FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

3 minutes ago, bladels said:

Just heard about Carrie Fisher :(

If the "15 minute CPR" is true, there's no way she come out of this without major neurological deficits

They are reporting 10 minutes to restore pulse and she received CPR from medical personnel. Some make a full recovery in these situations. But right now it is the usual conflicting press reports. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I'm sure it will be the "event" movie of the Christmas season. Star Wars who ?

I know this is a irony but I won't enter in this train. :ph34r: It will be released on November 3rd btw :P

Bad Moms is Stx's Star Wars. The difference is any crap of Bad Moms won't be a huge business :kitschjob:

The new releases are a real disappointment numbers wise for me. I expected more from Sing especially around this time. The other three shall not even be mentioned at this point. Although Why Him is doing better than I thought it would. 

But all in all it really is a Star Wars world and we are just living in it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SWXII said:

They are reporting 10 minutes to restore pulse and she received CPR from medical personnel. Some make a full recovery in these situations. But right now it is the usual conflicting press reports. 

News are saying she stopped breathing for 10 minutes then an EMT performed CPR for 15 minutes before she got a pulse that means her brain had been deprived of oxygen for 25 minutes.

I'm sorry but if that's true then her chance of full recovery is slim to none.

A study in Vietnam National Heart Institute shows that only 5% of patients survive cardiac arrest . I don't know the accurate number for the US but wiki says it's 8%

Edited by bladels

6 minutes ago, bladels said:

News are saying she stopped breathing for 10 minutes then an EMT performed CPR for 15 minutes before she got a pulse that means her brain had been deprived of oxygen for 25 minutes.

I'm sorry but if that's true then her chance of full recover is slim to none.

A study in Vietnam National Heart Institute shows that only 5% of patients survive cardiac arrest . I don't know the accurate number for the US but wiki says it's 8%

It was also reported the EMT was on the plane so CPR would have happened much sooner than 10 minutes and her heart attack happened 15m before landing. 

All reports except that from her brother Todd are un sourced information, probably from passenger gossip because the airline and it's employees couldn't legally say anything.

Most people don't survive heart attacks because they are alone or without quick medical attention - she had an EMT.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

Just now, TalismanRing said:

It was also reported the EMT was on the plane so CPR would have happened much sooner than 10- minutes and her heart attacked happened 15m before landing.  All reports except that from her brother Todd is un sourced information, probably from passenger gossip because the airline and it's employees couldn't legally say anything.

Most people don't survive heart attacks because they are alone or without quick medical attention - sh had an EMT.

Yes. And I know someone that survived a similar event. Immediate CPR keeps oxygen to the brain. So personally, I will remain hopeful of a miracle.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It was also reported the EMT was on the plane so CPR would have happened much sooner than 10 minutes and her heart attack happened 15m before landing. 

All reports except that from her brother Todd are un sourced information, probably from passenger gossip because the airline and it's employees couldn't legally say anything.

Most people don't survive heart attacks because they are alone or without quick medical attention - she had an EMT.

Still. It's 15 minutes of CPR :(

Just have to have hope in US medicine because I haven't met a patient who go under cardiac arrest for more than 5 minutes has a full recovery in Vietnam

• Like 2

According to ET Canada, Carrie Fisher's brother says that the talk of him saying his sister is in stable condition is not true. 

He said she is in the ICU right now and they're letting the doctors do their thing. They do not know the condition of her. 

Heres the quote and link: http://etcanada.com/news/190820/carrie-fisher-suffers-massive-heart-attack-on-plane/

“There really is not much to say. She is in the intensive care unit, she is being well looked after. If everyone could just pray for her that would be good. The doctors are doing their thing and we don’t want to bug them. We are waiting by patiently.”

He also addressed an earlier comment attributed to him, in which he was alleged to have said his sister was in “stable condition.”

“I don’t know where they got that word from. That is absolutely not even close to the truth. We don’t know. We hope for the best. We certainly do not know her condition, that’s why she is in ICU. I’m sure everyone wants to speculate but now is not the time for that.”

Edited by Nova
  • Like 3

Just now, Nova said:

According to ET Canada, Carrie Fisher's brother says that the talk of him saying his mother is in stable condition is not true. 

He said she is in the ICU right now and they're letting the doctors do their thing. They do not know the condition of her. 

Heres the quote and link: http://etcanada.com/news/190820/carrie-fisher-suffers-massive-heart-attack-on-plane/

“There really is not much to say. She is in the intensive care unit, she is being well looked after. If everyone could just pray for her that would be good. The doctors are doing their thing and we don’t want to bug them. We are waiting by patiently.”

He also addressed an earlier comment attributed to him, in which he was alleged to have said his sister was in “stable condition.”

“I don’t know where they got that word from. That is absolutely not even close to the truth. We don’t know. We hope for the best. We certainly do not know her condition, that’s why she is in ICU. I’m sure everyone wants to speculate but now is not the time for that.”

Damn! :(

• Like 2