FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

It's been matching Sherlock Holmes 2 relatively closely so far from Monday on. Usually no more than 5% swing either way.

Sunday will be interesting with 146.5% jump but otherwise very similar week to Sherlock and if it continues to match it, 500M is done deal with likely total around 550M, event status achieved.:P

Edited by druv10
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Speaking of worthless talentless wastes of life and space, I had the misfortune of seeing a bit of this year's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and happened upon the younger KarTRASHian (dunno their names, the one that came out of the dad's nut who is faking being trans for attention, not the dad spinning in his grave) and she couldn't even walk the runway. I've never seen such black holes of talent. Forget acting. Forget singing. Forget anything that demanding. WALKING down the runway. She couldn't even do that. 

Boy Bye.

You will not come for Kendall.

zakye.gif

• Like 1

Happy holidays!

LOL, it's hilarious that some circles (not here) are blaming Passangers flop on "problematic content". That wasn't in trailers so it cannot be blamed for why people didn't flock to see it opening weekend. The stars didn't do the drawing. Whatever the content, it has no bearing on OW. It could affect legs but doubtful that content is worse than general indifference towards this movie. Nice try, spin doctors.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

It's been decided. The family Christmas movie tomorrow will be La La Land.

Came down to that and Lion. Passengers had been the presumptive favorite until the bad reviews torpedoed its chances.

So your whole family opted out of a movie they were interested in going  together to for Xmas solely based on it getting bad reviews?

Interesting, I wonder how widespread such behavior is becoming.

EDIT: Its not too long ago that the accepted theory was that reviewers were losing power with the advent of the internet. It seems to me that review aggregators are turning the tide into the opposite direction quite quickly.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Happy holidays!

LOL, it's hilarious that some circles (not here) are blaming Passangers flop on "problematic content". That wasn't in trailers so it cannot be blamed for why people didn't flock to see it opening weekend. The stars didn't do the drawing. Whatever the content, it has no bearing on OW. It could affect legs but doubtful that content is worse than general indifference towards this movie. Nice try, spin doctors.

The marketing was dreadful and it really made the film look incredibly generic and "hookless," so to speak. We were supposed to be compelled to buy a ticket by...um...what? The presence of the two stars? That alone was clearly not enough...

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

So your whole family opted out of a movie they were interested in going  together to for Xmas solely based on it getting bad reviews?

The family Christmas movie tradition is very important, it requires a movie that is guaranteed to be good and meet with approval by all those involved. Seeing a movie that got pretty bad reviews is way too risky.

Plus considering my caution towards the film, the bad reviews justified the change since they to a man confirmed that the issue I had was pretty much a big thorn in the film's side.

• Like 2

3 guys came by today for Rogue One dressed as Leia, one with the buns one with I think the Hoth outfit and one the Endor outfit (no gold bikini though). 

They said it was for Carrie Fisher, kinda sad I hope she recovers :(

• Like 6