WrathOfHan

WrathOfHan's Controversial 2017 Box Office Predictions

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Before the trailer views who honestly expected IT to break out. Come on guys, hindsight is 20/20.

Yet it's still funny. Not only han but right now I am going through various big sites very early 2017 predictions and there is no IT there. That's the reason this is more surprising than deadpool and JW cos nobody saw this coming unlike few for those movies. That includes me of course.

On 1/6/2017 at 4:06 PM, WrathOfHan said:

November 3 Thor: Ragnarok: When Marvel finally gets us excited about a Thor movie, you know they’re doing something right. Ragnarok is going to offer a nice break from the first two films and will be a vital part of the MCU. Hulk and Doctor Strange’s presence will help draw in more casual moviegoers, but what will really make this explode at the box office is its connection to Infinity War. Hela is rumored to play a major role in IW, and the final Infinity Stone will more than likely be revealed in this movie. There’s a strong chance audiences need to know what happens in this movie to understand IW. For that reason, I expect this to perform massively. 150/375 (2.5x)

"Finally gets us excited"

"150 million OW"

"Hulk and Doctor Strange...casuals"

:insane:

On 1/6/2017 at 2:05 PM, WrathOfHan said:

October 6:

Blade Runner 2049: GIVE IT TO ME VILLENEUVE!!!!!! Denis is unstoppable. He’s made some of the best films in recent years and has a distinct style. His take on Blade Runner is going to be BEAUTIFUL. The GA probably isn’t going to fall for it unfortunately; the original Blade Runner wasn’t a hit and the sequel likely won’t be GA friendly. The trailer views are good but nothing that indicates a high total. 35/105 (3x)

Kingsman: The Golden Circle: Manners. Maketh. Box office. Kingsman: The Secret Service was a smash hit in 2015 both commercially and critically. Many think this film will stay flat or decrease, but I don’t see that happening. In fact, I think this will be the series’ equivalent to 22 Jump Street. Similar to JS, the first was an unexpected breakout, and the sequel increased massively. Additionally, there a lot of great names joining for the sequel. Although this doesn’t have the benefit of summer weekdays, the fall release isn’t as crippling as it would be for a PG-13 blockbuster. Since it doesn’t look like WB is moving Blade Runner, this might have to get pushed up to September. 60/180 (3x)

My Little Pony: MLP is still a popular brand, so I expect the film to do great. With proper marketing (COUGH LIONSGATE COUGH), this might be surprisingly big. 45/160 (3.56x)

Might actually be able to flip the BR/Kingsman predicts around here 🤔

• Astonished 1

3 hours ago, filmnerdjamie said:

I mean... there's nothing to suggest Han will be wrong on Blade Runner 2049.

Kingsman 2 opened to 39M with what felt like much less hype and anticipation than Blade Runner will likely have before it opens, and it recieved middle of the road wom, compared to the universal acclaim in the other side. The only thing BR has going against it is the runtime, cause apart from that, I actually think the GA will not have as hard of a time eating this up as some think it might (after all, Arrival had insane legs last year).

On 1/6/2017 at 6:54 PM, WrathOfHan said:

This is an interesting concept for a kids film. I think Sony should have kept this in December as it was closer to Christmas, but I think this will be an appealing option for families throughout the holiday season. Of course, it could also collapse once Coco releases similar to Trolls and Moana. 25/100 (4x)

:gold: 

On 12/30/2016 at 7:28 PM, WrathOfHan said:

Wonder: This film has a lot of talent involved in the production, but I’m not sure if this will be able to stand out in a weekend with 5 wide releases. Lionsgate is releasing it, so they’re bound to fuck it up somehow. 10/30 (3x)

good call.