FlashMaster659

Tuesday #s - R1 17.6m

Over 70% of kids still being school is likely muting the early weekday legs. But, we'll see... A bit below expectations on Monday and Tuesday now. Not much below but just a bit below. Then, again, as mentioned by Forbes, don't be alarmed by less than stellar early weekdays as the weekdays will recover as more schools let out.

• Like 1

I guess, like Empire said, that because there were three openers last night, it affected R1 for certain.  I expect about a 25% drop today.  That would give it about 13 million.  I still have no idea how it's all going to play out.  I admit 450 is dead, but I'm not sold on 500 yet.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I want to ask a little bit about the demographics of this. Aren't the audiences for this kind of old? I keep hearing about schools but does this really have a big audience coming from pupils?

That's a good question.

The truth is there is no way to really know what any film will do today.  Last years model doesn't fit because of the proximity to Christmas changing.  So I think, but don't know, that films will behave a bit more traditionally on Wednesday.  So a 25% drop seems likely, imo.  It'll be interesting to see what other films did yesterday.

• Like 3