FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread (Dec-30-Jan 2nd) 3/4-day #s R1 49.5m/64.3m, Sing 42.8m/56.4m, Pass 16.15m/20.7m, Moana 10.97m/14.3m, WH 10.6m/13m, Fences 10m/12.7m

43 minutes ago, yjs said:

Maybe they included the marketing cost? Which is still kinda odd..

LOL if you included marketing costs about 90% of the films would not break even domestically.

• Like 6

Thinking about SW sequel trilogy... I remember when $1 billion was an amazing achievement for a trilogy. Good times, good times. At this rate after Episode VIII they could just release a 2 hour video of Kathleen Kennedy rolling in money as Episode IX and it would still be the biggest trilogy ever domestic lol. Kind of sick how easy it should be for the sequel trilogy to be the first ever $2 billion domestic trilogy. SW (OT) was the first $1B, back in 1997. 

Edited by JonathanLB
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Thinking about SW sequel trilogy... I remember when $1 billion was an amazing achievement for a trilogy. Good times, good times. At this rate after Episode VIII they could just release a 2 hour video of Kathleen Kennedy rolling in money as Episode IX and it would still be the biggest trilogy ever domestic lol. Kind of sick how easy it should be for the sequel trilogy to be the first ever $2 billion domestic trilogy. SW (OT) was the first $1B, back in 1997. 

The Sequel trilogy will probably end up with at least $2.5 billion DOM alone, which is a truly incomprehensible number.

• Like 2

SW is an insane franchise at the bo.

That a spin-offish movie with the marketing 'a star wars saga', clearly separating it from the mainstream trilogy (SW7,8,9), manages 550 is amazing.

Also, from now on - especially after Legend of Tarzan, Suicide Squad and R1 -  no one should pay attention to reshoots and trouble production non-sense.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

SW is an insane franchise at the bo.

That a spin-offish movie with the marketing 'a star wars saga', clearly separating it from the mainstream trilogy (SW7,8,9), manages 550 is amazing.

Also, from now on - especially after Legend of Tarzan, Suicide Squad and R1 -  no one should pay attention to reshoots and trouble production non-sense.

I disagree with that. I liked Suicide Squad, but you could clearly tell the influence of the reshoots in the film. Also, Fantastic Four 2015 had an incredibly troubled production, and it ended up being a disaster. While I do think that reshoots don't have to be a bad thing (World War Z benefited from it), they can be devastating in some cases.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, a2knet said:

3 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

I disagree with that. I liked Suicide Squad, but you could clearly tell the influence of the reshoots in the film. Also, Fantastic Four 2015 had an incredibly troubled production, and it ended up being a disaster. While I do think that reshoots don't have to be a bad thing (World War Z benefited from it), they can be devastating in some cases.

What about: no one should react so / too strongly and assume the worst before not having seen the results?

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

$14.5m and $12.4m

Rogue One only 5% down compared with last week. 

Edit: Sing with a rise of well over 50% from last week! 

Edited by PPZVGOS

3 minutes ago, SWXII said:

Soon we will know exactly what Star Wars movies made in 2016. And also if Disney broke 3 Billion. And then what percentage SW is of that.

Do you speak about the top 2016 charts at e.g. BOM for dom and ww? Those are released in 2016 charts and as such we wont know for a time.

In those charts you will find the dom / OS / ww parts.

Or do you speak about the Year-to-date charts? Then I guess you mean both SW films or the SW franchise (...is of that) - I try to better my English and also try to ask before assuming maybe wrongly.