That One Girl

The Possession of Hannah Grace | Sony/Screen Gems | 30 NOVEMBER 2018

The trailer was quite nice IMO. But I didn't expect good reviews.
Judging from Pulse it's doing (far) better than the projected 3M OW (at the moment it's on par with Slender Man). I have no idea if this improvement will continue or if this film will have many walk ups but it's not looking bad from presales.

1 hour ago, el sid said:

The trailer was quite nice IMO. But I didn't expect good reviews.
Judging from Pulse it's doing (far) better than the projected 3M OW (at the moment it's on par with Slender Man). I have no idea if this improvement will continue or if this film will have many walk ups but it's not looking bad from presales.

Reviews are decent for this kind of movie

I think it will open near to $8m. It is opening in less theaters than Slender Man

AThis is gonna be a great case study, release date wise; it's the only film releasing in its weekend, even if it's releasing after Thanksgiving. And unless someone wants to try and expand their limited release film, there's no wide release on the weekend of Dec. 7th, this film's second weekend. So if critics are bothering to give this film good reviews, then I'm interested in seeing how much the calm before the storm, the lull in releases, is going to help this horror film's gross. And, well, Overlord had enough of a disappointing gross as to where the attention of the general horror audience is immediately given to this film.

There are no wide release horror films until Escape Room on January 4th after this one.

35 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

around 6,7 OW... flop

That would be great because I predicted 6.66M ;).

The film could see a big drop next weekend and the production budget is according to boxofficemojo 9.5M (I read with advertisement etc. it's around 20M), so I doubt that its theatrical run alone will cover the costs but 6.7M OW is ca. the double of the predictions, not too bad.