FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread (Dec-30-Jan 2nd) 3/4-day #s R1 49.5m/64.3m, Sing 42.8m/56.4m, Pass 16.15m/20.7m, Moana 10.97m/14.3m, WH 10.6m/13m, Fences 10m/12.7m

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

You may be surprised to here this but I think the 900m dom of TFA is untouchable for now, it had too much hype coming in, as long as it was serviceable it would make the $$$.

However.

1000m NEW DOM CHIMA

800m US AND CANADA

1700m OS (WITHOUT US AND CANADA)

3500m WW

Are you trying to say it will make a billion in China? Prepare to be severely disappointed... China's BO growth has almost slowed to a halt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You may be surprised to here this but I think the 900m dom of TFA is untouchable for now, it had too much hype coming in, as long as it was serviceable it would make the $$$.

However.

1000m NEW DOM CHIMA

800m US AND CANADA

3500m WW

Not happening. Count on that.

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You may be surprised to here this but I think the 900m dom of TFA is untouchable for now, it had too much hype coming in, as long as it was serviceable it would make the $$$. It honestly in my opinion takes away from the achievement of 900m that the quality of the film was never going to impact the gross, as long as it wasn't dumpster fire garbage. In hindsight JJ was a perfect pick to direct it, he always makes meh/ok adaptions.

However.

1000m NEW DOM CHINA (6 months in Cinema heard it here first)

800m US AND CANADA

3500m WW

Have you factored in where you expect the value of the US dollar to be in Dec 2018 (if it makes that release date)?

1 minute ago, m3racer123 said:

That won't help, the Chinese market is very crowded and frontloaded anyway. Even a film like Avatar will have played out within a couple of months.

You mean like the American market before Cameron changed cinema?

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Rogue One will make less than FB internationally. Might have to crawl over 500m internationally. Apparently only on track to make 60m in China which is awful! 

Yikes. I know Star Wars has always been more of a domestic thing but I at least figured Rogue One would challenge Captain America: Civil War in terms of OS gross. 

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You may be surprised to here this but I think the 900m dom of TFA is untouchable for now, it had too much hype coming in, as long as it was serviceable it would make the $$$. It honestly in my opinion takes away from the achievement of 900m that the quality of the film was never going to impact the gross, as long as it wasn't dumpster fire garbage. In hindsight JJ was a perfect pick to direct it, he always makes meh/ok adaptions.

However.

1000m NEW DOM CHINA (6 months in Cinema heard it here first)

800m US AND CANADA

3500m WW

BTW, screenshotted for postierity. ;):P

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Have you factored in where you expect the value of the US dollar to be in Dec 2018 (if it makes that release date)?

I expect the dollar to be weaker, god bless trump.

• Like 1

You mean like the American market before Cameron changed cinema?

Can you please post photos of your James Cameron shrine? I'd love to see it and I imagine you'd get a ton of likes to boot!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Can you please post photos of your James Cameron shrine? I'd love to see it and I imagine you'd get a ton of likes to boot!

3b4iWrO.jpg

Please make this my highest liked post! I think 6 is my record.

• Like 12

3b4iWrO.jpg

Please make this my highest liked post! I think 6 is my record.

WTF! I meant that post to be a joke. I didn't realize you actually had one.

Although, that might not even be your picture. Regardless, here's a like.

• Like 4

YES!! What a MARVELless idea. Please don't forget to post when I'm right.

Remember, I have no skin in this Avatar love/hate fest. :)  In fact, I'm somewhat looking forward to seeing what eventually comes out.  I also think the blowback against Avatar is more than a little overdone and passé among the internet hordes.

Doesn't mean I think it's gonna sniff 3b WW though. ;)

• Like 3