Neo

Doctor Strange | 11.4.2016 | Teaser trailer released (pg 155) | Features an "intense crash sequence"

I think Kevin Feige has said that even if certain actors were to move on or simply get too old for it, they wouldn't go the reboot route but rather the James Bond route: same continuity just different actors. You know I still stand by it but I think Matt Dillon would be a great Dr. Strange.

Whaaaaat...MD?...Dont see it.. But can't name another either..There must be a unknown talent out there for that part...

@Nolanites: I don't think Nolan should direct a Marvel SH film. Nolan's cool and distanced storytelling and images don't fit the Marvel heroes. Visuals isn't everything!

Not even production will start in 2013 cause it's not a film that's part of Phase Two.Iron Man 3 is nearly done(awaiting RDJ) foot injury to healThor Dark World just started weeks agoNext up in the production pipeline are:Ant-Man (2012/2013 straddle) 2015Captain America - 2013 2014Guardians of the Galaxy- 2013 2014Avengers 2 - 2014 2015If Dr. Strange is introduced as a support character in Thor Dark World then Marvel could break with the staging pattern they established for Phase One and announce Phase Three before Phase Two ends with Avengers 2. If Dr.Strange was in that announcement they could start shooting a Dr. Strange movie as early as end of 2014 I suppose.

And it happened.

• Like 1

Picks: Viggo Mortensen, Andrew Lincoln.

Benedict Cumberbatch, Adrien Brody, Rufus Sewell, Jim Caviezel, Patrick Dempsey, Keanu Reeves, Ethan Hawke...

Many options...

Benedict Cumberbatch, Adrien Brody, Rufus Sewell, Jim Caviezel, Patrick Dempsey, Keanu Reeves, Ethan Hawke...

Many options...

Remember Cumberbatch was seen at Marvel HQ.

Not recommending him, but didn't Pierce Brosnan once play Dr Strange in a made-for-TV movie?

Edited by Wadey Wilsoney

I'll have to Powerball picks up for the weekend on my blog.  ;)

:excited:

Not recommending him, but didn't Pierce Brosnan once play Dr Strange in a made-for-TV movie?

No. Peter Hooten played Doctor Strange in the 1978 TV movie. It was actually pretty good for the time period. 

Many options...

No to Brody. he needs to go away plus he can`t carry a movie and Dr Strange isn`t some well known second tier character to open on name alone.Nobody in this line-up has screen rpesence.

Cumberbatch is getting overexposed and too geek property-engaged.

Picks: Viggo Mortensen, Andrew Lincoln.

How do you go from Mortensen who`s 55 to Lincoln who isn`t even 40? I don`t get it.

Anyway, no to Mortensen. Too freakin old and no charisma.

Edited by fishnets

Marvel was apparently inquiring about Mortensen's availability for Strange last fall. Victoria Alonso even admitted that they are interested in him.

Alonso also addressed the rumor that Viggo Mortensen may appear as Doctor Strange in Thor: The Dark World, albeit with less optimism:

http://collider.com/ant-man-movie-comic-con-video/

Personally, I think that Mortensen would be great for Strange. He could pull off the contemplative, Zen-like aspects of the character as well as the action portions of the film. Strange's journey from world-renowned neurosurgeon to derelict to Sorcerer Supreme would be something he could portray with ease. I would be very happy if Marvel managed to sign Mortensen for the role. 

It`s freakin hilarious that this woman doesn`t know if VM is acting anymore. Just shows you how irrelevant his movies are. Yes, he`s acting but those movies neevr get out of limited release.

He`d be fine as a supporting actor but not as the lead in a solo DS movie. Can`t people understand he`s 55 now? And filming hasn`t even started yet. Not everyone`s a Neeson.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

I don't know why Dr Strange is announced for phase 3 before Black Panther.If Black Panther isn't included in Avengers 3 it's going to look bad on Disney/Marvel.

• Like 1

I don't know why Dr Strange is announced for phase 3 before Black Panther.If Black Panther isn't included in Avengers 3 it's going to look bad on Disney/Marvel.

Because he`s white, duh.

• Like 2

It`s freakin hilarious that this woman doesn`t know if VM is acting anymore. Just shows you how irrelevant his movies are. Yes, he`s acting but those movies neevr get out of limited release.

He`d be fine as a supporting actor but not as the lead in a solo DS movie. Can`t people understand he`s 55 now? And filming hasn`t even started yet. Not everyone`s a Neeson.

Strange is a much older man than most comic book characters. As originally conceived, he was a middle-aged man of at least 40 - 50 years old who had been practicing medicine for many years. He already had grey hair at his temples. Strange spent several years basically living on the street before hiking across Europe and Asia with no resources. He's got some mileage on him, so an older actor would be ideal for the role. 

• Like 2

But 40-50 isn`t the same as over 50 already! This isn`t a one-off movie. If they are to make more movies than they need someone who isn`t 50 yet.

No. Peter Hooten played Doctor Strange in the 1978 TV movie. It was actually pretty good for the time period. 

I must see this.Where can I find it?Please say YouTube.

I think whoever does the voice for Dr Orpheus should play Dr Strange on the big screen.