FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Three reason why Batman is popular.

1) He arguably has the best rogue gallery in fiction.

2) Classic movies and tv shows.

3) He's been built up to be the ultimate badass and people dig badasses. 

Where does now all of a sudden Batman come from?

I feel a bit like in the franchise war thread

54 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

I am just happy this movie is falling more than expected (Many of you expected 70M+ 3-day). Next weekend it should to has a increase. This movie doesn't need $1bi for have profit. I would love see a movie like Arrival doing $1bi, not a money grab Star Wars spin-off.

So you think Arrival was made for charity purposes?

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Where does now all of a sudden Batman come from?

I feel a bit like in the franchise war thread

A franchise war has people trolling each other.

I'm just pointing out why Batman is popular since someone joked about it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I didn't expect anything, I am the one who says since a time at the OS area that in my POV the OS 'expectations' of some are way too high (see comparison Ant-Man to Avengers as I think extasy formulated it). To not torture the other with repeats... the rest in spoiler tags:

Hide contents

I am also one of those who pointed out since weeks out about the less re-watch 'need' based on certain details like war genre and so on (e.g. a change of the genre mix will not appeal to all, and a war film at Christmas is not what I'd watch in general directly before or during Christmas, but afterwards or a bit before Christmas = not a family film, depending on the ages of the off-spring)

IMHO reaching dom + OS $600m is still in general not a given (no matter the franchise / film ...) even more so $700m / $800m .... or a IMHO generally still insane $1b. 

I plan to watch Arrival (might be a bit difficult to find a cinema where it is still running, now that I am finally mobile to a degree), also some of the other less money making films. At least I will buy a lot of discs with 2016 as the cinema release year... (but that I do since some years) I don't do VOD... including the legal ones

I love Sci-Fi, and as such would love to see more of those get successful in a big way.

But only because I'd love to see one reach more I do not 'wish' for another one to do less. Not even films I strongly disliked. 

Exceptions:

if the film promotes intolerance, hate against minorities/other religions/life-styles/gender or gender 'choices' (I do not think that is a choice)... especially if it is clear that it wasn't some thoughtless detail, but seems to actively be a 'monger' film. Those I'd never support in any way and might get rather outspoken against. 

But I also wouldn't illegally download such films, if I decide myself against a film, I still respect the distribution rights and so on.

Not meant as to say you (or others) are in the wrong or whatever, only to explain my POV, please take that into account in interpreting my answers :)

Oh, and I might not always understand what you meant correctly, as I still have problems, some people write here with wordings I am ~ used to, other have another style I might still have problems to understand in the intended way (see signature again) - I have a feeling something like that was involved to a degree.

"But only because I'd love to see one reach more I do not 'wish' for another one to do less. Not even films I strongly disliked." My question is SW's big box office affects the potential of other films. See the OW of this weekend's releases... I want this cash grab give space for new movies.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I check the box office sub occasionally, and I find a lot of people have no freakin' clue what they are talking about (don't even get me started on r/movies box office talk). I see you post there a lot, and you're definitely a voice of reason there.

It's because of the upvote-downvote system I believe. People think that lots of upvotes on reddit = right, but that's simply not true. Lots of users in there also throw downvotes that are unjustified so it quickly becomes a shitshow.

I like forum systems better for discussing, there aren't downvotes around, which I think discourage meaningful discussion. 

Take @Christmas Baumer for example. He'd probably get downvoted to hell and back for saying he likes twilight on r/boxoffice

Here, he is safe :redcapes:

Mostly :ph34r:

Edited by Daxtreme
Typo
  • Like 6

Just now, alisson23 said:

"But only because I'd love to see one reach more I do not 'wish' for another one to do less. Not even films I strongly disliked." My question is SW's big box office affects the potential of other films. See the OW of this weekend's releases... I want this cash grab give space for new movies.

See the RT scores for some other movies opening this weekend.  Also see how well some of the award contenders opened and or expanded.

Rogue opened to $90m+ less than SW7, that did not result in $90m+ more business that w/e for other films.  

• Like 3

Funny enough, Disney is probably gonna be the one to save theaters from this proposed 2-week model. After the year they've had they refuse to get onboard with anything that could affect their box office.

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

So you think Arrival was made for charity purposes?

Do you know the mean of a cash grab? 

"When movie studios produce unnecessary and often poor quality sequels in order to obtain more money."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cash grab

" n. inf. an undignified or unprincipled acquisition of a large sum of money with little effort."

#Rogue one

http://www.encyclopedia.com/humanities/dictionaries-thesauruses-pictures-and-press-releases/money-grab

How is Arrival a cash grab????? 

2 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Do you know the mean of a cash grab? 

"When movie studios produce unnecessary and often poor quality sequels in order to obtain more money."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cash grab

" n. inf. an undignified or unprincipled acquisition of a large sum of money with little effort."

#Rogue one

http://www.encyclopedia.com/humanities/dictionaries-thesauruses-pictures-and-press-releases/money-grab

How is Arrival a cash grab????? 

But RO was not poor quality. Critics and audience seem to enjoy it

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Funny enough, Disney is probably gonna be the one to save theaters from this proposed 2-week model. After the year they've had they refuse to get onboard with anything that could affect their box office. 

baum it's funny you bring up Fantastic Beasts because that was a horrible movie right there!

Yes somebody told me that you did not like Fantastic Beasts either. There is obviously another glitch in The Matrix if we are on the same page about a movie.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

It's because of the upvote-downvote system I believe. People think that lots of upvotes on reddit = right, but that's simply not true. Lots of users in there also throw downvotes that are unjustified so it quickly becomes a shitshow.

I like forum systems better for discussing, there aren't downvotes around, which I think discourage meaningful discussion. 

Take @Christmas Baumer for example. He'd probably get downvoted to hell and back for saying he likes twilight on r/boxoffice

Here, he is safe :redcapes:

Mostly :ph34r:

Also, the community is just better. We all kinda know each other outside of our love for movies. All you know on reddit are their BO predictions.

• Like 3