FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread (Dec-30-Jan 2nd) 3/4-day #s R1 49.5m/64.3m, Sing 42.8m/56.4m, Pass 16.15m/20.7m, Moana 10.97m/14.3m, WH 10.6m/13m, Fences 10m/12.7m

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

It's super effective and got a critical hit. Obi wan is evolving. Congratulations, your Obi Wan evolved into Old Obi Wan.

I really liked Ewan Mcgregor as Obi wan...he really captured how anyone would imagine a young Obi wan to be and Alec Guinness mannerism

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It's one of my many talents another random talent I have would be spotting sws loonie bias a mile away.

Lol wut? All I said was the Han Solo spin off would probably do around 425 million. Thats not loonie

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Jim is shooting all 4 Avatar sequels at once, Avatar 5's shooting will be finished by 2018.

Haha, shooting 4 films back-to-back would take at least 2 years, and post-production work would be at least 5 years total. Avatar 5 isn't happening until 2024 at the earliest.

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Jim is shooting all 4 Avatar sequels at once, Avatar 5's shooting will be finished by 2018.

Again, THEY HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED SHOOTING THE 2ND ONE. If they had, I'm sure everybody would have known by now. I'm not sure if they'll have started even by the end of 2017. If Avatar 3 makes it anywhere before 2020, it'll be the biggest miracle since the second coming... which never happened, so it'd be the biggest miracle of all time.

Also, if Fox has Avatar 2 + Deadpool 2 actually lined up for 2018, they may not do that shabby, but come on, Disney will rule that year w/an iron fist.

- Avengers: Infinity War - Even if drops a little bit due to Avengers oversaturation, it'll still do comfortably over 400M, + the Guardians are in this one, + it's the long awaited battle w/Thanos which gives it a Deathly Hallows type feel, so 500M is more likely than under Ultron honestly

- Han Solo - Rogue One proved that SW Anthologies can be big winners, so Han Solo shouldn't worry as long as it's good, and w/Lord & Miller at the helm, it's looking nice. Only question is release date, it shouldn't stay in May due to the Avengers, but should it go to December if Avatar 2 is actually a thing? Again, Rogue One gives confidence that yeah, HS could perform, but still...

- The Incredibles 2 - The one Pixar sequel that people actually asked for, and in the current landscape where superhero movies are THE thing in Hollywood? Breakout guaranteed

- Mulan - Not counting Alice 2 (one of the most unnecessary sequels ever that Disney gave zero shits about when the time to market it came) and Pete's Dragon (a bit too obscure of a Disney film anyway, and it wasn't even a failure to begin with), Disney has yet to have a financially unsuccessful live action remake, and after finally getting their footing right w/Cinderella and TJB quality wise, Mulan can be nothing short of a megahit if it's great, and it could also explode OS due to China

- Gigantic - Famous tale being adapted w/an intriguing take, and w/the Frozen musical team behind it, potential for a hit single that could bring this movie to big mainstream appeal is big, + WDAS haven't had a flop since Winnie The Pooh (which was 2D), all of their 3D stuff has done very well

- Black Panther - 1st major blockbuster movie ever w/an all black cast (or almost all black), + BP was one of Civil War's biggest highlights, + Deadpool proved that Feb. is totally reliable for superhero tentpoles... breakout guaranteed

- Mary Poppins Returns - Holiday legs + name recognition of Mary Poppins will surely make this a hit, even if Emily Blunt is (sadly) not very BO potent

- The Jungle Book 2 (if it's made official) - The biggest question mark of them all, due to Alice 2's underperformance, but unlike Alice, TJB actually has good wom... though the "original" Disney animated JB 2 was terrible, so hopefully Favreau doesn't just remake that movie

- Wreck-It Ralph 2 - Even though WIR was the lowest performer of all the Disney 3D Renaissance films so far, it's wom was arguably the strongest for any of these films except Zootopia or Moana, + could have a bigger part for VG characters like Sonic, + internet based plot could bring in the teen/young adult audience strongly

- Ant-Man And The Wasp - Should do better than the 1st one due to better recognition of the Ant-Man character, + the goodwill he too created after the original movie and Civil War, + female audience could play a stronger factor due to Wasp's introduction

- A Wrinkle In Time - Could be The BFG of Disney's 2018, but could also be another breakout for them, due to the cultural diversity of the cast, + the attractive plot, + the April release date which gives it space to perform

2018 is gonna be Disney's year again, bitches.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Again, THEY HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED SHOOTING THE 2ND ONE. If they had, I'm sure everybody would have known by now. I'm not sure if they'll have started even by the end of 2017. If Avatar 3 makes it anywhere before 2020, it'll be the biggest miracle since the second coming... which never happened, so it'd be the biggest miracle of all time.

