The Stingray

Okja | 2017 | Bong Joon-Ho (director), Jake Gyllenhaal, Lily Collins, Tilda Swinton

That Netflix strategy of releasing everything online and only giving them a limited release SUCKS. If this movie only get a limited release in USA it ain't coming to any theatre in my country.

They did the same with beasts of no nation last year and the movie came and went so quickly the buzz lasted about a week tops, by the time it won some awards at the SAGs it was pretty much forgotten. I don't get why the aren't going the Amazon way. Amazon like Netflix doesn't need whatever money Manchester by the Sea makes in theatres even if it does 50m, that's pocket change for them, but they went with it anyway and now their movie is gonna play all over the world, is gonna win awards and will sustain the buzz for another 2 months.

On 12/23/2016 at 1:15 PM, Joel M said:

That Netflix strategy of releasing everything online and only giving them a limited release SUCKS. If this movie only get a limited release in USA it ain't coming to any theatre in my country.

They did the same with beasts of no nation last year and the movie came and went so quickly the buzz lasted about a week tops, by the time it won some awards at the SAGs it was pretty much forgotten. I don't get why the aren't going the Amazon way. Amazon like Netflix doesn't need whatever money Manchester by the Sea makes in theatres even if it does 50m, that's pocket change for them, but they went with it anyway and now their movie is gonna play all over the world, is gonna win awards and will sustain the buzz for another 2 months.

Curious how this they release this one given the budget exponentially higher than other Netflix produced films to date. Doesn't it have a $50M+ price tag? Beats Of No Nation was under $10M if I'm not mistaken.

13 minutes ago, MrPink said:

@Sam

Bong, Prince of Persia, and the Ancient One.

This is our next stan, right?

We are like double the Shay at this point. 

But this one is too tempting. So sure. 

36 minutes ago, Sam said:

We are like double the Shay at this point. 

But this one is too tempting. So sure. 

It's a Netflix release, no curses to be had here. It's like you can't fail if you're on Netflix

16784526.jpg

• Like 4