FlashMaster659

Tuesday #s - R1 17.6m

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

thank you

out of the article, I like that they point out the previews getting not as much locations as during official release. I can imagine that not everyone reading here, especially the newer ones or guests, are aware about that

yeah, I honestly don't think previews mean that much when it comes to animated entries. after all, Frozen's was $1.2M and its five-day was $93M.

having said that, Sing's number is on par with Zootopia ($1.7M) but lower than most of the other animated releases in the past 2 years. Maybe it's a furry thing. ;) 

(Dory $9.2M, Minions $6.2M, Pets $5.3M (3,003 locations), DM2 $4.7M, Inside Out $3.7M, Sausage Party $3.3M (2,632), Moana $2.6M, TGD $1.3M)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

No.

He is the only one who has numbers. None of us do. So I was just saying perhaps you could address him personally and the notification will get to him and then perhaps he will post other numbers.

@EmpireCity

No, he is not the only one who has numbers. So, you could not just ignore the question but you had to be weird about it...hmm...aggressive star wars fan?

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I'm just comparing it to Moana, which made $2.6 on Tuesday, compared to Sing's $1.7m. Now, maybe the two dates aren't totally comparable, considering Holidays, but it might mean that Sing isn't going to tower over WDAS'slatest movie.

The OS results so far have been good but not great which suggests Sing will be successful but not a monster like SLOP or Minions

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

The bigger thing is all the wide releases are turning out to be mediocre to dogshit to end the year and going into next year.  Assassin's Creed is done after the first few days.  Passengers is selling terribly.  Why Him has bad reviews.  Live by Night is mediocre.  Underworld is terrible.  Silence has very limited commercial appeal.  XXX: Unnecessary Sequel is awful.  Monster Trucks was already written off by the studio.  

Rogue One, La La Land, Sing, Patriot's Day and Split are going to need to perform to get through into mid-February.  

I agree with this. Rogue One is gonna kill because there is no competition. Sing will do very good numbers because its numbers will be spread out over the holiday season. 

La La Land will continue sell well into awards season. 

Just now, Xavier said:

No, he is not the only one who has numbers. So, you could not just ignore the question but you had to be weird about it...hmm...aggressive star wars fan?

He's only one of two who can give us numbers before they're publicly announced.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Xavier said:

Baumer is the farthest thing from an aggressive Star Wars fan. Thanks for the laugh though! 

And the only other person who has numbers is RTH. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Xavier said:

Yea he is. 

Rth isnt here right now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, James said:

This doesn't seem to bad, does it? I really don;t have a point of reference though.

Considering that it's likely to be very frontloaded, it's not great.

Some good reference points would be these movies, even though they opened on Christmas Day:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=47ronin.htm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=avp2.htm

Why is it that some supposedly "new posters" feel the eed at times to be sarcastic or just plain jerks? Why would you want to come to a site as a new person and try to be a bit of a jerk to not only the posters here with the moderators as well? I was simply saying that Empire is the only one online on our site right now that has access to numbers before they are publicly released. I was far from being passive aggressive. I was simply trying to help you out, @Xavier

• Like 14

30 minutes ago, Xavier said:

Well, since I addressed everyone (including Empire), your suggestion is kind of unnecessary, no?

question: not sure, do you know how the ping thing works here?

I think, that was, what he meant, ping Empire City, you might get faster an answer.

just in case  - or for the newer ones who do not know, or...:

type the '@' key

wait a moment if needed (depends on the browser)

it should appear a small kind of window with the waiting circle thing in it

Do not wait too long, start without a break after the @ sign to type the member name (I do not mean try to tape into the window).

Depending on the name it can take a while till the wanted name appears, it uses your typed letters to shrinking down the possibilities. Pick it. Some browsers react a bit in another way, then play around a bit

If the name changes not to a colour marked one, the ping did not work = no answer to expect.

Have fun!

• Like 1