FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread (Dec-30-Jan 2nd) 3/4-day #s R1 49.5m/64.3m, Sing 42.8m/56.4m, Pass 16.15m/20.7m, Moana 10.97m/14.3m, WH 10.6m/13m, Fences 10m/12.7m

4 minutes ago, straggler said:

Question. What percentage of the production budget do studios normally spend on marketing? Anyway know?  

Marketing isn't included in the production budget, it's added on separately.

Edit: I just misread, you probably know that already.

Edited by m3racer123

10 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

Production budgets are separate from marketing costs

What I'm trying get at is if a film costs say $100 million is there conventional or standard additional amount a studio spends on the marketing, such as half the amount of the production budget, matching the amount of the production budget, etc.  

18 minutes ago, straggler said:

Question. What percentage of the production budget do studios normally spend on marketing? Anyway know?  

They're separate, but studios can spend anywhere from 130-150m or more for marketing tentpoles. Overall, I think the average marketing budget for all Hollywood movies is in the 60-70m range. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

Ironjimbo calling out people for being SW loonies?!  

That's gotta be one of the most ironic things I've ever seen someone post on here.  lol

I suppose the fact you all love star wars gives a jaded view of what a loony is.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, La La Panda said:

So BOM has Disney 18m short of 3b?  Or have they just not fully updated it yet?

they do the different areas / special charts step by step. I am waiting too for certain details and only get this:

u3JHsqMb6YPckL4J5f2J3Jb3W9Pj05Zb+A6NhxfG

We're in the process of updating the site right now. 
Try again in just a few minutes.

• Like 3

monster calls is already playing here but it has one of the worst trailers of the year and from the director of the impossible, which is one of the worst movies of whichever year it came out in. so i'm kiiiiinda on the fence.

Edited by CoolioD1