Neo

Doctor Strange | 11.4.2016 | Teaser trailer released (pg 155) | Features an "intense crash sequence"

I must see this.Where can I find it?Please say YouTube.

Yeah it's on Youtube, just checked

Yeah it's on Youtube, just checked

I need to go watch that later. Though maybe I shouldn't. My fond memories are likely to be crushed by cruel reality. 

I need to go watch that later. Though maybe I shouldn't. My fond memories are likely to be crushed by cruel reality.

Don't know if you're a Spidey fan, but check out the made-for-TV movie starring Nicholas Hammond (1977). :D

I think whoever does the voice for Dr Orpheus should play Dr Strange on the big screen.

I suppose that guy doesn`t have whiny nasal voice like Viggo? I can`t imagine whiny nasal voice to be a required character trait.

Anywya, enough with Viggo for this or Dark Tower or whatever. He was only in LOTR, he didn`t invent penicilin so that the world owes him something.

Edited by fishnets

Do they think these guys are well known? I'm not a big comic book reader, but how popular are Dr . Strange, Ant-Man, and Black Panther to the ones who showed up in The Avengers?

Do they think these guys are well known? I'm not a big comic book reader, but how popular are Dr . Strange, Ant-Man, and Black Panther to the ones who showed up in The Avengers?

Iron Man wasn't well known outside comic circles.

Marvels cape wearing version of Thor also wasn't. 

They are however A-list among Marvel characters and the industry as a whole.

The three you ask about specifically Dr.Strange, Ant-Man and Black Panther are even within Marvel properties more B list. And I'd argue unless you're watching cartoons with your 8yr old most people have never heard of, like Iron Man.

Which, case in point IM, leaves an entirely blank slate for Marvel Studios to imprint that character on the moviegoing masses. No built in bias, just, do you like the trailer you just saw? Great, more of that when the film debuts!!!

I suppose that guy doesn`t have whiny nasal voice like Viggo? I can`t imagine whiny nasal voice to be a required character trait.

Anywya, enough with Viggo for this or Dark Tower or whatever. He was only in LOTR, he didn`t invent penicilin so that the world owes him something.

Okay i get it now. You just hate Lord of the Rings. Thus all hamchett nonsense and Hobbit comments and ^ this hate of Viggo. Two extremely talented actors.

Now my question, what did it do to you? Was it traumatizing? Make you think you're a mermaid or something?

Mortensen doesn't have a nasal voice, but whatever. 

Mortensen doesn't have a nasal voice, but whatever. 

He does. It`s especially annoying during his laughable "For Frodo" speech.Granted, it didn`t help that someone thought it was good idea to have him say to his scared troops that he was scared too. But his voice is nasal. I`m not the only one who noticed it. And voice or not, he`s way to old for a franchise and has no charisma to carry it by himself.

Roman Coppola wanted his cousin Nic Cage to play Doctor Strange, so it's good that he never got control of the property. Cage has attached himself to every major superhero franchise he could -- Batman, Superman, Iron Man, Doctor Strange -- but ironically only appeared in Kick-Ass. Which is strangely fitting when you think about it.  

• Like 1

But 40-50 isn`t the same as over 50 already! This isn`t a one-off movie. If they are to make more movies than they need someone who isn`t 50 yet.

They didn't follow that logic with Tony Stark...and that worked out ok.   :)

Roman Coppola wanted his cousin Nic Cage to play Doctor Strange, so it's good that he never got control of the property. Cage has attached himself to every major superhero franchise he could -- Batman, Superman, Iron Man, Doctor Strange -- but ironically only appeared in Kick-Ass. Which is strangely fitting when you think about it.  

I laughed...but remembered that Cage also got Ghost Rider.

The irony then that he played, you know Ghost Rider.

The irony then that he played, you know Ghost Rider.

You're absolutely right, l forgot about Ghost Rider, but that's understandable because I really wanted to forget it after I saw it.  ;)

• Like 1

RDJ has always had leading man charisma. Viggo does not have leading man charisma. If you really want an oldie for that role than try Liam Neeson. He`s a bone fide action star.

Liam Neeson! 

Posted Image

All he needs to do is shave some. 

Liam Neeson! 

All he needs to do is shave some. 

And so he did

Posted Image