Mockingjay Raphael

Horror 2017

2 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Two of the biggest Horror flops of year were Rated R (ACFTW/FR) with The Belko Experiment being another disaster, there’s nothing riskier than doing a bad Rated R movie. Studios are still going to release PG13 movie, it’s safer for them. 

5 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

The Bello Experiment was trash.

A Cure for Wellness and Belko Experiment being called trash? :thinking: 

4 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

These bad directors should be thankfully for the PG13 ratting allowing them to keep getting work, since I doubt that adult audiences would show up for their awful movies like teens do.

The ironic part is the director of The Boy has made 3 movies, 2 rated Pg-13 and 1 rated R, the R rated one made more than the two PG-13 rated ones combined and it had a much lower budget, meaning more profits. The Gallows was dreadful and it made more than The Bye Bye Man and Wish Upon combined, with a fraction of the budget.

1 hour ago, NoobSaibot said:

A Cure for Wellness was forgettable, but The Belko Experiment was okay. But I would hesitate to say that either film was terrible.

I actually enjoyed Belko a lot, it was one of these movies where a strong direction elevates a weak material. It builds a truly tense atmosphere, and has one of the most tense scenes that I remember watching lately. Too bad that it is brought down by an awful and uninspired script, but it’s not a surprise considering that it is from the same guy that wrote Guardians of Galaxy 2, another poorly written movie.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

The ironic part is the director of The Boy has made 3 movies, 2 rated Pg-13 and 1 rated R, the R rated one made more than the two PG-13 rated ones combined and it had a much lower budget, meaning more profits. The Gallows was dreadful and it made more than The Bye Bye Man and Wish Upon combined, with a fraction of the budget.

The only reason why The Devil Inside did huge numbers (on the OW only), was because it received an amazing marketing from Paramount, too bad that it was an exception and not a rule, why don’t we see more bad Rated R movies like The Devil Inside over performing then? 

The Bye Bye Man did almost the same thing as The Gallows, and Wish Upon was released by a broken company, it barely received marketing, not a fair comparison, do I really need to bring you a list of Rated R movies that bombed at Box Office compared to the PG13 ones? 

10 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

The only reason why The Devil Inside did huge numbers (on the OW only), was because it received an amazing marketing from Paramount, too bad that it was an exception and not a rule, why don’t we see more bad Rated R movies like The Devil Inside over performing then? 

The Bye Bye Man did almost the same thing as The Gallows, and Wish Upon was released by a broken company, it barely received marketing, not a fair comparison, do I really need to bring you a list of Rated R movies that bombed at Box Office compared to the PG13 ones? 

I'm so looking forwards to Happy Death Day making $130 million opening weekend, should be very easy for a PG-13 rated horror to do. Will be very disappointing if it can't do that,

1 minute ago, Boxofficerules said:

I'm so looking forwards to Happy Death Day making $130 million opening weekend, should be very easy for a PG-13 rated horror to do. Will be very disappointing if it can't do that,

That won't happen. A debut between $20-$25 million seems reasonable. And then make $65 million total is good enough.

I didn't expect to love IT as much as I did. I hate too much CGI and I hate unrealistic supernatural elements, but it worked for me, I was so invested in the story. I think it's because I cared so much for the kids. I think there's potential to do the same thing with some iconic horror franchises like Nightmare On Elm Street, Friday the 13th and Halloween, and studios will make a ton of money if they get it right.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

That won't happen. A debut between $20-$25 million seems reasonable. And then make $65 million total is good enough.

I’m seeing it touching $30m, the buzz is really strong on Twitter and Facebook, the trailer has tons of views at Facebook, teens girls will go nuts for it. And it has a perfect release date. I can’t wait to see it dominating Halloween and killing Jigsaw. 

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I didn't expect to love IT as much as I did. I hate too much CGI and I hate unrealistic supernatural elements, but it worked for me, I was so invested in the story. I think it's because I cared so much for the kids. I think there's potential to do the same thing with some iconic horror franchises like Nightmare On Elm Street, Friday the 13th and Halloween, and studios will make a ton of money if they get it right.

Warner should make a new Nightmare On Elm Street having kids as the ones being haunted, instead of teenagers like the awful remake. I could see it being a mini IT, Warner found the perfect formula to make a Horror blockbuster movie with IT, just put a lot of heart in your movie and the GP will love it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I’m seeing it touching $30m, the buzz is really strong on Twitter and Facebook, the trailer has tons of views at Facebook, teens girls will go nuts for it. And it has a perfect release date. I can’t wait to see it dominating Halloween and killing Jigsaw. 

I can't wait to see it gross $300 +. If an R rated horror can do it, should be no problem for a PG-13 one. Jigsaw is rated R so of course that's not expected to do much but a PG-13 rated horror flick should easily win the year.

3 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

I can't wait to see it gross $300 +. If an R rated horror can do it, should be no problem for a PG-13 one. Jigsaw is rated R so of course that's not expected to do much but a PG-13 rated horror flick should easily win the year.

And I can’t wait to see your face once that HDD do on it’s OW the total of Jigsaw. :rofl: 

51 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

It could do. Wouldn't surprise me, Jigsaw is a part 8, I don think think it's  going too do much.

Ouch! But Saw is part of a franchise, and most important: IT’S RATED R, three of the biggest Horror hits of year were Rated R, shouldn’t it alone guarantee that Jigsaw will a be a huge hit? :thinking: 

This year has been such a hit or miss for the genre, no mid-hits so far. While we had: Split/Get Out/Annabelle/IT doing massive numbers, we also had: ACFTW/TBBM/Rings/WU/TBE/FR/Jigsaw underperforming/bombing. I wonder if Happy Death Day will be the first mid-hit of year, or if it will go in full force.