROTK.

ROTK had phenomenal WOM. TFA had phenomenal WOM. Until I see some amazing multi, nothing will convince me R1 is getting phenomenal WOM.