Also, if Fox has Avatar 2 + Deadpool 2 actually lined up for 2018, they may not do that shabby, but come on, Disney will rule that year w/an iron fist.

- Avengers: Infinity War - Even if drops a little bit due to Avengers oversaturation, it'll still do comfortably over 400M, + the Guardians are in this one, + it's the long awaited battle w/Thanos which gives it a Deathly Hallows type feel, so 500M is more likely than under Ultron honestly

- Han Solo - Rogue One proved that SW Anthologies can be big winners, so Han Solo shouldn't worry as long as it's good, and w/Lord & Miller at the helm, it's looking nice. Only question is release date, it shouldn't stay in May due to the Avengers, but should it go to December if Avatar 2 is actually a thing? Again, Rogue One gives confidence that yeah, HS could perform, but still...

- The Incredibles 2 - The one Pixar sequel that people actually asked for, and in the current landscape where superhero movies are THE thing in Hollywood? Breakout guaranteed

- Mulan - Not counting Alice 2 (one of the most unnecessary sequels ever that Disney gave zero shits about when the time to market it came) and Pete's Dragon (a bit too obscure of a Disney film anyway, and it wasn't even a failure to begin with), Disney has yet to have a financially unsuccessful live action remake, and after finally getting their footing right w/Cinderella and TJB quality wise, Mulan can be nothing short of a megahit if it's great, and it could also explode OS due to China

- Gigantic - Famous tale being adapted w/an intriguing take, and w/the Frozen musical team behind it, potential for a hit single that could bring this movie to big mainstream appeal is big, + WDAS haven't had a flop since Winnie The Pooh (which was 2D), all of their 3D stuff has done very well

- Black Panther - 1st major blockbuster movie ever w/an all black cast (or almost all black), + BP was one of Civil War's biggest highlights, + Deadpool proved that Feb. is totally reliable for superhero tentpoles... breakout guaranteed

- Mary Poppins Returns - Holiday legs + name recognition of Mary Poppins will surely make this a hit, even if Emily Blunt is (sadly) not very BO potent

- The Jungle Book 2 (if it's made official) - The biggest question mark of them all, due to Alice 2's underperformance, but unlike Alice, TJB actually has good wom... though the "original" Disney animated JB 2 was terrible, so hopefully Favreau doesn't just remake that movie

- Wreck-It Ralph 2 - Even though WIR was the lowest performer of all the Disney 3D Renaissance films so far, it's wom was arguably the strongest for any of these films except Zootopia or Moana, + could have a bigger part for VG characters like Sonic, + internet based plot could bring in the teen/young adult audience strongly

- Ant-Man And The Wasp - Should do better than the 1st one due to better recognition of the Ant-Man character, + the goodwill he too created after the original movie and Civil War, + female audience could play a stronger factor due to Wasp's introduction

- A Wrinkle In Time - Could be The BFG of Disney's 2018, but could also be another breakout for them, due to the cultural diversity of the cast, + the attractive plot, + the April release date which gives it space to perform

2018 is gonna be Disney's year again, bitches.

Agreed wouldn't surprise me if in 2018, Disney broke their 2016 record.

43 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Also just so you guys know when A2 makes over $3.5B WW, Jim will just move Avatar 3,4 and 5 to 2019,2020 and 2021 respectively.

Jim giveth and Jim taketh, December is Jim's month.

I can not wait til avatar2 comes out and does less than $500m and is not the top movie of the year. It will be open season for the entire forum to troll the shit out of you.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, POTUS said:

I can not wait til avatar2 comes out and does less than $500m and is not the top movie of the year. It will be open season for the entire forum to troll the shit out of you.

Don't understimated the power of cameron young padawan :)

People did 2 times yet and see what happened.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, POTUS said:

Good luck with that, if you've got balls you won't put me on ignore once it tops the year and makes 3bil ww.