FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

10 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Correct.  Silence has very little commercial appeal and will be lucky to make $40m total.  Like I said before, it makes The Revenant look like a fun and rollicking action adventure movie.  

If there was a hope of something being The Revenant, that would have been Patriot's Day or Live By Night, but neither of those is likely to happen.  

Patriot's Day will make less than World Trade Center imo.

And Live by Night could make a run like The Accountant.

Edited by efialtes76

5 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Correct.  Silence has very little commercial appeal and will be lucky to make $40m total.  Like I said before, it makes The Revenant look like a fun and rollicking action adventure movie.  

If there was a hope of something being The Revenant, that would have been Patriot's Day or Live By Night, but neither of those is likely to happen.  

Patriots Day should still do reasonably well though. That it's doing so well in limited release when it's not a limited release kind of movie (Lone Survivor didn't amaze in its qualifying run either) should mean solid numbers are ahead (FWIW I think it's definitely beating Live By Night when they go wide the same weekend and comfortably so).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Patriots Day should still do reasonably well though. That it's doing so well in limited release when it's not a limited release kind of movie (Lone Survivor didn't amaze in its qualifying run either) should mean solid numbers are ahead (FWIW I think it's definitely beating Live By Night when they go wide the same weekend and comfortably so).

I bet you Live by Night will beat Patriot's Day OW.

3 minutes ago, La La Panda said:

For the Passengers debate, I think it's safe to say Pratt and Lawrence didn't bring in 70m worth of Box Office (what they'd need for the studios to break even from the cost of hiring them).

Love your Avatar!!! :wub:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I don't see Passengers getting to $80m, nevermind $120m. 

Budget was $110m. 

I think it gets too 100.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Friday : Drops 67%, Snags Forceful $22M For $244M Cume via by

The part about RO selling more tickets than prequels is quite a strech (at least when compared to ROTS), since its tickets most certainly aren't close to your average ticket price for 2016. ROTS should probably adjust closer to $600m domestic than the $510m figure you get by using the average price.

20 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

I doubt Passengers cost $110M. The reality is probably closer to $150M. And JLaw gets 30% of the profit ? Sony must be so pissed that they threw all that money at her. 

Sony signed the contracts for the movie at the wrong time. JLaw was coming off DOFP, American Hustle and MJ1 and Pratt was literally a week removed from Jurassic World after Lego and GOTG were hits. They just wrongly attributed the big breakouts to Pratt in that case and overvalued JLaw's drawing power. From Sony's perspective they had the 2 biggest stars currently in their movie, they just neglected to actually see if the JW breakout was due to Pratt or the brand.

Neither will get this good a contract for some time now.

• Like 1

Just now, grim22 said:

Sony signed the contracts for the movie at the wrong time. JLaw was coming off DOFP, American Hustle and MJ1 and Pratt was literally a week removed from Jurassic World after Lego and GOTG were hits. They just wrongly attributed the big breakouts to Pratt in that case and overvalued JLaw's drawing power.

Neither will get this good a contract for some time now.

This, basically. The days of stars selling tickets for a dubious movie based on name alone is a bygone era.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Ghostbusters was a bad film and personified everything wrong with 2016.

This is the only site where I see people defend this film.

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I think that says a whole lot more about you than it does us.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Lordmandeep is gonna Lordmandeep.

@Lordmandeep is dead right and @filmlover isn't over the obvious

Daily Domestic Chart for Friday December 23rd, 2016

← Previous Chart Chart Index  

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
1 (1) Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Walt Disney $22,775,000 +36% 4,157 $5,479   $244,774,674 8
- (5) Moana Walt Disney $2,817,000 +9% 2,784 $1,012   $175,849,191 31
- (12) Doctor Strange Walt Disney $255,000 -12% 631 $404   $227,873,966 50
- (-) Lion Weinstein Co. $90,000 +63% 55 $1,636   $943,433 29
- (-) The Queen of Katwe Walt Disney $5,000 +82% 59 $85   $8,796,546 92

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

I doubt Passengers cost $110M. The reality is probably closer to $150M. And JLaw gets 30% of the profit ? Sony must be so pissed that they threw all that money at her. 

Based on the subpar marketing efforts, I'd say that Sony was 100 % sure that her presence alone would guarantee huge numbers. Therefore, she got a better financial deal than he did, even though they are pretty much on equal ground as far as perceived box office clout. 

Now that the film is tanking, I honestly doubt she will get another 20-million-dollar paycheck, unless it's for a film written by Suzanne Collins (and the words "hunger" and "games" in the title).

• Like 1