FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

5 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Do you know the mean of a cash grab? 

"When movie studios produce unnecessary and often poor quality sequels in order to obtain more money."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cash grab

" n. inf. an undignified or unprincipled acquisition of a large sum of money with little effort."

#Rogue one

http://www.encyclopedia.com/humanities/dictionaries-thesauruses-pictures-and-press-releases/money-grab

How is Arrival a cash grab????? 

Because its made so that the studio can make money. Its a business. 

• Like 3

Box office tracking this Christmas felt lackluster to me.  We have some films like RO doing really great but IDK this time of year on here is really nostalgic for me.  I was active on BOM since I was 15 (I'm 28 now) and we have had some freaking exhilarating holiday runs.  I think it's mostly the very mediocre new films we had open but the fact that only one of them BARELY broke 20 for the 5 day probably had a lot to do with it.  

Oh well, next Christmas looks like something special.  

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

It's going to overdrive this week.

Will be around 430 to 450 million by Jan ND.

I wonder how many movies have had a $30m DOM day after already passing $250m DOM? I assume TFA, and Avatar had several, and maybe Titanic, Jurassic World and the Avengers as well? But probably not too many. 

That's the kind of company R1 is keeping right now. 

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

I wonder how many movies have had a $30m DOM day after already passing $250m DOM? I assume TFA, and Avatar had several, and maybe Titanic, Jurassic World and the Avengers as well? But probably not too many. 

No. Titanic didn't even had a day over 10M.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

520 million for RO seems assured.

It will make another 100 million till Jan 2nd and make another 100 million after.

It's at around 318 million right  now.

Yeah, it will do at least 100m after next weeks 4 day weekend. So we can add 100m to whatever that # is and say that's the likely floor.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

If I recall, Avatar never went above 30M.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Do you know the mean of a cash grab? 

"When movie studios produce unnecessary and often poor quality sequels in order to obtain more money."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cash grab

" n. inf. an undignified or unprincipled acquisition of a large sum of money with little effort."

#Rogue one

http://www.encyclopedia.com/humanities/dictionaries-thesauruses-pictures-and-press-releases/money-grab

How is Arrival a cash grab????? 

I'd argue that Rogue One was not done with little effort. With all the reshoots and rewrites and all that. Seems the exact opposite of little effort.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

Box office tracking this Christmas felt lackluster to me.  We have some films like RO doing really great but IDK this time of year on here is really nostalgic for me.  I was active on BOM since I was 15 (I'm 28 now) and we have had some freaking exhilarating holiday runs.  I think it's mostly the very mediocre new films we had open but the fact that only one of them BARELY broke 20 for the 5 day probably had a lot to do with it.  

Oh well, next Christmas looks like something special.  

Other than Episode VIII, what's due out?

• Like 1