FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread (Dec-30-Jan 2nd) 3/4-day #s R1 49.5m/64.3m, Sing 42.8m/56.4m, Pass 16.15m/20.7m, Moana 10.97m/14.3m, WH 10.6m/13m, Fences 10m/12.7m

1 minute ago, ohmigod2005 said:

Everything I said is true though, Star Wars is not good at all compared to a lot of modern entertainment 

...in my opinion

Fixed that for you.

Cause since you aren't wholly paying attention, a lot of modern entertainment is dreck....in MY opinion of course. 

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

He has some points though. For real now, who would buy a 500 page book of a Marvel story with solely writting?

I'm not a fan of Marvel films but they most probably do have Marvel novels which are good sellers lol.

3 minutes ago, ohmigod2005 said:

Everything I said is true though, Star Wars is not good at all compared to a lot of modern entertainment 

Is someone mad that Rogue One is making more than Beasts and every other Potter movie except Hallows Part 2?

(BTW, people here like movies whether it's Star Wars, Potter, and MCU, along with multiple different franchises and genres)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ohmigod2005 said:

It clearly is good because people still find it very entertaining. Whatever it is that you consider to be "modern entertainment," is not as entertaining because Star Wars continues to dominate those movies at the box office. And Potter is really not a good example to use to try to prove your point.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

You have no fucking idea how reprehensible Dcasey's behavior in her previous incarnations were.  She's more of a Harry Potter loony than you are a Cameron loony.

I've got no idea who Dcasey is but the I assume she murdered your parents the way you speak to her.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ohmigod2005 said:

Wow, so much wrong with this: 

1) this was not a non event in the US, plain and simple. This is Rowling we're talking about here, and the film is tracking to about 240 mil.

2) I damn hope you have never praised a marvel film or a Star Wars film in your life, to be honest, because civil war, and really almost every single marvel film, have been terrible films driven solely by action. Sorry that's what you wanted and didn't get. 

3) Fantastic Beasts, and the rest of the Wizarding World brand, is sophisticated and creative in ways your fave superhero brands or Star Wars franchise is/are not. Those are light entertainment made to sell toys. I could not for the life of me even begin to comprehend how Civil War and Rogue One were anything but cute, toy selling mindless action films. They're always the same and they only take some risks, if any. Fantastic Beasts has pretty great acting, a complex and compelling story, amazing, huge-scale production design, a beautiful score, great costume and lighting design...Disney franchises typically go for loud childish bombast or nothing. 

4) What Disney blockbusters have officially done is taken character away from film. The plot drives them and everyone cares about the characters because of what they do, even narrowing it down to how they move and what bad guys they defeat. A number of people on this forum obviously have been trained to not be able to sit through any form of cerebral/emotional/psychological character driven moments whatsoever, which again, are few and far between in franchises and branded entertainment today. Except in The Wizarding World. Which is why it's been shunned by so many tough acting 40+ year old man-babies

5) The films and books in Rowling's brand are about the only commercially viable piece of entertainment that gets dark, tragic, and takes risks, and says a lot, about war, murder, loss, coming of age, repression, discrimination, bigotry, Capitol punishment, depression, hatred, fear, losing innocence, education interference, political corruption, and spirituality, among many other things. Fantastic Beasts and Potter are some of the only effortlessly sophisticated, morally and thematically mature pieces of branded entertainment in Hollywood today, to a reasonable extent, and it absolutely pissess me off that they're constantly dissed and patronized by 30 year old man-babies who love to play with their Disney Store(TM) toys and eat that SW branded GoGurt and try to mask their far more infantile obsessions with Lamentations on how "stupid and kiddie Potter is" and how "Star Wars is so Shakespearean". Ohmygodshutthefuckup. Shutthefuckup. Shutthefuckup. Star Wars is so light in comparison and young skewing in comparison as well I don't know why I have to fight with these people. 

And of course, when patronization doesn't work, they just opaquely trash it (^you my friend) and continue to act like its a Transformers sequel or something, and it isn't the highest grossing franchise, highest selling book series, and second most expensive entertainment brand in the world with far more consistent critical acclaim than Star Wars or Middle Earth. Jesus, get over yourselves. 

Related image

• Like 11

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

I've got no idea who Dcasey is but the I assume she murdered your parents the way you speak to her.

Worse Basically, she came onto these forums, declared loud how Fantastic Beasts would make over 300M and wished everyone who didn't think so would die, and after getting banned for life, made like 5 alternate accounts declaring the same exact shit only for her to get banned within like 20 minutes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm not a fan of Marvel films but they most probably do have Marvel novels which are good sellers lol.

Really? Shit I though it was only comics :P . Sorry for that but what I meant (and I think that it is true) is that the Potter series are mostly about storrytelling and characters. Marvel movies are generally about action and visual effects. In other words, Rowling's work is far more deep than anything on Marvel..

Edited by FantasticBeasts
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, robertman2 said:

Wait, what else did she do?

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Basically, she came onto these forums, declared loud how Fantastic Beasts would make over 300M and wished everyone who didn't think so would die, and after getting banned for life, made like 5 alternate accounts declaring the same exact shit only for her to get banned within like 20 minutes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Is someone mad that Rogue One is making more than Beasts and every other Potter movie except Hallows Part 2?

(BTW, people here like movies whether it's Star Wars, Potter, and MCU, along with multiple different franchises and genres)

But it's not done that, lol

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

I would check out the first post in this thread:

And see why some folks are a little... annoyed right now. :)

• Like 2