• Bestest!
    • 2nd best
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th
    • Da worst!

Since R1 both cut somewhat deep into the "Yada Yoda" Force shit (I love when people are talking about it instead of saying "More About for another Time..." -- Damnit Orange Yoda), went apeshit on the space battles, had a sense of sensation of exploring the galaxy, didn't work on the basis of nostalgia but rather on tributism, I'd say I hold it slightly higher than ANH which worked around the same motives. 

1. The Phantom Menace

2. The Empire Strikes Back

3. Revenge of the Sith

4. Rogue One

5. A New Hope

6. Attack of the Clones

7. Return of the Jedi

8. The Force Snoozes

Edited by Amadeus
  • Like 2

Really enjoyed Rogue one, because we knew how it would end it made the journey better for me even though we didn't know exactly how we would get there. Darker, grittier, best looking star wars film ever, very nostalgic but didn't re-tread plot points like I thought TFA did a little too much. And the last 40 minutes were absolutely perfect. Finally a movie that has a very well thought out final act that works on so many levels which is very rare for a blockbuster in a post lord of the rings world. The only real criticism I have of the movie itself is we could have used another 15-20 mins with the characters before we even get to Scarif even if that would have made it a little long. I LOVED the Force Awakens but for different reasons from why I loved Rogue one and the thing that tips it in Rogue One's favor is that the story felt more organic and even though we knew how it was going to end it let me enjoy the journey just a little more. Overall Disney is batting 1.000% as I love both movies they've made so far but for me they've each gotten better. 

8. The Phantom Menace: C (If not for the Pod race, Ewan McGregor, Liam Neeson and Darth Maul this movie would have been beyond awful, instead its enjoyable enough to watch once every 10 years just to remind me how good it could have been sans Jar-Jar)

7. Attack Of the Clones: B+ (I thoroughly Enjoy this movie because it has so many great action sequences and although the romance between padme/anakin is very stale this is Ewan McGregor's best movie and final 30 minutes are pretty awesome, if this film had a better script and less digital set it could have been great)

6. Return of the Jedi: A- (Love the structure of the film but there's no question that it had an uphill battle post ESB, no woks and that alone would raise it to an A)

5. Revenge of the Sith: A- (Despite some horrendous dialogue its script was better then the other two prequels, and the darkness clearly sets in here which is awesome, more emotion in this one, highlights Ewan McGregor as the best thing about the prequels along with Ian McDiarmid, great use of Yoda in this too)

4. The Force Awakens: A (Despite some re-used plot devices the hardest job JJ Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan was to create new characters that we could love and they absolutely accomplished this with Finn, Rey, Poe and especially Kylo Ren, all interesting with leaving a lot open to discussion for the next film)

3. Rogue One: A+ (See above)

2. Star Wars: A+ (almost put Rogue one above this but will need to see it a few more times to make that determination)

1. Empire Strikes Back: A+ (Was this ever a question?) 

Star Wars

Return of the Jedi

The Empire Strikes Back

The Phantom Menace

Revenge of the Sith

Attack of the Clones

Rogue One

The Force Awakens does not exist. The Force Awakens does not exist. The Force Awakens does not exist. The Force Awakens does not exist. The Force Awakens does not exist. The Force Awakens does not exist. The Force Awakens does not exist. The Force Awakens does not exist. The Force Awakens does not exist. The Force Awakens does not exist. 

• Like 3