FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread (Dec-30-Jan 2nd) 3/4-day #s R1 49.5m/64.3m, Sing 42.8m/56.4m, Pass 16.15m/20.7m, Moana 10.97m/14.3m, WH 10.6m/13m, Fences 10m/12.7m

1 minute ago, ohmigod2005 said:

But it's not done that, lol

It's on pace to though :jeb!: and it's beaten every Potter movie domestically.

Edited by YourMother

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Worse Basically, she came onto these forums, declared loud how Fantastic Beasts would make over 300M and wished everyone who didn't think so would die, and after getting banned for life, made like 5 alternate accounts declaring the same exact shit only for her to get banned within like 20 minutes.

I never told anyone to go die, I said it would probably get to 100+ mil and 800 WW and that one person's conservative estimate was "ridiculously low", but K, my opinion wasn't liked, so you banned me, I get it 

Just now, ohmigod2005 said:

I never told anyone to go die, I said it would probably get to 100+ mil and 800 WW and that one person's conservative estimate was "ridiculously low", but K, my opinion wasn't liked, so you banned me, I get it 

"Get out" means "get out". Get the fuck out.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ohmigod2005 said:

May I quote you when you made your post in the "Fantastic Beasts Over Half Blood Domestic" club?

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 1:19 AM, dcasey98 said:

Everyone who's saying out is someone who doesn't know anything about Potter, who's just creaming their underwear at the thought of anything Potter related flopping. 

I don't think you should take their opinions seriously. Approach people who actually know something about the film. Box office theory is about the only forum where people seem to be overwhelmingly negative (and ignorant) about the film. They only care about their little enclave of anticipation, and that is all that matters. This is a forum that has Moana as more anticipated than Beasts, yet I think we all know which is 100% without a doubt going to perform better at the box office. Hint: it isn't fucking Moana.

I find it hilarious that there's anyone who seriously thinks this will do that much worse than Rogue One, let alone Doctor Strange. Absurd. Fuck off please. The two films with the shittiest of shitty marketing and horrible reshoot problems, do better than Fantastic Beasts? Don't make me laugh. 

Your constant emphasis on "kids" is stupid. The original marketing for the franchise was aimed at young teens to adults. The books and films were written for adolescents and targeted adults the farther along they went, so that a large portion of the series, most of it, reads like normal, fairly dark adult fantasy with a few YA fantasy trappings. It's not the same as Nemo at all, but...funny comparison. 

Im IN. Fuck the BOT idiots and weird Harry Potter detractors that aren't and won't be even when it's grossed $900 mil + WW. 

Its been almost 20 years since The Wizarding World has been around, in the meantime, becoming the most read collection of books after the bible and becoming the second most expensive entertainment brand ever, yet people still act like its some Transformers-esque warm up act. It's just so fucking patronization of the class A talent that's involved in the production of the books and films and everything else, not to mention, a completely ignorant and arrogant way to treat one of the biggest fan bases you'll find.

Just now, ohmigod2005 said:

That was a report created by someone else, was literally never something I said. 

I don't believe you but I suppose it's possible.

Oh god I hope I don't get framed!

1 minute ago, ohmigod2005 said:

Where in there do I tell anyone to go die? 

I see more aggressive posts than that every day on this website 

Oh sweetie, I'd post all the other quotes, but they were edited by mods, presumably cause of rude behavior.  Considering that post was somehow not deleted, I can only imagine how bad the other ones are.

• Like 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

Oh nobody cares about domestic.  Just everyone who follows box office and every major and minor studio in Hollywood, that's all :).

JKR films consistently going 750+ mil WW and as high as 1 bil WW and and having out grossed SW films in the past and outgrossing SW as a franchise? I couldn't give less of a fuck about domestic, the numbers of which are still good. If the US is the only place that cares or doesn't care about a film, it doesn't mean much. Shake that ethnocentrism out. 

4 minutes ago, ohmigod2005 said:

As a person who is an Admistrator on another forum (and one which gets a fair amount of traffic) a piece of free advice:

The way to be let back into a forum:  Apologize privately via email  (or other methods) for things you did wrong and promise to behave in the future.

The way NOT to be let back into a forum: Creates lots of multiple accounts, flaming any one who disagrees with you while insulting the people who run the forum.

Contrition goes a long way; sneaking back in and flaming others?  Not so much.

• Like 10