FlashMaster659

Tuesday #s - R1 17.6m

8 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Judging by 2011 numbers i'd say 14 - 14.5m maybe.

2011 doesn't fit here anymore though.  Cheap Tuesday is so much bigger now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elessar said:

It is still the best fit since it's the last time holidays fell on the same days.

No, it's not.  I understand what you are saying but not nearly as many markets in the US and Canada had cheap Tuesday's back then.  

It's like saying let's compare home runs from a certain player using 2011 as a model.  In 2011, that player played for the NY Yankees and hit 45 home runs.  

He then gets traded to the Blue Jays and then back to the Yankees in 2016.

But in 2015, the Yankees increased the size of their ballpark by 100 feet in the outfield, 65 feet in both right and left.

Do you really think that player is going to hit the same amount of homeruns?

15.5 ($219 million 7-day)

24.5 ($70.5 million 3-day/$95 million 4-day - $314 million 11-day)

21.5 ($378 million 14-day)

13.5 ($64 million 3-day/$77.5 million 4-day - $455 million 18-day)

Edited by mahnamahna

4 minutes ago, TommyA10 said:

TFA practically stayed flat on Wednesday (after dropping on Tuesday from its humongous Monday), so why is everybody expecting a massive drop for RO?

Wednesday last year was the 23rd so lots of schools closed on that day, hence the increase from Tuesday. This year, not as many schools will close on Wednesday, cuz it's the 21st.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

What kind of legs to you anticipate?

3.25+ or so to get it somewhere between $505M and $535M.

Didn't Force Awakens have something like  3.8 multiplier to get it to $935M+ DOM? I never really expected that. I do expect to it recover from these minor blips in the coming day before after Christmas and the New Year as the number kids out of school increases.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TommyA10 said:

TFA practically stayed flat on Wednesday (after dropping on Tuesday from its humongous Monday), so why is everybody expecting a massive drop for RO?

Different day in terms of how close it is to Christmas.

I think we need to wait and see how other movies behaved last tuesday. If Tuesday bumps are muted accross the board, then the previews from the 3 wide openers probably had an impact.

7 minutes ago, TommyA10 said:

Cause TFA had insane spillover all week round. No way this increases on Wednesday, that was an anomamy.